White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bunny said:

Me too! At least we know there is no need to start obsessively checking emails just yet! x

Exactly, we can give ourselves a much deserved mental break from it.  Hammond said they’re hoping to get they’re results out by 1st March so they have the same time frame. Not sure when to expect Elmhurst or Tring. X 

1 minute ago, ponklemum said:

Exactly, we can give ourselves a much deserved mental break from it.  Hammond said they’re hoping to get they’re results out by 1st March so they have the same time frame. Not sure when to expect Elmhurst or Tring. X 

Where did you see about Hammond? Have I missed an email 🙈 lol x

1 minute ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Where did you see about Hammond? Have I missed an email 🙈 lol x

When they first sent out the email they had very little details and no deadline so I asked them for more information and what to expect. X 

1 minute ago, ponklemum said:

When they first sent out the email they had very little details and no deadline so I asked them for more information and what to expect. X 

Ahh ok.... so I've not missed an email? I always worry when I miss an email incase DC has dropped off... stupid I know but after the effort to get the video done then "go missing" would be a nightmare! 🙈

3 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Ahh ok.... so I've not missed an email? I always worry when I miss an email incase DC has dropped off... stupid I know but after the effort to get the video done then "go missing" would be a nightmare! 🙈

No you’ve not missed an email. It was just me wanting more information on how it was going to work this year 😊

On 02/01/2021 at 19:46, PetitJeté said:

No, on the Zoom meeting, Chris Powney said he wouldn’t want to offer a place to a child without seeing them in person, so they will delay as necessary. Honestly though I would say if/when WL students are back at the school, they 

I haven't had an email from rbs...when was it sent please? X 

12 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Thank you! It went into spam...! X 

Mine went into spam too. I keep setting anything from RB as ‘important.’ 

Ours has been viewed - whoever it was only watched half though (which worries me a bit as DS definitely did better in the second half 😩). 

We’re really sad about the whole process tbh - he practiced at home but we only had one hour in the studio to get our video done - DS was really stressed and tense so it’s really not good at all. Kind of wishing we’d done it at home at a time he was more relaxed (but we lack the space really). 

Fingers crossed they really are mindful of all the challenges everyone has faced over the last 9 months. 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Ours has been viewed - whoever it was only watched half though (which worries me a bit as DS definitely did better in the second half 😩). 

We’re really sad about the whole process tbh - he practiced at home but we only had one hour in the studio to get our video done - DS was really stressed and tense so it’s really not good at all. Kind of wishing we’d done it at home at a time he was more relaxed (but we lack the space really). 

Fingers crossed they really are mindful of all the challenges everyone has faced over the last 9 months. 🤞

I'm relieved I can't see how long the videos have been viewed as I know i would overthink, but I wonder if they're just checking the links work now? Also I remember from the JA analysis of their videos you could never tell from the views whether people were successful....I'm sure someone got in and they only viewed it gor a very short amount of time...xxx

• Like 1

They won’t have watched just half from the beginning as it were... if they’ve watched say 6 mins of a 13 minute video it could mean they skipped through certain bits to see the parts they really need/ want to see. 
outs was viewed back in November just after the “ original” closing date , before it got extended to January.

6 minutes was watched and I can see from the analytics that bits were skipped through etc .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

My DS’s is really similar. He looks visibly nervous and tense in his video and he’s usually so smiley and happy and relaxed while he is dancing. He had no rehersal time for anything, he literally went into the studio, his teacher ran through an exercise once or twice and then he replicated it while I filmed it. I don’t think the videos really show him at his best at all. I wish we had taken more time over it but it’s difficult as obviously it’s not reasonable to expect the dance teacher to spend hours teaching your child exercises to film and waiting for them to perfect it. I am sure RBS completely understand this anyway! It’s just us that panic!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

I'm relieved I can't see how long the videos have been viewed as I know i would overthink, but I wonder if they're just checking the links work now? Also I remember from the JA analysis of their videos you could never tell from the views whether people were successful....I'm sure someone got in and they only viewed it gor a very short amount of time...xxx

That might have been my DD. Spent weeks worrying that our JA videos had only been watched for less than 3 minutes (out of 35 or so minutes total) and still got a place 😊 Worth saying that others with multiple, longer views were also successful - you really can't tell that much. 

Feel for everyone doing 'big' auditions this year. Have everything crossed it's good news for you all in a few weeks... and that finals can take place in an actual studio!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

I think they’re all going to have a variety of videos this year. One of my ds videos is of him dancing whilst avoiding the chair and Xmas tree 😂🙈

😂

I suspect schools will be very forgiving!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bunny said:

My DS’s is really similar. He looks visibly nervous and tense in his video and he’s usually so smiley and happy and relaxed while he is dancing. He had no rehersal time for anything, he literally went into the studio, his teacher ran through an exercise once or twice and then he replicated it while I filmed it. I don’t think the videos really show him at his best at all. I wish we had taken more time over it but it’s difficult as obviously it’s not reasonable to expect the dance teacher to spend hours teaching your child exercises to film and waiting for them to perfect it. I am sure RBS completely understand this anyway! It’s just us that panic!

Yes, that sounds similar to us. Very obviously tense. We didn’t follow the guide or style they do in JA classes (and the more comprehensive guide wasn’t online when we filmed) just went with roughly what he does usually in class with his teacher (in Cecchetti method). 
His absolute favourite thing is to turn and jump but I think the stress of it got the better of him - we ran out of time so submitted the things that sort of resembled pirouettes, and some rather messy jumping. It is what it is. 😅

I guess, looking back now that it’s done, we’ve all (parents/carers and dancers and the teachers, of course) done amazingly to get anything submitted given the circumstances. ❤️

Edited by BalletBoyMumma
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, so pleased I found this forum. My DD is a JA in London and auditioning for a white lodge/mids year 7 place. Our video was viewed a couple of days ago but only just under 6 mins(less than half 😬) The whole video audition process was extremely stressful it was touch and go whether we'd get it done at all. Was considering tring too but couldn't face another separate video 😣Thinking/hoping entries will be lower this year due to the nightmare video process. Also thinking there maybe less places though as asume there won't be many/any current students assessed out this year as would seem harsh when they've had such little time in the studio. Does anyone know if they are doing mid assessments as normal?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrazyDanceMum said:

Hi everyone, so pleased I found this forum. My DD is a JA in London and auditioning for a white lodge/mids year 7 place. Our video was viewed a couple of days ago but only just under 6 mins(less than half 😬) The whole video audition process was extremely stressful it was touch and go whether we'd get it done at all. Was considering tring too but couldn't face another separate video 😣Thinking/hoping entries will be lower this year due to the nightmare video process. Also thinking there maybe less places though as asume there won't be many/any current students assessed out this year as would seem harsh when they've had such little time in the studio. Does anyone know if they are doing mid assessments as normal?

I don't think they're doing mid associate assessments this year..hadn't thought of that...x 

6 hours ago, CrazyDanceMum said:

My daughter is a year 7 Mid and we have had confirmation from RBS that everyone will automatically have another year and there won’t be any assessing out this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dancer20 said:

My daughter is a year 7 Mid and we have had confirmation from RBS that everyone will automatically have another year and there won’t be any assessing out this year. 

Oh that must be such a relief for the students. 

They are still auditioning for Yr8 places though so I guess competition will be much more  tighter for those trying. 

Sorry to post this on the RBS thread but did anybody else really struggle with uploading their Tring video to OneDrive?! No matter what I do I just can’t seem to upload it 😩 I’ve spent hours this afternoon trying to do it, I could cry!

2 hours ago, Bunny said:

Sorry to post this on the RBS thread but did anybody else really struggle with uploading their Tring video to OneDrive?! No matter what I do I just can’t seem to upload it 😩 I’ve spent hours this afternoon trying to do it, I could cry!

It took me quite a while. I saved the video to my laptop. Then in the Tring page I clicked upload and found it in the recently downloaded section. Then it uploaded to the page xx 

20 minutes ago, MrsR said:

I am worried about Tring as we sent the application but there was nowhere to put the video. I got the acknowledgement of submission but was expecting an email with details to upload our video but nothing yet 

When I applied... it was a while ago, September, I sent the application in. Shortly after received an email inviting to audition. I think I paid the fee then. This was when in person auditions were still going ahead. I'm sure you will hear very soon..Maybe follow up with an email on Monday. We were sent an email after auditions were cancelled with a link and password to upload the video to their one drive. Good luck xx