Royal Ballet Summer School.

Miracle

It's already the middle of the day on the 1st here in Australia.  I hate having to wait for London to catch up before I can receive my email ;)  

I wonder what time they will be sent?  If they send them first thing in the morning, we will receive it before I go to bed tonight.  Otherwise I can wake up in the morning & read everyone's news, including our own :) 

• Like 1

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's already the middle of the day on the 1st here in Australia.  I hate having to wait for London to catch up before I can receive my email ;)  

I wonder what time they will be sent?  If they send them first thing in the morning, we will receive it before I go to bed tonight.  Otherwise I can wake up in the morning & read everyone's news, including our own :)

Best of luck! Hope that you will get your results soon! 

• Like 1

We are in the reverse situation. It is 10pm on the 31st here in the US. Of course we would love to hear (good) news before we go to bed but it's only 6AM in London. Clearly no one is there yet to press that 'Send' key!

I wish you all the very best of luck!

• Like 1

No, the first year my daughter applied with two hours of ballet a week, she got a straight no. Last year with more hours and an audition she got Priority Wait List. This year I am just hoping she doesn't go back to "no" and gets a waitlist or the ultimate dream for her, an actual place, though not thinking of that one as a huge possibility!

• Like 3

No Dancing 10...  In DD's year 1 of applying ended with a NO email, year 2 got Wait List.....so....here's hoping for third time lucky!!!!

& for those on wait list.....fingers crossed a place frees up (it didn't for DD last year but hey ho....a wait list place still felt like a step in the right direction!)

• Like 2

We felt that Wait List was a definite achievement.....esp. when you see that a very high % of attendees at RBS SS are from overseas....I think that logically most on wait list will probably be UK based as they would be most likely able to take up any last minute available place.

Have pondered on whether actually when Summer Schools are advertised as International, if we UK based families might actually be better to apply overseas to be an International Student there....but funds/family support makes this an unlikely option for us.....

• Like 1

Got the email one hour ago: waiting list for Covent Garden.

But it is different with respect to last year: they had priority and selected waiting lists (my DD ended up in selected waiting list), now it seems there is just one waiting list, and they say there is no set order to the waiting list, if a student declines their place, they will review all the applications in that category (e.g male/female/age group) to offer the place to an appropriate candidate.

In the email they say that they had 1680 applications and 350 places available: do you know if 350 is white lodge +covent garden or just covent garden?

Oh.....here we are again....... "Mr Mark Annear, Head of Outreach and Access, would like to offer a place on the waiting list for the White Lodge Week 1 course."

Another year of fingers & toes crossing & desperately trying to steer husband away from wanting to book family holiday for that week!!   :unsure:

Out of interest, is this the wording everyone gets for WL wait list? I have heard various terms being used last year on Forum such as 'Select Wait List'.... 'Priority Wait List....' 'Director's Wait List'....

Be good to know if it is all one & the same!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting.....& proud my DD got the wait list....again! :D

• Like 2