RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Astrid said:

We just had our result for y4 Birmingham (day 2) - it’s a no for us! But actually we all feel fine, DD not bothered in the least and it makes me feel a bit relieved that we don’t have to decide as we accepted elmhurst 🙃. Just feel happy we have an answer! good luck to everyone else!! xx

Oh really sorry to hear that, Astrid. But how wonderful that she has Elmhurst!! What a wonderful position to be in at the end of today xx

20 minutes ago, Astrid said:

We just had our result for y4 Birmingham (day 2) - it’s a no for us! But actually we all feel fine, DD not bothered in the least and it makes me feel a bit relieved that we don’t have to decide as we accepted elmhurst 🙃. Just feel happy we have an answer! good luck to everyone else!! xx

Really looking forward to catching up at Elmhurst @Astrid, DD loved it last week. I’m sure they’ll have great adventures there x

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fairydust said:

Really looking forward to catching up at Elmhurst @Astrid, DD loved it last week. I’m sure they’ll have great adventures there x

Looking forward to seeing you both on Saturday. My DD has already made up her mind she is staying at Elmhurst whatever the result!

Wow that’s all of bham done today then😬

Congrats to the yes’s and hope the no’s are ok 

any manchester people in here? Sounds like tomorrow for you hopefully!

Edited by Hazel
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, TinyNEDancer said:

Oh really sorry to hear that, Astrid. But how wonderful that she has Elmhurst!! What a wonderful position to be in at the end of today xx

Thanks so much @TinyNEDancer it’s been quite stressful all this waiting, feel relieved we can crack on! it does feel a bit sad, but we feel very fortunate anyway! I have had a lovely time on this forum to be honest! 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JJ700 said:

Aww congratulations to all the yes's!! Making me nervous for bath results now 🙈. Maybe not long if they're doing 2 centres in 1 day. 

We are waiting for Totnes 😱😱

Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone who has got a yes and commiserations to those with a no. We got a yes today for Birmingham year 5 for my DD and I feel totally clueless and google has led me here so hoping someone can help with some questions I have as the email confirmation is only talking about fees 😂

Does anyone know what time the class is based on previous years and how long the class is for? Also how the 24 sessions are worked out e.g how many times per term they go. 

I signed her up without knowing too much about it thinking there’s no way she’d get in 🤦🏼‍♀️

3 minutes ago, Klumsy said:

Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone who has got a yes and commiserations to those with a no. We got a yes today for Birmingham year 5 for my DD and I feel totally clueless and google has led me here so hoping someone can help with some questions I have as the email confirmation is only talking about fees 😂

Does anyone know what time the class is based on previous years and how long the class is for? Also how the 24 sessions are worked out e.g how many times per term they go. 

I signed her up without knowing too much about it thinking there’s no way she’d get in 🤦🏼‍♀️

Congratulations 😀

12 minutes ago, Emma101 said:

Eastleigh 

58 minutes ago, Emma101 said:

So nervous now. 

Hang in there, Emma. There are many of us here from the Eastleigh groups, all with about the same chance (not much, statistically). 

One way or another this will be over soon now. 

1 minute ago, Emma101 said:

Same year was you in group 5? 

DS was in group 4 but he said it didn't go well as he had problems with his shorts and wouldn't leave them alone. He stopped mid movement to sort them out on a couple of occasions. Doesn't stop hope creeping in though 😁

Definitely goes in centre order that’s why last year people thought the centre order had gone wrong but it was because people had auditioned in other earlier centres and got places in later centres. Not sure if that makes sense.

If you auditioned at Eastleigh for London and get a place (or don’t) you’ll find out the same time as the Eastleigh results come out as I understand it x

21 minutes ago, Klumsy said:

Congratulations xxxx 

Year 4/5 is a mixed year class with girls and boys from 12.45-3pm x

(Year 6 is girls and boys - 3.15-5.30pm)

These times are for the 24 sessions class (the other class runs slightly later if I recall)  ... and thats if it’s still the same as my dd is an MA now, but I think it is xx  

Once you accept the place you’ll get an email with a list of dates along with uniform list and a handbook within a week or two, but for info, the classes generally run term time with odd Saturdays off, and extended school holidays (so perhaps the Saturday before and after the school hols for example) xxx 

Edited by Balletmum55
Extra info

8 minutes ago, Balletmum55 said:

Congratulations xxxx 

Year 4/5 is a mixed year class with girls and boys from 12.45-3pm x

(Year 6 is girls and boys - 3.15-5.30pm)

These times are for the 24 sessions class (the other class runs slightly later if I recall)  ... and thats if it’s still the same as my dd is an MA now, but I think it is xx  

Once you accept the place you’ll get an email with a list of dates along with uniform list and a handbook within a week or two, but for info, the classes generally run term time with odd Saturdays off, and extended school holidays (so perhaps the Saturday before and after the school hols for example) xxx 

Thank you at least the class is at a reasonable time as we have an hour to travellers hope it’s the same this year! Xx

• Like 1

I think you are expected to prioritise the JAs, I know the girl in my daughters school  just does solos at festivals so that if there is a clash she just doesn’t do the festival and goes to JA- instead of potentially being in a position of letting down group /quartet dances etc. I know her mum was saying that no one misses the JA sessions!