• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Son or Daughter? Daughter

Birthday? November
Year applied for? 4

Auditioned in? Birmingham (Group 3, 3rd May)

For a place in? Birmingham

Applied before? No

Any other centres? Elmhurst year 4 starting September 19 :) very exciting

Any other info?

1 hour ago, Fairydust said:

Morning all, does anyone know how many groups there were at Birmingham Fri 3rd May, DD was in group 3 and I know there was a boys group before her and a girls group after her, was there a group 5 and maybe even 6?

I’m not sure about this as it’s all the year groups auditioning in those 2 days. My DD auditioned on thurs 2nd at 230 and I know there was a group before but the group after were older girls. 

@spamcat going back to what you said yesterday I’m not sure how many would want to swap centres, I don’t know how they work it with first and second choices. But I’m sure you arnt the first one in your situation. For Birmingham there is a Birmingham24 and a Birmingham32 so they were my first and second choices. Really not sure what this means and have never enquired lol ! 

Son or Daughter? Daughter

Birthday? March
Year applied for? 5

Auditioned in? Birmingham 

Applied before? Yes, waitlist last year

Any other centres? Just finishing her first year at Elmhurst. 

Any other info? Have an older one in y7 at Elmhurst full time. Very stressful for the little one as she is desperate to follow in big sister's footsteps ☹

Daughter

Applied for year 5 

Auditioned in Birmingham for a place in Birmingham 

Yes applied last year and it was a no or ‘not yet’ as I like to think of it 🤣

DD is in year 4 at Elmhurst going into year 5 in sept 

Son or Daughter? Daughter

Birthday? April
Year applied for? 6

Auditioned in? Birmingham 

Applied before? No

Any other centres?  Forgot to apply to Elmhurst Birningham!! but have applied to audition in Manchester this weekend. 

Any other info? Going to RBS Summer Intensive

@Dancermom I imagine it would be really difficult to swap to Birmingham as there would be lots in the same boat and it sounds like Birmingham had loads more applicants than Bath.

@Fairydust what is the Rad summer school? I didn't know about that. I looked for summer schools but they all seemed to be for older kids. Is it just Totnes or London?

Hi all! Just found this thread as was trying to get an idea of when results might be out! My daughter auditioned in Leeds for a year 4 place there, like everyone the chances are very slim but she had a great day. I am new to the ballet world so has been a steep learning curve! My dd currently attends ballet boost which she loves. Good luck to all and hopefully we will hear soon!!

They say end June but last few years results started 6/7 June with London coming out as last batch around 19/20 June. Expect that to be moved out a bit as added Dundee as final centre 3 working days after the last London result. Assuming they do the same would be expecting first centre to start coming out in next day or so with everyone else following so yes it might be near end June before the final centres get theirs

Edited by Hazel

12 minutes ago, InOverOurHeads said:

In previous years have they always said at auditions to expect results end of June?  I'm just wondering if they really do mean end ofJune!!!

I think it was more mid June last year. I’m thinking that maybe it will be next week but hoping for sooner! 

Son or Daughter? Daughter
Birthday? April (end of)
Year applied for? 6
Auditioned in? London - group 3, number 65
For a place in? London
Second choice? London
Applied before? No
Any other centres? No

Any other info? Feels she did her best and was happy with her audition. If a “no”, has already said she wants to go for a MA. Tall, slim and has beautiful ballet feet ☺️

9 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Newcastle results are out it’s a yes for my DS!!!

Wow!!!! Congratulations Bunny that is amazing news! Congrats on the first yes! How exciting! 😃😃😃😃

Edited by Spamcat