The red shoes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

28th Jan?

We didn’t apply for Elmhurst so aren’t in the loop, trying to forget about it (way easier said than done) but our WL video still hadn’t had anymore views, just that initial one of a few minutes a couple of days after submission. Has everyone else’s been viewed now? 

28thFeb. 

WL said we would hear by end of Feb. We haven’t had anymore views since the one back in November after we sent it in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

28th Jan?

We didn’t apply for Elmhurst so aren’t in the loop, trying to forget about it (way easier said than done) but our WL video still hadn’t had anymore views, just that initial one of a few minutes a couple of days after submission. Has everyone else’s been viewed now? 

Nothing since the first view here either x 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Actually the confirmation email said they would let us know by mid Feb at the latest. Also had heart failure at the RB marketing emails! 😂

The email they sent out at the beginning of Jan just after closing date said that they would hope to let all know the results from the preliminary by end of Feb. 

Your’e right it did say mid Feb on confirmation but they’ve now extended the stress!!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The red shoes said:

The email they sent out at the beginning of Jan just after closing date said that they would hope to let all know the results from the preliminary by end of Feb. 

Your’e right it did say mid Feb on confirmation but they’ve now extended the stress!!!! 

That email was before they sent a further email containing proposed final dates. The Y7 boys finals dates are currently the 11th and 12th of March, so we were going with the thinking that perhaps we would hear by 11th/12th February to give us at least four weeks to arrange travel, accommodation for those of us a way away etc. But now with lockdown extended etc it’s whether those audition dates will go ahead or not! I think in the current climate they will definitely give more than two weeks to arrange transportation. But it depends if they’re now planning to push those auditions back again, and of course that will all depend on whether schools do end up reopening on the 8th of March or not! So much to think about! x

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

That email was before they sent a further email containing proposed final dates. The Y7 boys finals dates are currently the 11th and 12th of March, so we were going with the thinking that perhaps we would hear by 11th/12th February to give us at least four weeks to arrange travel, accommodation for those of us a way away etc. But now with lockdown extended etc it’s whether those audition dates will go ahead or not! I think in the current climate they will definitely give more than two weeks to arrange transportation. But it depends if they’re now planning to push those auditions back again, and of course that will all depend on whether schools do end up reopening on the 8th of March or not! So much to think about! x

If they go ahead, they might ask for a negative covid test, so they should let people know with enough notice. So much uncertainty. 

26 minutes ago, coniger said:

my DS did wL finals in 2018 and we were given 10 days notice of finals......

Last year the boys were definitely given four weeks notice. My friends DS found out on the 28th of January that he had gotten through to finals

and he attended finals on the 27th of February. 

1 hour ago, Lara Eschler said:

If they go ahead, they might ask for a negative covid test, so they should let people know with enough notice. So much uncertainty. 

I’m wondering this too, suppose this would be a good way of managing it! I really hope they don’t get pushed back again x

12 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

That's an interesting idea - but what if you test positive and can't come? (which obviously you shouldn't!). I hope if they ask for test results they'll have an alternative for kids who have to self-isolate. Does anyone from previous years have experience of being ill on final auditions day but being given another opportunity to audition? Realise I'm seriously over thinking this, having not even heard if we've made finals! 😂

Edited by TwirlyWhirly
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

That's an interesting idea - but what if you test positive and can't come? (which obviously you shouldn't!). I hope if they ask for test results they'll have an alternative for kids who have to self-isolate. Does anyone from previous years have experience of being ill on final auditions day but being given another opportunity to audition? Realise I'm seriously over thinking this, having not even heard if we've made finals! 😂

I would hope,  due to the circumstances that they’ll have some back up plans for if finals can’t be held in person or not all can attend etc xx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Tests can be expensive as well around £120, on top of travel and accommodation it would make a big hole in some parents pockets. Money is tight for some people at the moment with furlough etc.   I agree I hope they also have other arrangements for those self isolating.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ballet Dreams said:

Tests can be expensive as well around £120, on top of travel and accommodation it would make a big hole in some parents pockets. Money is tight for some people at the moment with furlough etc.   I agree I hope they also have other arrangements for those self isolating.

Yes! This is us too at the moment, still working but on quite a reduced income. I think the circumstances of this year are really going to push a lot of families out. :( Just too many unknowns. Thankfully for us DS hasn’t asked about it at all. Lately he’s been talking about joining his big sister at our local secondary school - I’m actually really relieved his mind is there as he’s really struggled with dancing at home, especially dancing alone. 

So many added pressures for everyone this year. 

RBS have been pretty good with communication though. It’s got to be extremely difficult for them too at the moment. Hopefully they’ll be as reasonable as they possibly can with the schedule and any necessary precautions. 

Heavy snowfall meant not all children were able to make it to WL finals the year DD went. They delayed the results to ensure that everyone was seen, and reassured parents that this would be the case so no one took unnecessary risks to get to Richmond. I’m sure they will do the same this year. The whole process was very fair, and communication was really good.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SissonneDoublee said:

Heavy snowfall meant not all children were able to make it to WL finals the year DD went. They delayed the results to ensure that everyone was seen, and reassured parents that this would be the case so no one took unnecessary risks to get to Richmond. I’m sure they will do the same this year. The whole process was very fair, and communication was really good.

Thanks for posting that story! Very reassuring to hear in the current situation. I love that people on this forum are so helpful! 😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SissonneDoublee said:

Thank you. That’s good to know. :) 

A huge part of the excitement will be in just visiting the building and seeing the grounds (even if us parents can’t go in). It’s definitely felt more stressful than exciting so far. 
We were hoping there’d be a virtual tour (have any of the other schools done this?). 

Fingers tightly crossed for everyone. 

• Like 1

Hammond video complete tonight. 🥳Somebody should have filmed me. Standing on the back of our sofa!!  trying to balance and film to get all of the grand allegro in 🙈 The things we do! 

I am sure we will look back on this in years to come and laugh but I am so so glad that’s the last one done! 
Hopefully news soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrsR said:

Hammond video complete tonight. 🥳Somebody should have filmed me. Standing on the back of our sofa!!  trying to balance and film to get all of the grand allegro in 🙈 The things we do! 

I am sure we will look back on this in years to come and laugh but I am so so glad that’s the last one done! 
Hopefully news soon. 

Crazy isn't it! The year we became teachers and film makers!!! Well done. So lovely isn't it when you finish 

• Like 1