RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Can't quite believe I'm writing this but DD just got a Yes for Eastleigh Year 6.....

Guess I'm posting this because I want to say if you get a No,  just keep going....we had a No last year.

It's also weird when you get actually get the Yes when you're so completely braced for a no.....it doesn't really sink in...3 hours after reading email and telling DD, I'm still a bit glazed and can't quite bring myself to tell the world yet...

Good luck people. What a journey!

Congratulations on your year 6 place at Eastleigh. 

It is a lovely group and teacher. We shall look forward to meeting you in September.

xx

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Balletmum2Many said:

I’m still here following all of your journeys!😊 LONDON3 feels like years a way at this rate!😩🤦🏻‍♀️

Agree, we are waiting for LONDON 1 Group 3! 🤢

Edited by Catlynn
Edit sentence
  • Like 1

Congratulations to all the yes’ and hugs to all the not yets 😘

This waiting has sure taken patience but so happy to finally get the email for Eastleigh yesterday....DS got a yes for a YR4 London place 😃So happy and proud of him ❤️

Whats the the difference between the offer of 32 places and 24 sessions ? I’m tempted to think that 32 sessions is given according to talent? Or would age come into play eg the younger ones might be offered 24 sessions? I’m just trying to wonder who they offer 32 sessions to and why and the same for 24 sessions.....probably overthinking it all 😊

xxx

• Like 4

Just now, ExBallerina said:

Whats the the difference between the offer of 32 places and 24 sessions ? I’m tempted to think that 32 sessions is given according to talent? Or would age come into play eg the younger ones might be offered 24 sessions? I’m just trying to wonder who they offer 32 sessions to and why and the same for 24 sessions.....probably overthinking it all 😊

xxx

Surely there's going to be an element of preference expressed by the parent.  If they have a very long distance to travel, other children, pre-existing extracurricular activities etc, surely some people will *want* a slightly lower time commitment?

We are waiting for the last London group... patiently patiently... 😉

In terms of the number of sessions @ExBallerina I think it's largely down to personal preference, if DD is lucky enough to get a place we will be travelling v far and we wouldn't want to do it every week. She also would be missing a whole day of normal Saturday classes at her own dance school so we definitely wouldn't want to do that (so have requested 24 sessions only). 

I have however read on here before that someone had asked for 24 sessions and was offered 32 as their DS had started late and RBS felt he needed to do more to catch up and get his strength up I believe.  

17 minutes ago, RuthE said:

Surely there's going to be an element of preference expressed by the parent.  If they have a very long distance to travel, other children, pre-existing extracurricular activities etc, surely some people will *want* a slightly lower time commitment?

When my DD was offered a year 6 place at Birmingham they offered 24 sessions.   I requested 24 or 32 when applying, when we received the result I emailed RBS and said that if there were spaces on the 32 class we were happy to take it, and they moved her across straight away as there was a space.

I don't think its comes down to talent or travel etc, I think it probably just how the administrators allocate it.

Good Luck to everyone. 

• Like 1

Thank you all, will just be glad for the waiting to be over now! Resigned to the fact that it will be a no as my dd just doesn't have the flexibility at present but she is working hard at it so I am sure we will be back here next year, at least I will be prepared for the wait - I honestly expected the results last week, they are really not quick about it are they?! xx

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ExBallerina said:

Congratulations to all the yes’ and hugs to all the not yets 😘

This waiting has sure taken patience but so happy to finally get the email for Eastleigh yesterday....DS got a yes for a YR4 London place 😃So happy and proud of him ❤️

xxx

Congratulations to you and your DS @ExBallerina Can I ask when his birthday is? My son has also auditioned but he is not 8 until August! From what I’ve read on here they take young age into consideration and this may go against him? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hi All

Not posted on here before.

My son is currently a London JA. 

Just received an email from them inviting us to watch his last class of the term, but with the following comment. “Apologies if you have received this email before, we are having issues sending emails through our new data base. Please see below what was emailed out yesterday.”

Might explain the delay in some of your results. Good Luck to everybody still waiting!  🍀

Edited by Keyben
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Winging it said:

My son has also auditioned but he is not 8 until August! From what I’ve read on here they take young age into consideration and this may go against him? 🤷🏼‍♀️

I am hoping age doesn't go against them as I also have an August born yr 4. Surely if they are the youngest but are really good this is a positive and they will stand out? I might be being too optimistic! We will find out soon if either of our August babies get a place. 🤞 Good luck!

16 minutes ago, Winging it said:

Congratulations to you and your DS @ExBallerina Can I ask when his birthday is? My son has also auditioned but he is not 8 until August! From what I’ve read on here they take young age into consideration and this may go against him? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thank you 😊 His birthday is 14th June ...I was worried that being younger might affect him but it seems not so don’t worry, I don’t being being one of the youngest is detrimental xx

11 minutes ago, Keyben said:

Hi All

Not posted on here before.

My son is currently a London JA. 

Just received an email from them inviting us to watch his last class of the term, but with the following comment. “Apologies if you have received this email before, we are having issues sending emails through our new data base. Please see below what was emailed out yesterday.”

Might explain the delay in some of your results. Good Luck to everybody still waiting!  🍀

42 minutes ago, tired dance mummy said:

When my DD was offered a year 6 place at Birmingham they offered 24 sessions.   I requested 24 or 32 when applying, when we received the result I emailed RBS and said that if there were spaces on the 32 class we were happy to take it, and they moved her across straight away as there was a space.

I don't think its comes down to talent or travel etc, I think it probably just how the administrators allocate it.

Good Luck to everyone. 

Ah that’s good to know, thanks xx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luna said:

Leeds results are out! It is a no for my dd as expected but fingers crossed for some yeses today xxx

Sorry for your No Luna. Glad some more results are coming out though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ExBallerina said:

Thank you 😊 His birthday is 14th June ...I was worried that being younger might affect him but it seems not so don’t worry, I don’t being being one of the youngest is detrimental xx

Thank you 😊

Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻 But he’s young enough to try again next year. Xx

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

I am hoping age doesn't go against them as I also have an August born yr 4. Surely if they are the youngest but are really good this is a positive and they will stand out? I might be being too optimistic! We will find out soon if either of our August babies get a place. 🤞 Good luck!

Did you audition at London @Spamcat? Girl or boy? 😊

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Luna said:

Leeds results are out! It is a no for my dd as expected but fingers crossed for some yeses today xxx

Sorry Luna - my dd has had 2 no’s for year 4 and 5, but will not be deterred and now we wait for our 3rd no for year 6 😂 I actually think it does them good to deal with something like this, you have to get used to getting rejections in this line of work!

• Like 1

@Sally-Anne good luck to your dd, perseverance will hopefully pay off. I agree it is good to experience rejection, my dd had done 2 auditions before this and got a yes for both so think it is important she realises it is not always that easy! xx

• Like 3

Well done to all the Yes’s and hugs to all the not yet’s 🤗. Patiently waiting for London 3 group 2.....not sure my nerves can take watching all these results come in. 😫Good luck to all still waiting.

Edited by Shari
  • Like 1