White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

1 minute ago, Medora said:

And the same question for the WL finals: how confident can a JA be that they will be invited for the finals if they apply? Is it more or less a given?

Again, no guarantees. It was an unusually large group from DD’s class that made it to finals, but still only just over 1/3. Not linked to how long they had been a JA either, so some of the children that had been in the class since Year 4 didn’t make finals, while some that only joined in Year 6 did. The only thing you can be sure of, is that doing the daily exercises that are set and working hard in class helps to boost a child’s chances compared to the same child without that help!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Medora said:

And the same question for the WL finals: how confident can a JA be that they will be invited for the finals if they apply? Is it more or less a given?

My DD surprisingly made it to finals without being a JA but I heard that some JAS didn’t. It seems so hard to guess what they are looking for. Think it’s just a case of keep trying by the sounds of it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2021 at 04:54, The red shoes said:

Our JA teacher said it would be a long wait still when she was asked on Sunday. Well into the summer term 

The results for those UK students who could not audition in person and had to participate by Zoom with the international students haven’t come out yet, so I suspect no MA news until after that happens

18 hours ago, BalletPapa said:

The results for those UK students who could not audition in person and had to participate by Zoom with the international students haven’t come out yet, so I suspect no MA news until after that happens

Hope you hear news soon! Good luck to all waiting