RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, RaaRah’s Mum said:

Haha, I blame my husband, he kept saying we wouldn’t hear until Friday! Guess how smug he is today 😆 

At this point he might be overconfident about tomorrow. Tell him THAT! 😈

Edited by ExpatB
Typo

I am just trying to catch up with all of today's messages. So no results at all today??!!! They do like to keep us in suspense don't they? 😂 I wonder if there will be any tomorrow or whether they are done for the week!

@Pinkpip100 I was in a very fortunate position with one of my students 2 years back where they auditioned for something and I knew someone on the panel, this was after an unsuccessful JA audition. Turns out in auditions they completely lost their confidence and stopped being the child they were in class and exams, not that they became awful but the panel just didn’t see the magic, they were just another “good kid”. The term before the next round of JA auditions I did lots and lots of mini auditions in class and adopted so many different personas, minimal speaking, hyper strict, fast paced, slow and finickity teaching styles. I was shocked myself as they did completely disintegrate in audition type scenarios. Something must have twigged because the second JA audition and subsequent Elmhurst audition were both immediate yeses, followed by summer school offers, EYB places and further associate offers. 

Perhaps your dd does have real potential but it’s her audition presence and confidence that needs work? 

• Like 5

@Bluebird22 I think this could have had an impact for my DD. She is not the most outwardly confident of children, to someone new she would seem fairly quiet and reserved. I'm seeing huge changes in this as she spends more time dancing and I think she will bloom as she gets older.

She was not nervous going in and loved the whole experience but I think she wouldn't have a particularly huge prescence maybe in the audition room.

• Like 1

@Bluebird22 I love that you said about seeing the 'magic'. I've always thought that this must be what they look for, but reading on here it seems like all that they care about is your body shape and how you dance doesn't come into it! I think there must be more to it than that?

• Like 2

@Bluebird22, I so wish my DS could have had you as his teacher !! 

His teacher just kept on pointing out he "only" got into JAs in year 5 not year 4, and "only" got 3 MDS offers for year 7 and WL finals.  I think her finest hour was asking him to hand his own ballet shoes over to the child of choice (who did go to WL and was a JA from year 4) because my DS had split soles, which the other child fancied.  

Not the best way to build confidence.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matilda said:

Those who are in the associate for Elmhurst - is it only in Birmingham ? Or other centres ? I’ve been trying to investigate ! First time applying for a JA !

Hi Matilda we are down South and our closest Elmhurst associate training is in Plymouth on a Sunday.

I think body type is a huge huge part of it, but so many kids have that ideal body type that the magic has to play a part in it, or else how do they decide between one kid with the perfect body and another ! 

@meadowblythe I thought you were going to have some lovely tale with the shoes, I have one of my first students who went to vocational schools ballet shoe with the little green dot I drew on the heel to remind him to show off the inside of the foot, framed on my living room wall! I am far too sentimental for my own good. I think the same can be said for most dance teachers your babies are our babies too, so we are here nail biting and anxiously refreshing and sending message after message wanting to know if the results have come yet, and if they aren’t they are just exercise more professional restraint than I do! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

@Pinkpip100 I was in a very fortunate position with one of my students 2 years back where they auditioned for something and I knew someone on the panel, this was after an unsuccessful JA audition. Turns out in auditions they completely lost their confidence and stopped being the child they were in class and exams, not that they became awful but the panel just didn’t see the magic, they were just another “good kid”. The term before the next round of JA auditions I did lots and lots of mini auditions in class and adopted so many different personas, minimal speaking, hyper strict, fast paced, slow and finickity teaching styles. I was shocked myself as they did completely disintegrate in audition type scenarios. Something must have twigged because the second JA audition and subsequent Elmhurst audition were both immediate yeses, followed by summer school offers, EYB places and further associate offers. 

Perhaps your dd does have real potential but it’s her audition presence and confidence that needs work? 

Thanks @Bluebird22that is really helpful. My gut feeling is that what you describe is exactly what happened - she seemed happy and confident going in and coming out, but she is naturally quiet and reserved and I have watched her in other classes where she feels a unsure of herself (new teacher etc) and noticed that it does come across in her body language and posture. Maybe something to work on...

8 hours ago, Matilda said:

Those who are in the associate for Elmhurst - is it only in Birmingham ? Or other centres ? I’ve been trying to investigate ! First time applying for a JA !

We have an audition tomorrow for elmhurst in Manchester x

• Like 1

We too are patiently waiting! I have a question and haven’t been able to see anything relating to it previously so maybe someone can help? It’s regarding 2nd choices! Do you find out with results of 2nd choice centre or with where you auditioned? My DD auditioned in Bath which was her first choice and we selected Eastleigh as second choice centre. So will we find out with the Bath results if she got her second choice? Thanks 👍

• Like 1

Hi twirlygirl

you will either get 

a no

a yes for 1st choice

a yes for second choice or

waiting list

if you get a yes for second choice centre I think they also give you an option to with accept second choice centre or to go on wait list for first choice. I don’t think you can accept 2nd choice and go on wait list

32 minutes ago, Twirlygirl09 said:

We too are patiently waiting! I have a question and haven’t been able to see anything relating to it previously so maybe someone can help? It’s regarding 2nd choices! Do you find out with results of 2nd choice centre or with where you auditioned? My DD auditioned in Bath which was her first choice and we selected Eastleigh as second choice centre. So will we find out with the Bath results if she got her second choice? Thanks 👍

Were the same. Bath 1st choice, Eastleigh 2nd, Birmingham 3rd. Doesn't look like we're gonna get Bath results till next week now 😢 good luck 🍀🤞

4 minutes ago, Taxidriver said:

Eeek.....I don't remember even putting any 2nd or 3rd choices down :o

11 minutes ago, Balletcat800 said:

Were the same. Bath 1st choice, Eastleigh 2nd, Birmingham 3rd. Doesn't look like we're gonna get Bath results till next week now 😢 good luck 🍀🤞

I don’t recall being given a 3rd choice? 🤔

11am - let the refreshing begin! 🤣

I just had to reset my password - moved on to something else and then had a heart attack when the reset email came with 'Ballet' in the title 😄 Oh please let the Eastleigh wait be over today! Oh and Leeds!  Good luck Eastleigh and Leeds DCs xx

• Like 1

On 13/06/2019 at 09:53, Balletmum2Many said:

So if DS auditioned in London for Eastleigh (we missed our Eastleigh audition🙈) what set of results can we expect to be in? Thank you!😊

Good luck to everyone today - rooting for each and every one of you!🌟

You’ll get your results with the London batch, hopefully next week. 

• Like 1

Waiting for Leeds places for going into year 4.   Not holding out much hope as got the  impression they wanted older girls and boys :(. Would be amazing as my eldest is at Northern and my little one really wants to get in to royal.  Good luck everyone 

Edited by Dancemomtogirls