• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

Geez, they’re not rushing these emails out are they... 😭

On the edge about Eastleigh.

They aren’t are they 😟. I’m not even waiting for Eastleigh but Leeds and I feel quite sick today. 

I keep refreshing to see if Eastleigh are out so I know Leeds are imminent as I don’t think I’ll sleep again tonight if they don’t come out today 😭

Keeping my my fingers crossed for everyone x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SJBallet said:

I keep refreshing to see if Eastleigh are out so I know Leeds are imminent as I don’t think I’ll sleep again tonight if they don’t come out today 😭

When Eastleigh comes out you’ll know it from me within seconds. 

You here are the only people I can share it with, as I keep my email refresh obsession secret from everyone else in my life and DD is at school till late today. 😉

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

You here are the only people I can share it with, as I keep my email refresh obsession secret from everyone else in my life and DD is at school till late today. 😉

I am exactly the same. Although DD isn’t at school late and I’ll probably have picked her up by the time Leeds come out if they do today. 

I feel as though my heart is beating out of my chest today. 

So glad there is someone to share the nerves with as not everyone gets in in real life and makes me feel like a pushy mum!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

I am exactly the same. Although DD isn’t at school late and I’ll probably have picked her up by the time Leeds come out if they do today. 

I feel as though my heart is beating out of my chest today. 

So glad there is someone to share the nerves with as not everyone gets in in real life and makes me feel like a pushy mum!

It’s so easy to get all tangled up, isn’t it.

I’ve sworn so many times I won’t stress or obsess about this. Told myself over and over again that it’s totally OK either way. I actually believe it too. Usually. And look at me now. LOL. 

• Like 1

Just now, ExpatB said:

It’s so easy to get all tangled up, isn’t it.

I’ve sworn so many times I won’t stress or obsess about this. Told myself over and over again that it’s totally OK either way. I actually believe it too. Usually. And look at me now. LOL. 

Me too and I’ve been so calm until Newcastle results came out and now I’m a ball of nerves. 

I know in my heart it will be a no and thats ok. DD will be ok as she loves her Sat dance classes and we’ve got a few other auditions things coming up which will hopefully result in good news. But it doesn’t stop me wishing for a good result for her and now I just want to know so I can stop stressing 😂😂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

Feeling is mutual ExpatB I also have this secret obsession however you are lucky your wait may be over today I think I will have to wait until next week now for a Totnes result.  Would love to receive a yes but realistically expecting a no.

Edited by Dancing Daisy

Yes it is looking like we will be waiting until next week for Bath too. Every time a batch of results come out and we get a bit closer I feel slightly more 🤢

Were any of the Totnes people on here at the insight day? We did our insight day in Totnes because we missed the deadline for our nearest centres.

5 minutes ago, Dancing Daisy said:

Feeling is mutual ExpatB I also have this secret obsession however you are lucky your wait may be over today I think I will have to wait until next week now for a Totnes result.  Would love to receive a yes but realistically expecting a no.

I don’t feel lucky. I feel like a mess. 😂

They’ve skipped days in the past, e.g. last year. 

This audition was on 13th May, exactly a month ago in Eastleigh... it seems like ages ago. 

Just now, ExpatB said:

I don’t feel lucky. I feel like a mess. 😂

They’ve skipped days in the past, e.g. last year. 

This audition was on 13th May, exactly a month ago in Eastleigh... it seems like ages ago. 

Why would they skip days 😭😭

I’ll be driving home shortly. That’s 45mins I won’t be able to refresh!!

5 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Yes it is looking like we will be waiting until next week for Bath too. Every time a batch of results come out and we get a bit closer I feel slightly more 🤢

Were any of the Totnes people on here at the insight day? We did our insight day in Totnes because we missed the deadline for our nearest centres.

Hiya we were there!! We’ve applied for a year 5 place.  Refreshing already!! 🤞🤞

1 minute ago, SJBallet said:

Why would they skip days 😭😭

I’ll be driving home shortly. That’s 45mins I won’t be able to refresh!!

And if they skip a day. That means it might be Eastleigh tomorrow and Leeds might not be until Monday which is just too cruel. 😟

Luckily DD has no idea the results are due 😥

4 minutes ago, JoB said:

Hiya we were there!! We’ve applied for a year 5 place.  Refreshing already!! 🤞🤞

Good luck! I was there with my DD who was one of the smallest there in a light pink leotard, and her friend, one of the boys. There were only 3 boys if I remember right.

15 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

We didn't go to the insight day my DD was dancing at a local dance festival.

5 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Good luck! I was there with my DD who was one of the smallest there in a light pink leotard, and her friend, one of the boys. There were only 3 boys if I remember right.

My little girl is a small one too in a black leotard, good luck!!! 🤞🤞

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ExpatB said:

Teachers send their very best students from around the UK.

Of those, the RBS picks one out of 10 (about).

You don’t have to have anything “wrong with you” not to be chosen. They pick the outstanding ones who had a lucky day. Even the outstanding ones who have a off day are out. 

Thanks @ExpatB @Sally-Anne @PutYourBooteesOn @Dancing unicorn for your replies. I agree that asking her dance teachers for their views is the best option, but they are 3 weeks away from the end of year show so possibly not the best time! Before the audition they said they thought she stood a good chance this year, so I guess they do feel she has potential. 

• Like 1

Our yes email came at 1215 on the 12th June for Eastleigh last year.  The previous year’s SWL offer came much later in the month, I’m almost sure of it. Its an awful time not knowing when it will be sent; we’ve just gone through it all again for Mids - sadly my DD is back on the SWL so will no doubt need to retry next Feb as having been SWL before, we’re not hopeful of a place coming up. Good luck to all waiting- you must surely hear in the next day or so; its a fabulous experience for your children 😁

3 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Another sleepless night then 😮

I hope it doesn’t mean we have to wait until Monday for Leeds!

We’re actually quiet calm. I between this we’re moving my daughters school and we got the yes today so I’m hopeful we’ll get a run of good luck 

• Like 1