RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look back on my emails and last year I got the handbook and term dates sent to me (as an existing JA parent) on the 19th June for Leeds......won't be too much longer! Plus I need to order new uniform so I wish they would hurry up 😂

Just wondering if anyone has ever been successful in getting feedback from JA auditions? My DD has just had a ‘no’ for the 3rd year running -  in my mind that means she definitely does not have what the Royal Ballet are looking for. But her teacher is already saying she needs to keep ‘plugging at it’ as she thought she stood a real chance this year. My DD is already saying she might want to try for the Mid Associates next year... but my gut feeling is that if the RB have said no this many times, there is something about her physique or dancing ability that isn’t right for them. She successfully auditioned for another associate scheme last year (Y5) and will continue that for Y6. It just feels unfair to let her audition for the MAs  (and to pay the application fee!) if she absolutely doesn’t stand a chance. Feedback from her audition would be so helpful! 

7 hours ago, Pinkpip100 said:

Just wondering if anyone has ever been successful in getting feedback from JA auditions? My DD has just had a ‘no’ for the 3rd year running -  in my mind that means she definitely does not have what the Royal Ballet are looking for. But her teacher is already saying she needs to keep ‘plugging at it’ as she thought she stood a real chance this year. My DD is already saying she might want to try for the Mid Associates next year... but my gut feeling is that if the RB have said no this many times, there is something about her physique or dancing ability that isn’t right for them. She successfully auditioned for another associate scheme last year (Y5) and will continue that for Y6. It just feels unfair to let her audition for the MAs  (and to pay the application fee!) if she absolutely doesn’t stand a chance. Feedback from her audition would be so helpful! 

I feel you! Pretty sure we will be in exactly the same position in a few days. I believe parents are not permitted to seek feedback about JA auditions. Do you have any idea what might be stopping her? If so, is it something that is likely to change? Her teacher is probably in the best position to advise you about this.

8 hours ago, Pinkpip100 said:

We have two friends who’ve got mid places who weren’t successful at JA.... 

9 hours ago, Pinkpip100 said:

Teachers send their very best students from around the UK.

Of those, the RBS picks one out of 10 (about).

You don’t have to have anything “wrong with you” not to be chosen. They pick the outstanding ones who had a lucky day. Even the outstanding ones who have a off day are out. 

Edited by ExpatB
  • Like 1

So if DS auditioned in London for Eastleigh (we missed our Eastleigh audition🙈) what set of results can we expect to be in? Thank you!😊

Good luck to everyone today - rooting for each and every one of you!🌟

Edited by Balletmum2Many

1 minute ago, Balletmum2Many said:

So if DS auditioned in London for Eastleigh (we missed our Eastleigh audition🙈) what set of results can we expect to be in? Thank you!😊

You’ll get your results with the London batch, hopefully next week. 

12 minutes ago, Balletmum2Many said:

I think the results will be with the London results...at least that is how I understand it works. It’s our first year so I could be wrong but this is what I have gathered from other posts. 🙂

1 minute ago, Catlynn said:

I think the results will be with the London results...at least that is how I understand it works. It’s our first year so I could be wrong but this is what I have gathered from other posts. 🙂

Yes. That’s what’s been happening... but there’s always an element of surprise.

We auditioned in Eastleigh for a London place, so hopefully I can confirm later on today.  

5 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

Yes. That’s what’s been happening... but there’s always an element of surprise.

We auditioned in Eastleigh for a London place, so hopefully I can confirm later on today.  

DD auditioned in London for a London place so hoping to hear next week. Not hopeful, as assuming there are few Y6 places, but you never know. She is keen to try for MA if unsuccessful so that will be her next step. Good luck and let’s hope they throw in a surprise today! 

• Like 1

Big congratulations to all the lucky little dancers who have had good news this week and good luck to those still waiting. It’s worth remembering though that a no from RBS at this age (or any age!) does not mean a no to a successful future in classical ballet, just as a yes does not guarantee one. There are many glorious roads to the fulfilment of ballet dreams and as someone said in an earlier post, the closing of one door can lead to the opening of another 😊

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, elfin said:

There are many glorious roads to the fulfilment of ballet dreams and as someone said in an earlier post, the closing of one door can lead to the opening of another 😊

And let’s not forget all the other wonderful dance disciplines! Almost all successful dancers started out with ballet! 

• Like 3

I think earlier in the thread a couple of people mentioned that they got SWL then got a call to offer a place. I know someone who got SWL last year and has been offered a place this year x

9 minutes ago, NotaClue said:

Has anyone ever been successful after receiving "short wait list"?

How does that work ...

Good Luck everyone xxx

We had SWL last year but no place became available. I didn’t expect it to as it would have to be exceptional circumstances for someone go through all of this is and not take the place!

7 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

I have had 3 JAs get in off SWL over the years and the odd mid .

Awww thats nice to hear ... SWL is an achievement in itself, but I was unsure exactly how it worked, and if ever anyone had successfully found a place 🙂

2 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

My dd got in off swl too......got a phone call from Sylvia Hubbard about 3 days after results came out :)

Awww wonderful.  My daughter has been give SWL for Manchester Centre, Year 6.  I have replied accepted her place on the SWL and have given a couple of other Centre options which would also be accessible too, but I had no idea whether or not people ever got places from it etc ... thankyou 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Creakingstool said:

Manchester results are out and its a no for my DD :( I hope she isn't too disappointed when I tell her.

This was for a year 6 place. Good luck to everyone still waiting xx

Bless you, totally agree with RahRahs mum that the universe has amazing things coming her way. Xxx