RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

9 hours ago, Emma101 said:

Out of interest is anyone an associate and festival dancer? Do they allow time off for comps? 

Sorry am completely gatecrashing your thread, but well done to all the ‘yes’ so far and commiserations to the ‘no not yet’s. Just to say DS did three years of JAs also juggling festivals and being a cathedral chorister. We managed it and prioritised as best we could (sometimes with the tightest of logistics!) We were totally open and honest with everyone about where he was (I.e. he was never ‘sick’ unless he was actually ill). Luckily most comps he was in were around school holiday time and he didn’t actually miss much JAs at all. But he did get very tired. JAs is a long class, especially for the year 4s. In all honesty, it is not for everyone. But very much worth it for DS. Good luck to all still waiting for results xx

Edited by Wigglybunny
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge congratulations to the Yes families and much love to the No. I hope your DCs bounce back well and determined for trying again. Their No’s aren’t nevers, they truly mean it when they say “it can often be a just not yet”.we had our yes this year after SWL last. Stick with it xxx 

• Like 1

I have been reading this topic as it brings back so many memories and emotions. My DD is just about to finish her time as a JA and it really is a wonderful experience, don’t be sad if it’s a ‘not yet’ my DD got a no for yr 4, insisted on trying again and got a yes for yr 5 so it is worth persevering! They are all stars in my eyes anyway for putting themselves through an audition process at such a young age.  

Congratulations to the yes’ and enjoy making your lovely memories! Fingers crossed for all those still waiting to hear - I remember the dreaded email refresh so well, it really is torture x

• Like 5

Good Luck to everyone still waiting for results.  We are waiting to hear about a year 5 place at Totnes.  My DD audition was only a couple of weeks ago so we haven't had to wait long.  Well done to all the children who have received a yes so far and commiserations to everyone who has recived a no.  Hopefully we will find out our results this week.

• Like 1

I keep checking too! We are Leeds and I was really hoping that they might get through 3 days worth today to put an end to the waiting but not looking hopeful 🙈 I am expecting a no but just want to know now so we can forget about it (until next year!)

• Like 2

Hello everyone! First post but started lurking a bit last week, before getting a little obsessed refreshing for your news yesterday! 

Thought I had better register to say well done to all the lovely Yes DD and Boys and Nos too for their hard work and courage :) 

I as hoping to see the Manchester results coming in as DD auditioned at Eastleigh! Fingers crossed you get your results today I'd be twitching if DD was Manchester haha! I am a bit already anyway! Not expecting a yes, she's never had a ballet audition before, but just hoping to get the waiting over with asap! 

SUPER GOOD LUCK to everyone else still waiting! xx

(and hello to those that know me and are lurking too 🤣)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RaaRah’s Mum said:

Hello everyone! First post but started lurking a bit last week, before getting a little obsessed refreshing for your news yesterday! 

Thought I had better register to say well done to all the lovely Yes DD and Boys and Nos too for their hard work and courage :) 

I as hoping to see the Manchester results coming in as DD auditioned at Eastleigh! Fingers crossed you get your results today I'd be twitching if DD was Manchester haha! I am a bit already anyway! Not expecting a yes, she's never had a ballet audition before, but just hoping to get the waiting over with asap! 

SUPER GOOD LUCK to everyone else still waiting! xx

(and hello to those that know me and are lurking too 🤣)

I've certainly been twitchy all day! I'm starting to think it won't happen now but Birmingham results started late yesterday.

Good luck for you DD :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dancing Daisy said:

Good Luck to everyone still waiting for results.  We are waiting to hear about a year 5 place at Totnes.  My DD audition was only a couple of weeks ago so we haven't had to wait long.  Well done to all the children who have received a yes so far and commiserations to everyone who has recived a no.  Hopefully we will find out our results this week.

Hi @Dancing Daisy we are waiting for Totnes but a year 6 place. Hope you get the news you want and we don't have to wait too long!

17 minutes ago, Creakingstool said:

Manchester results are out and its a no for my DD :( I hope she isn't too disappointed when I tell her.

This was for a year 6 place. Good luck to everyone still waiting xx

Bless you, totally agree with RahRahs mum that the universe has amazing things coming her way. Xxx

@Emma101 I would guess tomorrow now but you never know, Birmingham came in late yesterday!

It is getting scarily close to Bath, I thought we still had a couple of weeks! Just want it over with now. 🙈

Edited by Spamcat