White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

On 16/02/2021 at 23:10, Bunny said:

I daren’t book my DS’s appointment for an LF test yet as it says within 48 hours of the final audition, so I didn’t want to risk booking it for the 10th at say 1pm and then finding out his time slot is the 12th at 3pm or something and it being out of the 48hr period! I did consider booking one for as late as possible on the 10th but if he then gets a morning slot on the 11th it would need to be done earlier as we’d have to travel to London on the evening of the 10th so for us it’s impossible to book until we know his timeslot. Hope we find out soon!

Tricky isn't it? I think they won't make a final list of times until after Boris's announcement about schools on the 22nd. All the dates might have to be pushed back anyway...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/02/2021 at 23:10, Bunny said:

I daren’t book my DS’s appointment for an LF test yet as it says within 48 hours of the final audition, so I didn’t want to risk booking it for the 10th at say 1pm and then finding out his time slot is the 12th at 3pm or something and it being out of the 48hr period! I did consider booking one for as late as possible on the 10th but if he then gets a morning slot on the 11th it would need to be done earlier as we’d have to travel to London on the evening of the 10th so for us it’s impossible to book until we know his timeslot. Hope we find out soon!

it is complicated but when you got the test results it just says the date on it not the time the sample was taken. I assume they will go by date rather than exact hour. If you live somewhere where they offer it for free, you could book it and then it does give the option of cancelling or changing the slot. 

18 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

So for finals regarding boys... I’m assuming they don’t have to wear their JA uniform and can wear any leotard and shorts? Thoughts? 

Yes, they can wear anything but I think we are sticking to the JA uniform for consistency and it is similar to the year 7 uniform I think. 

3 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Yes, they can wear anything but I think we are sticking to the JA uniform for consistency and it is similar to the year 7 uniform I think. 

Yes, not a lot of choice out there for boys.. my ds wore white Leo and black shirts for the video so will either wear that or JA.. though he hates the shorts!! 🤣🤣

Hi @Bunny I'm a volunteer at a local lateral flow test programme and I can confirm that there's no time on your result. We do record the time the test is done - largely because the result has to be read at a specific time after it's been started - but when you get the result it just says "your test taken on X date". 

The way it works is that you are given a card at the test centre with a barcode that relates to your specific test and a code number for the test centre. When you get home you need to create an account via the website (you should be given a letter with instructions at the test centre) and enter the codes. Then you get a text or email later with the result. Mine usually takes a few hours to come through but I guess it may vary from place to place.

For what it's worth, it is a very straightforward process and I've found the results service very efficient. (Volunteers have to be tested regularly themselves.)

Good luck with everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The red shoes said:

So for finals regarding boys... I’m assuming they don’t have to wear their JA uniform and can wear any leotard and shorts? Thoughts? 

They dont but I would advise it. Shorts show off their legs and the scoop neck means they can see their neckline easily etc . The whole outfit lends to showcasing the body which is what you need 

• Like 1

I've been emailing rbs about the lateral flow tests as they do not do them in Wales... You can buy them online (some are reputable e.g mhra approved/from bupa) however rbs have said to us they cannot be home tests...you need to book somewhere for them. Unfortunately you can't book any lateral flow round here even privately so we are going to have to get the rapid antigen...which is more expensive Unfortunately x 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

I've been emailing rbs about the lateral flow tests as they do not do them in Wales... You can buy them online (some are reputable e.g mhra approved/from bupa) however rbs have said to us they cannot be home tests...you need to book somewhere for them. Unfortunately you can't book any lateral flow round here even privately so we are going to have to get the rapid antigen...which is more expensive Unfortunately x 

That's too bad. xx

2 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Just emailed RBS too. They said that if my DCs school have testing (which I know they do for staff) and will do one which is officially logged, then they will accept that as a result. Don't know if this helps, but this is the route I'm going down when DSs school is open on Monday! Good luck finding a solution...x

2 hours ago, Raquelle said:

I emailed RBS today as our council is refusing to test my daughter via community testing as she’s under 16.  I  had already contacted our local secondary school as kids have twice weekly tests which are logged and you get an email and text result it’s through the government website. The school have confirmed they are happy to do the test.   RBS confirmed they are happy with an email or text from this system.  I would check with a local secondary school.  

• Like 1

Thanks for all the information guys and for posting your experiences it’s so helpful. I’ve booked my DS’s Covid test for the 10th but do have the option of moving it to the 11th if we need to. I think I’m going to email RBS tomorrow just to see if they have a rough idea of when we will know their timeslots so that we can arrange childcare etc for other children and overnight stays etc x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raquelle said:

I would suggest look around rbs local places in Richmond or Kingston area (some local pharmacies are offering) and arrange a test there day before her audition.  There  are few places around (look at Richmond or Kingston council websites) and as this is for educational purposes it really does not matter if it is close to home or nearby future school. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The red shoes said:

Out council won’t do the LFT if you are under 16 and don’t fall under the categories published.

Tempted to just book a normal Covid test two days before and pretend he has symptoms to get the test. Only risk with that is suppose results don’t come back in time 

I have spent an hour on the phone to 119 tonight trying to work out what to do and questions about how it all works.  The official results RBS are asking for only come from government issued tests which are those undertaken by the nhs, testing centres schools etc.  Results from these tests can then be entered on line.  A large proportion of community testing centres will give tests to under 16s.  But others like mine and yours won’t.  A private test brought online and taken at home won’t give us the email or text RBS require.   As you won’t get the bar code needed to get the email back.  Definitely try your local secondary school my dd primary doesn’t do the tests but the secondary school has agreed to test her.  I did think about a pcr when discussing with the people on 119 tonight but they said don’t unless it is a last resort as what happens if the results are late or void!  At least with lateral flow you can do another test if the result email doesn’t come through within a hour after submitting results.   This is way to stressful I am so glad I’ve looked into it this week and not left it to the last minute. 

Edited by Ballet Dreams

5 hours ago, Bunny said:

Thanks for all the information guys and for posting your experiences it’s so helpful. I’ve booked my DS’s Covid test for the 10th but do have the option of moving it to the 11th if we need to. I think I’m going to email RBS tomorrow just to see if they have a rough idea of when we will know their timeslots so that we can arrange childcare etc for other children and overnight stays etc x

When you booked it did you tell them he is under 16 and not eligible as doesn’t fall under key worker? If do what was their response? 

Hi I’m new to the forum, my daughter is through to the final at White Lodge. I am here because of the issue I am also having with sorting a lateral flow test. I’ve been on the phone to 119, my GP and sent my husband to local rapid test centres. I haven’t got anywhere. He’s spoke to the department of education and they have confirmed these tests are not being done in primary schools and the gov website says they should not be done on primary school age. So technically a high school shouldn’t be doing it. When I rang RBS they said they would accept a PCR test but there’s no guarantee it would come back in time it can take up to 48 hours. Desperate to sort an answer. Just glad I started looking into this now. 

Edited by Weloveballet
  • Like 2

I also rang Royal Ballet School, they didn’t seem to have a solution. They said just to ask school next week when they are back. If not they would accept a PCR but as I say that’s extremely risky with timing. I suggest the more people that contact them logging a problem the better. I didn’t have to give my name or anything just spoke to them generally. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The red shoes said:

When you booked it did you tell them he is under 16 and not eligible as doesn’t fall under key worker? If do what was their response? 

No, they do not ask for age. Once you get there an adult would input all the details from a phone. So I am worried it won't work now. Thinking of booking ds for today and see, as it is hard to get through anyone on the phone. 

19 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

I also rang Royal Ballet School, they didn’t seem to have a solution. They said just to ask school next week when they are back. If not they would accept a PCR but as I say that’s extremely risky with timing. I suggest the more people that contact them logging a problem the better. I didn’t have to give my name or anything just spoke to them generally. 

20 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

Which number did you ring? I will contact them also. 

3 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

No, they do not ask for age. Once you get there an adult would input all the details from a phone. So I am worried it won't work now. Thinking of booking ds for today and see, as it is hard to get through anyone on the phone. 

my husband called in at a test centre yday and they said they can’t do under 18. Let us know how you get on and if you have any success. 

4 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

4 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

my husband called in at a test centre yday and they said they can’t do under 18. Let us know how you get on and if you have any success. 

4 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I think the more people that contact them the better. I think what they are asking is pretty difficult. It seems to be reliant on discretion of a high school. I think if there going to ask this of us they should have a clear route answer of what we need to do it’s   +44(0)20 7845 7062

Edited by Weloveballet

1 minute ago, Weloveballet said:

I think the more people that contact them the better. I think what they are asking is pretty difficult. It seems to be reliant on discretion of a high school. I think if there going to ask this of us they should have a clear route answer of what we need to do it’s   +44(0)20 7845 7062

Thank-You so much, I will ring. In my opinion, they should test on the audition day and provide them on site, the result would be a better indicator of whether someone is infectious at that time. 

2 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Thank-You so much, I will ring. In my opinion, they should test on the audition day and provide them on site, the result would be a better indicator of whether someone is infectious at that time. 

I agree, they said they have them there on the phone. The only issue then I guess is a journey there to be turned away but I’d much rather do that and take the risk than the uncertainty with sorting this. Maybe if enough people log problems they will have to offer this as a back up 

8 hours ago, The red shoes said:

No, our council are running the mass testing scheme for all residents irrespective of key worker status so he definitely is eligible to be tested. The only stipulation is that being under 16 he needs to have an adult present with him, and obviously I will be there on the day.

53 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

I agree, they said they have them there on the phone. The only issue then I guess is a journey there to be turned away but I’d much rather do that and take the risk than the uncertainty with sorting this. Maybe if enough people log problems they will have to offer this as a back up 

Hi All

this is such a difficult problem all round. There is a similar, but different, problem with Spring Intensives where PCR tests are the requirement (they are not allowing LFT - asked).

The Spring Intensive is just after Easter days and so it is not actually possible to have the PCR test and get results within the timeframe allowed before registration day.

This is such a shame as I could have arranged a LFT the morning of registration i.e. a negative test result (hopefully) the morning of entering WL but this isn't what is required.

Somethings that you might need to consider in your discussions with WL:

I work in a 'through' school and actually administer the LFT - we are allowed to test students in Y7 and above.

The logistics of LFT are difficult to manage - it would be hard work to test many young people on the day, especially whilst arranging auditions. 

Pupils would need to take the test in isolation and wait 30 minutes or more likely 2 hours (for result o come through the system) also in isolation e.g. in car. WL could not afford to allow 'contacts' in case there was a positive result on site - this would result in the closure of any affected 'Bubble' at least. PHE  might well close the whole process as a precaution. It is likely that this is all within WL Risk Assessments that will have been signed off to ensure that they can go forward in an agreed manner.

Covid has not been anyone's friend here!

Best of luck everyone and I keep reading in the hope of solutions.

• Like 1

This is the information on our council’s online booking system so every area is different. To those who are struggling with a test perhaps RBS will offer the option of testing on the day as a last resort if you call to ask? For us it’s a 5 hour drive to WL so much better for us to take his test beforehand rather than face a ten hour round trip plus overnight hotel costs etc for him to end up not being allowed to audition.

8639660A-00A5-45E1-AD8C-0293E79777F9.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bunny said:

This is the information on our council’s online booking system so every area is different. To those who are struggling with a test perhaps RBS will offer the option of testing on the day as a last resort if you call to ask? For us it’s a 5 hour drive to WL so much better for us to take his test beforehand rather than face a ten hour round trip plus overnight hotel costs etc for him to end up not being allowed to audition.

8639660A-00A5-45E1-AD8C-0293E79777F9.jpeg

I’m also around 5 hours away I may have to look into if I can travel to another area to get a test and whether that will be allowed. Thanks for the information. 

13 minutes ago, balletboy8 said:

Hi All

this is such a difficult problem all round. There is a similar, but different, problem with Spring Intensives where PCR tests are the requirement (they are not allowing LFT - asked).

The Spring Intensive is just after Easter days and so it is not actually possible to have the PCR test and get results within the timeframe allowed before registration day.

This is such a shame as I could have arranged a LFT the morning of registration i.e. a negative test result (hopefully) the morning of entering WL but this isn't what is required.

Somethings that you might need to consider in your discussions with WL:

I work in a 'through' school and actually administer the LFT - we are allowed to test students in Y7 and above.

The logistics of LFT are difficult to manage - it would be hard work to test many young people on the day, especially whilst arranging auditions. 

Pupils would need to take the test in isolation and wait 30 minutes or more likely 2 hours (for result o come through the system) also in isolation e.g. in car. WL could not afford to allow 'contacts' in case there was a positive result on site - this would result in the closure of any affected 'Bubble' at least. PHE  might well close the whole process as a precaution. It is likely that this is all within WL Risk Assessments that will have been signed off to ensure that they can go forward in an agreed manner.

Covid has not been anyone's friend here!

Best of luck everyone and I keep reading in the hope of solutions.

Thank you for this information, that’s useful to know. It’s one big headache all around! 

1 hour ago, Weloveballet said:

When I called 119 yesterday they also said it should be the school testing the children not us trying to find the lateral flow tests. I really hope they do something about it although a private pcr test would also be difficult for us to arrange as it would mean I would need to renew my DD passport. 

• Like 1