RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

49 minutes ago, Creakingstool said:

Manchester results are out and its a no for my DD :( I hope she isn't too disappointed when I tell her.

This was for a year 6 place. Good luck to everyone still waiting xx

Sorry for your bad news. Hopefully your DD will shake it off and have better luck in the future 🙁

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that @Creakingstool, after our no yesterday DD seemed ok - then I found her crying in her room! which wasn’t great, but today it’s like it hasn’t happened and we are all back to normal, everything forgot about and without the cloud of not knowing hanging over head! they are very resilient these little DC’s! 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Astrid said:

Sorry to hear that @Creakingstool, after our no yesterday DD seemed ok - then I found her crying in her room! which wasn’t great, but today it’s like it hasn’t happened and we are all back to normal, everything forgot about and without the cloud of not knowing hanging over head! they are very resilient these little DC’s! 🙂

@Astrid so sad to hear that your DD was crying, bless her, but I guess it is to be expected when they put so much into it. 😢  Glad she is back to normal though. Just talk about Elmhurst a lot and she'll be fine!

1 hour ago, Astrid said:

Hopefully when she’s got her elmhurst uniform and can get all excited about that, it will be put right aside xxx

• Like 1

Congratulations to everyone who got a yes and hugs to those who gained a no - 

is there anyone waiting for London? 

If so, do you know how many places will be for the. New year 5 class ?

do the current year 4s move in which makes it harder to get into year 5? 

My daughter has dances with the English youth ballet - and urgently with the Sussex youth ballet so the royal ballet audition has been our first for the associate program

- many thanks 

Katie 

Well it was a no for my little student for Manchester too but with yesterday’s Birmingham results! A very upset little girl but mum has said she now wants more classes with me and is going to try again next year! A very determined little girl. 

Makes me even more proud of my own DD’s success for a yr4 place all those years ago! It’s so so hard to get a place. So many auditioning for so few places. 

Good luck everyone else waiting and as I said to my ‘mum’ it’s not a no it’s just a not yet 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Dancing unicorn said:

Well it was a no for my little student for Manchester too but with yesterday’s Birmingham results! A very upset little girl but mum has said she now wants more classes with me and is going to try again next year! A very determined little girl. 

Makes me even more proud of my own DD’s success for a yr4 place all those years ago! It’s so so hard to get a place. So many auditioning for so few places. 

Good luck everyone else waiting and as I said to my ‘mum’ it’s not a no it’s just a not yet 😁

As bless her, a superstar attitude! X

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

@Matilda when did your daughter dance with EYB? My DD auditioned and danced in Coppelia in 2018. We are waiting to hear about a Y6 place in London. Not very hopeful but if you never try, you will never know. 🤞

Hi she was with Cinderella goes to hollywood at the Crawley hawk - she got their award bless her - very unexpected ! EYB are great aren’t they ? Did you DD audition for a year 5 place last year ? Best of luck - hard for these girls to be primas hey? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matilda said:

Hi she was with Cinderella goes to hollywood at the Crawley hawk - she got their award bless her - very unexpected ! EYB are great aren’t they ? Did you DD audition for a year 5 place last year ? Best of luck - hard for these girls to be primas hey? 

Well done to your DD getting their award. My DD loved EYB and would love to do it again but she also does festivals in the half terms and that could cause an issue in the future.

DD didn’t audition last year for JA but two of her ballet friends did. I think one was a “no” and one got on a waiting list but nothing ever came of it. DD was a bit annoyed she wasn’t asked to do it last year so this year, she asked her teacher and her teacher said she should definitely audition.

Best of luck to your DD too!  Now we wait 😅😂

Looks like Eastleigh tomorrow then - good luck! Congratulations to those with a yes already - And sorry for those with a no. I do agree that sometimes you can find a reason why these things happen. My daughter had her heart set on London Children’s Ballet this year, she got to the final auditions but didn’t get in. But, later she auditioned for an ENO production being choreographed by Wayne McGregor, just 2 solo dancing roles. She got this, and it has been a wonderfully positive experience, and wouldn’t have been possible if she had been in LCB. So if the door closes, somewhere there is a window about to open. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RaaRah’s Mum said:

Do you think hyper mobility is a factor in the results? 

I’ve asked this question before and I think it’s just one of many factors they look for. That alone isn’t enough (of course) but I think it’s a tick of a box. But I’m still learning about all this as DD is very new to all this. I’m sure someone else can give you a better answer. 

Congratulations to all the people with a yes and keep working hard to the ‘not yet’. They’re all amazing to even put themselves through this. 

A little insight - My daughter will complete her third year as a JA and I can honestly say her class from year 4, 5 and 6 was a real mix of ability, shape and size. 

I think you have to audition with a very open mind as nobody really knows what they look for - It seems to change every year!! 

Musicality and confidence seems to be high up on the list. My daughter is blessed with very natural turnout, others in her class very flexible and some very strong. 

It's so hard and doesn't get any easier - I hope all your Beautiful DC's have enjoyed the audition and it's never a NO just a NOT YET 💕

Good Luck to everyone still waiting x

• Like 5

Yes definitely they go in centre order- as someone said earlier as they had an early result for Manchester because they auditioned in bham. It’s not just London /Eastleigh that have centre crossovers 

• Like 2