RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

Although new to this group, I’ve kept an eye on it all week and am glad to know I’m not alone in the inexplicable anxiety of this process! My DS auditioned in London for a Y4 place, and I’m reluctantly accepting that London results won’t be available until  w/c 24th June. Fascinated to know how 2nd preference places work, and how they are considered and allocated in the consideration/allocation of places. 

It’s the ‘guessing’ of the process that seems to be most driving me slowly insane 😝 

Edited by BalletBoysDad
  • Like 3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For example, if a centre (eg Birmingham) has already been decided, and someone in a later audition centre put Birmingham as a second choice, I wonder how seriously the panel would take that applicant, in the mix of all those who auditioned there as first choice.... 

Oh the madness of it all... (or the madness of me) 😂 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Catlynn said:

Let’s hope so but I’m not sure how many centres are before us that haven’t heard yet...

3 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

Is it likely to be Wednesday the 19th for London?

I would say Wednesday 19th will be the earliest for London. My daughter was in the first audition for London so I guess we will be in the first batch of London results - I’ll let you know!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sally-Anne said:

I would say Wednesday 19th will be the earliest for London. My daughter was in the first audition for London so I guess we will be in the first batch of London results - I’ll let you know!

Please do as we were group 3 for London. It’s a long shot but I’d like to know the result so we can move forward (plus with the Bucks 11plus coming up in September, we’ve got a lot on our plate at the moment). 😬

10 minutes ago, Emma101 said:

Why do you think Tuesday x

Last year, if I remember correctly, the day after the WL summer fair was skipped, as was the days before. 

I supposed the admin staff is tied up on other jobs. Man I hope I’m wrong! 

56 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

Please do as we were group 3 for London. It’s a long shot but I’d like to know the result so we can move forward (plus with the Bucks 11plus coming up in September, we’ve got a lot on our plate at the moment). 😬

I know what you mean - we expect not to get in given that this is DD’s 3rd attempt, but it would be nice to draw a line under it and move on to the next thing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

Last year, if I remember correctly, the day after the WL summer fair was skipped, as was the days before. 

I supposed the admin staff is tied up on other jobs. Man I hope I’m wrong! 

I can tell you that we heard last year on the Tuesday about our London Wednesday (Day 2) audition. Not sure if any results were out on the Monday - if so possibly from the day 1 London auditions. 

Last year by this time Eastleigh results were out and only London remained. 

It’s a bummer, I really wanted to go to the fair but we didn’t, because we had no results yet. 

I didn’t want to get DD all worked up and excited and be disappointed again. 

34 minutes ago, Hazel said:

@Sally-Anne Only if they get through Eastleigh Leeds two days of Bath and Totnes first...🤞🏻 But I doubt it....

Yes that is at the most optimistic rate of 2 centres per day. They managed it with Newcastle and Birmingham I think last week, but I agree that is very optimistic

On 14/06/2019 at 23:45, Balletcat800 said:

Had a bit of inside info for bath today. A friend has a JA daughter going up to year 6. She said she knows of around 7/8 places available. 

However...... There must be at least 250 kids that applied?? I'm assuming it's 5 groups a day? Bath was two days... And in my daughters group there were 25 in her group 🙈🙈

That is crazy, over 200 applicants for about 7 places! Someone I spoke to on the weekend said the same. Sounding like chance of getting a place is very slim indeed! Well you never know, good luck!

3 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

That is crazy, over 200 applicants for about 7 places! Someone I spoke to on the weekend said the same. Sounding like chance of getting a place is very slim indeed! Well you never know, good luck!

Yes, sounds about right.

And the chances for London girls are even worse!

We can all safely assume it’s a NO unless notified otherwise. 

(And the best dancers in the UK even show up at the auditions. Imagine that. Out of thousands of dance schools....)

15 minutes ago, TEE said:

Has anyone heard from Totnes auditions yet? 

There is still Eastleigh, Leeds and Bath to come out before Totnes so will probably be towards end of the week. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Lottie77 said:

It is usually about 10% chance of a place, but it does depend. In Eastleigh this time the amount moving to year 6 is big so there are more year 4/5 places and less year  6.

Good Luck to you all. x

That’s good to know if we ever find out lol