White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

On 19/02/2021 at 17:26, BalletBoyMumma said:

Ones for essential workers (a friend offered us a spare as well) - apparently you register it online, take the test, submit the result along with your NHS number and info and you get a text and email back afterwards. But I’m none the wiser either tbh (sorry! :() just going by what I’ve been told. 
Hoping to try one and see what happens. 

The advisor on 119 explained every local authority is responsible for their own areas lateral flow testing, there’s been no National roll out or government advice on how it should be carried out, hence it varying so much.
We have no LF test centres here, and no testing of students in schools, only staff (which most do at home). 

thats brilliant thank you so much for the info 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to confirm, I’m not sure if I’ve read the email correctly, for girls year 7 intake auditions it will be a session either on Fri, Sat or Sunday and not all 3? As the email says Friday, Saturday and Sunday not or Sunday. If I’m incorrect and it is all 3 where would you be able to book a hotel? 

Edited by Weloveballet

Just now, Weloveballet said:

Just to confirm, I’m not sure if I’ve read the email correctly, for girls year 7 intake auditions it will be a session either on Fri, Sat or Sunday and not all 3? As the email says Friday, Saturday and Sunday not or. If I’m incorrect and it is all 3 where would you be able to book a hotel? 

My understanding is that it will spread over those 3 days as there will be a good 70+ girls. I’m sure they will confirm soon exact day/ time for your child. I think they are all waiting on Monday’s announcement first to check schools deffo can open xx 

1 minute ago, Weloveballet said:

Just to confirm, I’m not sure if I’ve read the email correctly, for girls year 7 intake auditions it will be a session either on Fri, Sat or Sunday and not all 3? As the email says Friday, Saturday and Sunday not or Sunday. If I’m incorrect and it is all 3 where would you be able to book a hotel? 

I read it as your DD will attend one session on either the Friday, Saturday or Sunday not all three.  So either an AM or PM on one of those three days as they are seeing them in small groups. 

5 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

My understanding is that it will spread over those 3 days as there will be a good 70+ girls. I’m sure they will confirm soon exact day/ time for your child. I think they are all waiting on Monday’s announcement first to check schools deffo can open xx 

yes that’s how I read it too. I though so with social distancing but just re read the email before and thought I best check 😀 thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

I read it as your DD will attend one session on either the Friday, Saturday or Sunday not all three.  So either an AM or PM on one of those three days as they are seeing them in small groups. 

Yes that’s how I’d read it too! Just re read the email before and thought I best check with it saying ‘and’ it makes sense with the social distancing. 

On 19/02/2021 at 09:56, Bunny said:

Do you know what I absolutely think the same, especially if your child is already a JA, they will have seen enough of them to know if they want them or not. I suppose the only issue is the physio assessment really for the ones who didn’t have this as a JA or are not JA’s.

I think this too. If they don’t know after seeing a child in JA’s then you wonder what an on-site audition will tell them. Presumably JA teachers have been contacted for feedback and that plus video must give a lot of information. 

Although having said that, I do wonder why they (seem to have) taken so many through to finals this year. Surely JA feedback could have narrowed it down more...

4 minutes ago, Whiteduvet said:

I think this too. If they don’t know after seeing a child in JA’s then you wonder what an on-site audition will tell them. Presumably JA teachers have been contacted for feedback and that plus video must give a lot of information. 

Although having said that, I do wonder why they (seem to have) taken so many through to finals this year. Surely JA feedback could have narrowed it down more...

The WL audition panel have never seen this kids until their videos. It’s the WL faculty who sit on the panel and do the interviews. From speaking to many who’ve worked at WL and other teachers who have had students there and in the company, JA teachers have little to no input in the decision making. 
The faculty will know from watching the videos who they have their eye on for sure 

• Like 1

I am just curious but do we think all JAs who applied have been invited to finals? It is hard to speculate how many have been invited to finals just from this forum, but does anyone know of any JAs who have not? I think 30 boys went to finals last year and 15 joined? There are still holding just one day for the boys final though they said they need to have small groups due to Covid?  

Edited by Lara Eschler

3 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I am just curious but do we think all JAs who applied have been invited to finals? It is hard to speculate how many have been invited to finals just from this forum, but does anyone know of any JAs who have not? I think 30 boys went to finals last year and 15 joined? There are still holding just one day for the boys final though they said they need to have small groups due to Covid?  

I think it will be 15 in each group audition as this is what we need to stick to as teachers for a dance class bubble for children so I think they’ve probably taken through about 30 again ( maybe less).

i think last year they took 12 boys and 12 girls .

i know of 2 JA’s from Birmingham who didn’t get through to finals - both girls 

43 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

The WL audition panel have never seen this kids until their videos. It’s the WL faculty who sit on the panel and do the interviews. From speaking to many who’ve worked at WL and other teachers who have had students there and in the company, JA teachers have little to no input in the decision making. 
The faculty will know from watching the videos who they have their eye on for sure 

Interesting. Seems a bit of a waste of a source of useful information about some of the candidates: work ethic etc. 

8 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I believe almost all of our JA group have been (girls and boys). 

50 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Although there are several JA centres around England I don't believe there are any in Wales or Sotland.  Lots of people may not be able to commit to attending JA classes regularly either, so there is a pool of young dancers who have not been seen before by RBS.  

We travelled from North Wales to Manchester every week for 3 years and only missed 1 class in all that time because dd was ill and that was travelling on a Friday or a Sunday each week, missing school in a Friday to attend. We travelled thru blizzards to attend one winter because dd didn’t want to miss her classes 💗

Edited by Dancing unicorn
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

I think it will be 15 in each group audition as this is what we need to stick to as teachers for a dance class bubble for children so I think they’ve probably taken through about 30 again ( maybe less).

i think last year they took 12 boys and 12 girls .

i know of 2 JA’s from Birmingham who didn’t get through to finals - both girls 

I know of one boy JA who sadly did not make it to finals this time round 🤨

1 hour ago, The red shoes said:

Mark Annear has visited our JA centre at least once, it might actually have been twice, last academic year, so has definitely seen some of the children who have got through to finals already.

1 minute ago, Bunny said:

Mark Annear has visited our JA centre at least once, it might actually have been twice, last academic year, so has definitely seen some of the children who have got through to finals already.

He definitely hasn’t visited Birmingham and we have quite a few through ... 

30 minutes ago, Dancing unicorn said:

We travelled from North Wales to Manchester every week for 3 years and only missed 1 class in all that time because dd was ill and that was travelling on a Friday or a Sunday each week, missing school in a Friday to attend. We travelled thru blizzards to attend one winter because dd didn’t want to miss her classes 💗

Believe there is one in Dundee but admittedly not many 🙂

4 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

He definitely hasn’t visited Birmingham and we have quite a few through ... 

His visit wasn’t in relation to WL auditions, he just came for a visit. I believe it was very late 2019 he came to our centre. But some children who were there then are now in Y6 and are through to finals, so he will have seen them before. Whether he remembers them is a different matter entirely, ha! x

Edited by Bunny

I'm sure there are people with DCs through to WL finals who have never been JAs (for whatever reason) not to mention international applicants..they surely have to start with fresh eyes when watching all the videos otherwise it would only be JAs who ever got in. Therefore asking JA teachers for feedback would give info only on some candidates..I'd hope WL wouldn't seek that information therefore, to give equal chance to all..but who knows? Just a thought! Put more positively, anyone through to WL finals has done well, and it's all still to play for!

Edited by TwirlyWhirly

27 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

I'm sure there are people with DCs through to WL finals who have never been JAs (for whatever reason) not to mention international applicants..they surely have to start with fresh eyes when watching all the videos otherwise it would only be JAs who ever got in. Therefore asking JA teachers for feedback would give info only on some candidates..I'd hope WL wouldn't seek that information therefore, to give equal chance to all..but who knows? Just a thought!

I asked DS’s JA teacher during his ‘parents evening’ call and she said she had compiled a report for RBS on his progress, so the information is available to the panel on those who are JA’s but that she thought they would mostly go on the videos.

6 minutes ago, Bunny said:

I asked DS’s JA teacher during his ‘parents evening’ call and she said she had compiled a report for RBS on his progress, so the information is available to the panel on those who are JA’s but that she thought they would mostly go on the videos.

We had a phone call after Christmas from The JA teacher asking about my DD and about whether we would apply and what her personality was like, how much dancing she did etc....other year 6 had the same phone call so I presume they provide some further information perhaps? X 

Just now, Raquelle said:

We had a phone call after Christmas from The JA teacher asking about my DD and about whether we would apply and what her personality was like, how much dancing she did etc....other year 6 had the same phone call so I presume they provide some further information perhaps? X 

My ds has been a JA for 3 years.. this phone call is routine. It’s the teacher getting to know their students which is nice . I don’t think they are compiling a form but will stand to be corrected 😊