White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all of the dc making it to finals in these unusual times, such fabulous news.

@Lara Eschler my dd is in the workshop with your ds at the moment and I was so excited when he shared the news after the lunch break!! If you heard a very excited mum shouting congratulations in the background, that was me😆 X

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PurplePirouette said:

Congratulations to all of the dc making it to finals in these unusual times, such fabulous news.

@Lara Eschler my dd is in the workshop with your ds at the moment and I was so excited when he shared the news after the lunch break!! If you heard a very excited mum shouting congratulations in the background, that was me😆 X

Thank you  ever so much @PurplePirouette, are our dc in the Saturday class together at YDA? Xx

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Wow there’s a lot of good news! It looks like everybody has had a yes?! 

Not everyone, I know of a couple who sadly got a “ not yet”. Not everyone is on Ballet forum and more are likely to

post about yeses than no’s. Our children are all very lucky xxx

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Not everyone, I know of a couple who sadly got a “ not yet”. Not everyone is on Ballet forum and more are likely to

post about yeses than no’s. Our children are all very lucky xxx

Oh yes absolutely, it’s just that in previous years it seems like there’s been more of a mix of yeses and no’s posted on here whereas so far today we have just got yes. Don’t get me wrong, I think that’s fabulous! x

• Like 1

Just now, Bunny said:

Oh yes absolutely, it’s just that in previous years it seems like there’s been more of a mix of yeses and no’s posted on here whereas so far today we have just got yes. Don’t get me wrong, I think that’s fabulous! x

Oh yes I know what you mean and I’m quite surprised by all the yeses, not that I’m complaining of course 😆😆

6 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Oh yes I know what you mean and I’m quite surprised by all the yeses, not that I’m complaining of course 😆😆

I'm surprised too...do you think they have taken more to finals this year? Lovely to see so many yeses though! X 

Big congratulations to everyone. I went through all of these emotions last year with my ds who made it to finals for year 8 but didn’t get a place. We decided to give it a miss this year due to all these restrictions. Very best of luck for the finals guys. 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 2

Congratulations to all those who have been offered finals places.  It does seem like a lot this year, but I think we have a particularly active cohort of Year 7 and 8 parents this year :)

So sorry for those who haven't been offered a final audition.  That was my dd every year for RBS. (She kept trying though!)

• Like 7

We had a yes too, definitely did not expect it. I heard there were fewer places for finals this year due to covid restrictions - who knows!

What are the odds at this stage? Is it like academic secondary schools, who typically invite 2 children to interview for every one place they offer? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Medora said:

We had a yes too, definitely did not expect it. I heard there were fewer places for finals this year due to covid restrictions - who knows!

What are the odds at this stage? Is it like academic secondary schools, who typically invite 2 children to interview for every one place they offer? 

Last year there was about 75 girls there.....for 14 places!

Elmhurst is slightly different in that they don't have a set number for boys and girls.....they take who they like, and thre might not be an even split. This year its nearly equal, but there are some older years with very few boys.

Edited by sunrise81
  • Like 1

Odds are generally around 1:5/1:6 at year 7 finals although those stats are misleading in my opinion: if you’ve got what they’re looking for, your odds are 1:1 and if you don’t, they’re zero, and there’s very little you can do about it (you were either born with the body they’re looking for, or you weren’t). 

However more places were given out for finals this year if our JA cohort is anything to go by...

Well done to all those offered finals, an amazing achievement.  Sorry for the not yet - hope your DC are ok.

Just wondered if anyone knows what will happen to those that just applied for MA.  I'm wondering if my DD will be at a disadvantage as we only applied for MA.  For various reasons we decided against applying for full time training.  My DD was SWL for Year 6 last year, but nothing came of it.  I'm now kicking myself why didn't we just apply for both.  Does anyone think MA applicants will get called for associate finals??  Is that even a thing? Will those that go to WL finals be more likely to get offered MA over those that just applied for MA.  I really feel like we didn't think this through properly and have put her at a disadvantage.