Royal Ballet Summer School.

Miracle

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, same for my dd- but for week 2. She got a place last year, but i think she'll still be chuffed. No for WL finals,, (but year8) just have to wait for april now for mids, and that elusive SS place!!

Well done everyone with happy results, keep on trying to those with less than favourable results!!!

????

• Like 2

Hi - thanks to others confirming they got the same wording....it did feel confusing last year as we all tried to work out if we were higher or lower in the pecking order :wacko: !

Wonder if it was just whether it was CG or WL or even different age groups/genders or actually just more than one email template letter was used & actually it was just one list with any free places being offered in same way as mentioned in the email this year!

Well done to those who get the magical YES! & well done & lets try not to get too hung up on it to us wait list families!

Hello everyone. I've not been brave enough to post before, but ds has just got a yes for white lodge week 1!!! So excited and proud I could burst, but am on my first day of a masters course with a whole bunch of strangers so I can't tell anyone. (I'm not sure they'd 'get it' even if I did!)

Well done to everyone who has places/wait list and I hope those who don't have places don't feel too bad. And a massive thank you to everyone on the forum who has unknowingly answered all my unasked questions and kept me sane so far!

• Like 11

Something a little odd is going on - I've now had 3 emails for WL SS for my daughter, all placing her on the waiting list which is absolutely fine.  But the third one had the words "CORRECT RESULT" in the subject line but it was exactly the same email as the first two!  Anyone else had multiple emails through or is it just me??

Congratulations to those who've been accepted!  And well done also to those offered waiting list.  My DD was also offered a position on the waiting list for WL week 2 :)   

Wait list for CG here too. Never expected to get a place, was really just testing the theory that all those at voc school get wait list. Any opinions?

We are in Australia so things are a little bit different here but my DD doesn't go to a full-time school.  She just does ballet 2 nights per week & Saturdays.  Sorry to blow your theory lol

Wait list for CG here too. Never expected to get a place, was really just testing the theory that all those at voc school get wait list. Any opinions?

I think it could be right A4D , it has been said to me that all apply from vocational school if they don't receive an outright place are put on the waiting list .

This is DDs 5th time on the wait list . The first year I felt she was too young to go so didn't apply . It was a no for yr6 then 5 years in a row on wait list and she is vocational so that would tie in with the theory .

Well done to all with a yes !!

• Like 1

2 of my students both Royal JAs have been offered waiting list for week 2. One got 3 separate emails all different, very confusing!

Not sure how to feel for them, as they've both auditioned for MAs this time and one for year 7 white lodge.

Hi I'm glad to know that we aren't the only ones who don't have the summer school result.  We seem to be the only ones that we know that didn't get the result on Friday when everyone else did!  My dd has been so upset about this and I'm going to have to phone tomorrow as we had been told that the results would be out by 30th Jan and I think they might have forgotton us!

Hi

New member to this forum and my first post.

The suspense killed me and no we didn't find out Friday but I got the email today at 2pm.

I really wish you lots of luck I would presume no's and waiting lists are first ??as it would be un professional the other way round as word would probably spread quick ?? I  have everything crossed for you if you've still not heard !! No news is good news they say xx

Totally unexpected for us and I can only think as some of the forums read they really must go off photos !!!???

as our main back ground in dance is Irish dancing and my son has only been training ballet serious since April!!! we also only sent in the application 23.50pm before the midnight deadline with totally unprofessional photos on my iPhone  maybe my 10 yr old son knows more than I think about how to stand?

I haven't got a clue.

Anyone out there know how many apply?

How many places there are?

Good luck to anyone still waiting bless you xx

and all my love to the 'no's'

• Like 2