White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

Just now, Lara Eschler said:

We were told not to use this method if asymptomatic. Will you have to isolate as a household? and also as you said it is still risky in terms of getting the results on time though we might try that way...  For the lateral flow test, as they are a government a initiative, they should only be used to test staff or secondary school pupils. My ds school also have their own SAMBA machine for testing and are unwilling to  test him even if you paid for it. 

Oh no what a shame.  I really hope you find some way to get your DC tested.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

Does anyone know where to find a test for 85 that guarantees results within the time frame? thanks

Someone put a link up in this thread I think it was Raquelle.  I think the rapid antigen comes back in 15 mins and if you go to the test centre the company can email you the result. I haven’t found anywhere where we are though in Devon nearest was Bristol or Cardiff.  I stopped looking when I managed to source a test through our secondary school. 

32 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Oh no I’m so sorry to hear this, have you asked them about the possibility of a home test, I’m sure someone said they had said they were okay as long as they gave an official result? x

was just going to suggest this? I thought someone had said that these tests you can get if you are a healthcare worker are ok aslong as you register it online? Hope you get sorted 

5 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

Someone put a link up in this thread I think it was Raquelle.  I think the rapid antigen comes back in 15 mins and if you go to the test centre the company can email you the result. I haven’t found anywhere where we are though in Devon nearest was Bristol or Cardiff.  I stopped looking when I managed to source a test through our secondary school. 

Yes ours was the independent GP I think who have clinics in Cardiff Newport and Swansea...there are loads of lateral flow tests you can use at home but RBS won't allow unfortunately! Tried BUPA too but couldn't only find a home test. Xxx

Just now, Mrs Tea said:

no the lateral Flow as they requested. I tried the local centres here but they dont do under 16's 

So do they take the sample? I can't find a place like that. Still looking though.

Thank-you to everyone who has shared suggestions, etc. I really appreciate it. xxx

We are lucky, I’m in a place where they are offering free lateral flow tests but I don’t want to book it yet as we havnt had a confirmed date. There’s 3 possible dates for the girls. They did say on the interview email today that we’ll know ‘shortly’ so I’m sure will be Thursday or Friday x 

Edited by Dancermom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Returnofthejedi said:

Have you tried your primary school? I called ours today and explained we need it for vocational school and they've agreed to do ours. Fingers crossed for you 🤞🤞

Yes, I called our school who has their own machine for PCR tests and  has lateral flow tests for staff and year 7 onwards and they said no. Did you use your own dc school or another primary school? 

16 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

So do they take the sample? I can't find a place like that. Still looking though.

Thank-you to everyone who has shared suggestions, etc. I really appreciate it. xxx

yes the doctor can do it and process it there and then. Can give us a result in 15mins xx

5 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Yes, I called our school who has their own machine for PCR tests and  has lateral flow tests for staff and year 7 onwards and they said no. Did you use your own dc school or another primary school? 

@Lara EschlerI really feel for you. Sorry can't offer any new suggestions but your current DSs school response is unbelievably harsh. Fingers crossed that WL themselves are currently coming up with a plan to solve this problem that so many are having. We're still waiting to see if DSs school will let us use one of their (staff) tests... BTW your DS has his interview just after ours! 😊

• Like 1

Just now, Dancermom said:

Hopefully RBS will know of the difficulty some are facing getting the tests and come up with a plan. They seem to be very organised around these finals so I think they’ll come up with something! X

Quite agree ! They will be testing all the current WL kids returning, so surely will be setting up testing on site? Also they are as keen to see candidates in person as we are to attend in person. They've had several emails from people on this forum alone about the problems so they must know!

• Like 2

Lara, could you borrow an address? My local council in London is offering lateral flow tests and you don’t need proof of address. It does say it’s for those who live or work in the area, but they don’t seem to check. All it says you need to bring is:

• confirmation of your booking - the confirmation email on your mobile device or printed out 
  • a mobile device to scan a QR or bar code on the test. There will be devices available if you don’t have your own

2 minutes ago, rowan said:

Lara, could you borrow an address? My local council in London is offering lateral flow tests and you don’t need proof of address. It does say it’s for those who live or work in the area, but they don’t seem to check. All it says you need to bring is:

• confirmation of your booking - the confirmation email on your mobile device or printed out 
  • a mobile device to scan a QR or bar code on the test. There will be devices available if you don’t have your own

2 minutes ago, rowan said:

Thank-you, I actually have a flat in London but have tenants in but I paid council tax over the summer so have looked at that but the borough wanted proof of address and council tax bill for current tax year which I am not sure it was going t work. Could you message me (privately if you wish) if you know of a borough who does not require proof of address? 

Thanks again.

13 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Do you know if they different bracnhes? 

so sorry but hes our old GP who has gone private.....the hospital we are going to get it done are Spire Healthcare, they might have a branch near you? Or come up to us and I can ask him to do yours too! x