White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

14 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

I was talking to hubby about this.. It didn't occur to me that they may take less 🙈 but wondered if they would take more to final 

Oh gosh I hadn't considered that either! To be honest its not just about having smaller numbers in the audition, its also the issue of whether people can travel to get there? We are tier 4 and may still not be able to travel then....regardless of how small the auditions are?! Its a bit of a logistical nightmare! X

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Oh gosh I hadn't considered that either! To be honest its not just about having smaller numbers in the audition, its also the issue of whether people can travel to get there? We are tier 4 and may still not be able to travel then....regardless of how small the auditions are?! Its a bit of a logistical nightmare! X

Hadn't thought about that too much either 🙄 its all so difficult isn't it x

Obviously, we would be super happy to experience finals but I hope the whole process does not drag out too long. I am sure families also need to make decisions about secondary schools before the Summer term. For example , we are liable for school fees if we don't give a full term notice at his current school.  I also wonder what Elmhurst and the Hammond will do for finals. 

I wonder if perhaps they might take more to finals if it is via zoom, but I think it would be more beneficial for both parties if it were to be in person. I think it’s really important for both the school to see the child and the child to experience travelling to the school. I appreciate that London and the surrounding boroughs are in Tier 4 (we are too!) but I think exceptions around travel should be made for a final audition. It’s no ordinary class and is a big deal for both the schools and children to check that it’s a ‘right fit’ on both sides, I think. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bunny said:

I wonder if perhaps they might take more to finals if it is via zoom, but I think it would be more beneficial for both parties if it were to be in person. I think it’s really important for both the school to see the child and the child to experience travelling to the school. I appreciate that London and the surrounding boroughs are in Tier 4 (we are too!) but I think exceptions around travel should be made for a final audition. It’s no ordinary class and is a big deal for both the schools and children to check that it’s a ‘right fit’ on both sides, I think. 

I just wonder if a negative test might be required as there will be a familiarity with administering this by then in the secondary schools. 

I would totally prefer a live audition but I think they will have to offer a zoom option for some who can't travel or need to isolate. Also, the logistics of traveling in terms of hotels, restaurants and toilet facilities might be difficult in a Tier 4 situation. Anyway, does anyone know if a large percentage of JAs make it to finals generally? I think there were 30 boys last year but not sure how many year 6 boys there are across all centers in total?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lara Eschler said:

I would totally prefer a live audition but I think they will have to offer a zoom option for some who can't travel or need to isolate. Also, the logistics of traveling in terms of hotels, restaurants and toilet facilities might be difficult in a Tier 4 situation. Anyway, does anyone know if a large percentage of JAs make it to finals generally? I think there were 30 boys last year but not sure how many year 6 boys there are across all centers in total?  

My DS is one of (I think) 3 Year 6 JA boys at our centre. No idea if either of the others are applying though! I wonder if the whole business of 2020, video requirements and so on will just have put people off applying at all- not those on this forum, obviously!! It might just be a smaller pool of applicants... Good luck to anyone out there still doing finishing touches to RBS submission. How weird to think that, from the 5th, we'll all be worrying about emails and results!

Whatever the outcome, visiting this forum (and the ones about Elmhurst etc.) has been really useful and has kept me motivated for what my DS wants to do....and it's a much happier place to visit than most other websites at the moment! ❤️ So, thanks everyone!!

• Like 4

It’s not just JA boys auditioning. There are 12/13 year 6 boys in my DS Elmhurst class too as well as a couple in year 6 Birmingham JA centre. Then there will be children who don’t attend associates auditioning too. 

it’s going to be a lengthy and anxious process I fear but I have plenty of Gin to help!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

It’s not just JA boys auditioning. There are 12/13 year 6 boys in my DS Elmhurst class too as well as a couple in year 6 Birmingham JA centre. Then there will be children who don’t attend associates auditioning too. 

it’s going to be a lengthy and anxious process I fear but I have plenty of Gin to help!! 

🤣 So much for dry January!!

3 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

For WL it’s pliés one side , tendus one side, battement jetés one side. Then Cambrés both sides and grands Battements both sides 

Thank you so much. For some reason I think ds did everything on both sides except the Cambrés. 

1 hour ago, ponklemum said:

Thank you. I’ve double checked and it has only been done on one side but it is what it is. Xx

I've only done cambres on one side, submitting back in November. The website isn't clear about one or both sides anyway so don't worry about it! It'll be OK! 

4 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

The zoom meeting back in October they said do cambrés both sides 

Thanks for that. We followed the initial guidelines on the website, which did not state one/ both or otherwise. The subsequent more detailed advice was only put on the website after we had submitted, which I agree with you, says both sides (I have only just looked at it!). However, they surely can't disadvantage an applicant who submitted following their original guidelines? It's too late for us to do anything anyway!! 😬

• Like 1

Just now, TwirlyWhirly said:

Thanks for that. We followed the initial guidelines on the website, which did not state one/ both or otherwise. The subsequent more detailed advice was only put on the website after we had submitted, which I agree with you, says both sides (I have only just looked at it!). However, they surely can't disadvantage an applicant who submitted following their original guidelines? It's too late for us to do anything anyway!! 😬

I really wouldn’t worry about it... I am my DS Ballet teacher and we missed out something on the Elmhurst video 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️... I really wouldn’t worry, they make their minds up very quickly xx

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

I really wouldn’t worry about it... I am my DS Ballet teacher and we missed out something on the Elmhurst video 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️... I really wouldn’t worry, they make their minds up very quickly xx

Think they'll make up their minds quickly about my DS's ditzy mother!! 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Think they'll make up their minds quickly about my DS's ditzy mother!! 🤣

😂😂 I don’t think you’ll be the only one! At least we are into the new year now so hopefully not much longer to wait to find out! 🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

😂😂 I don’t think you’ll be the only one! At least we are into the new year now so hopefully not much longer to wait to find out! 🤞🏻

I've noticed that one of her photos she is barefoot...there are bound to be little mistakes here and I doubt they will penalise parents for that. Good luck everyone...x 

43 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

I got the RBS application done yesterday. That was the last one I had to do and I feel such a relief now that parts over. I never thought these videos would make me feel as stressed as they have. Bow Ora just the wait xx

We submitted the last of videos yesterday and 100% agree, we entered into it best we could but yes it turned out to be quite a stressful few weeks.

Good luck xx

• Like 1

On 02/01/2021 at 19:46, PetitJeté said:

No, on the Zoom meeting, Chris Powney said he wouldn’t want to offer a place to a child without seeing them in person, so they will delay as necessary. Honestly though I would say if/when WL students are back at the school, they 

I'm sure we have had a view on our video! Won't let me see how long which is good as I would probably overanalyse...eek...the wait begins! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raquelle said:

I'm sure we have had a view on our video! Won't let me see how long which is good as I would probably overanalyse...eek...the wait begins! 

Oh gosh, I’ve checked ours quite a few times and no views as yet! Another thing to obsess over in between checking emails! 😀

1 hour ago, ponklemum said:

Oh I didn’t know that, thank you. I’m off to check - here starts the obsession 😂

I was just about to say are we allowed to officially start the obsessive email refreshing now that the deadline has officially passed and we’re locked down with very little opportunities to do anything else?! 🙈 Hopefully working from home and home schooling the DC’s will keep us all super busy!

• Like 2