Cats: Francesca Hayward and Steven McRae to star in film version

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Then why can't the website be changed to "tbc" for those performances until the casting has been decided ....rather than displaying the names of dancers still who definitely won't be dancing!! 

Because the ROH is not managing its website properly and/or Kevin O'Hare has a bit of a conundrum on his hands!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, alison said:

The article linked to in the Dance Magazine article is here: https://deadline.com/2018/11/cats-andy-blankenbuehler-choreographer-hamilton-tony-winner-1202508345/

Scheduling conflicts for McGregor, apparently.

Are scheduling conflicts the real reason? I wonder.

I have a feeling the whole thing didn't really work out between McGregor and the Cats production team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xandra Newman said:

I am surprised the gorgeous Leanne Cope has not joined the Cats team. She sings, dances and has great experience after having performed in An American in Paris...

yes, you'd have thought she would have been a natural for it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xandra Newman said:

I am surprised the gorgeous Leanne Cope has not joined the Cats team. She sings, dances and has great experience after having performed in An American in Paris...

I was going to say I was wondering whether we might hear an announcement to that effect when I saw that Fairchild had joined the cast - but that would be pure speculation.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/cats-movie-release-date-revealed-13730488

More information about the Cats casting in this link.

The lead roles are all taken by famous actors/actresses. The lead role of the White Cat will be played by Taylor Swift and not Francesca Hayward as has been stated or suggested; instead she plays a kitten and will sing a song.

What Steven McRae and Olivia Cowley will do is not mentioned and former RB soloist Eric Underwood is also participating in the filming.

The film will be released in December 2019.

Taylor Swift will be starring as the sensual and flirtatious Bombalurina.

Ballerina Francesca Hayward, a rising star of the Royal Ballet will star as a kitten called Victoria and sing a brand new song, composed especially for the film by Lloyd Webber.

It says from the link of the article so Lizbie is correct. Victoria is the white cat. 

19 hours ago, Xandra Newman said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/cats-movie-release-date-revealed-13730488

More information about the Cats casting in this link.

The lead roles are all taken by famous actors/actresses. The lead role of the White Cat will be played by Taylor Swift and not Francesca Hayward as has been stated or suggested; instead she plays a kitten and will sing a song.

What Steven McRae and Olivia Cowley will do is not mentioned and former RB soloist Eric Underwood is also participating in the filming.

The film will be released in December 2019.steven McRae is on cast list as Skimbleshanks........

• 2 weeks later...

Having been alerted to the Summer Magazine and the Margot Fonteyn centenary celebrations, I was also delighted to see Francesca Hayward on the front cover and a lovely article written by Sarah Crompton.  Fascinating to read about the auditions for Cats, a fabulous once in a lifetime opportunity, if outside the ‘comfort zone’ (if there can be such a place in Ballet).  Looking forward very much to May and Francesca’s Juliet.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Well - I haven’t seen the original (I know!) and though I agree you might need some time to get your eye in, as it were, I’m not sure what the fuss is about either.

Twitter can be something of an echo chamber - and a vicious one.

• Like 7

I have  never seen it either. The costumes and sets look rather spectacular and dancing looks as if it might be q good?

Shame about the music and it's all very loud and 'in your face' etc but all film trailers and most 'mainstream' films are like that these days.

No mention of Steven McRae- I think I spotted him though.

• Like 1