RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

Have all of the auditions finished now (not sure how many days there were for the Dundee auditions)? We have a long wait for London but looking forward to hearing when the first results start to filter through. In the meantime, I have turned my obsession to studying for the Life in the UK test. I’ve decided after 17 years as a settled resident from the US, I might as well get my citizenship...and it will help pass the time waiting for results! 😂😂😂

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to all of our fellow Newcastle auditionees! I’d love to find out today but suspect it won’t be till Monday or so as I think it’s usually about five days following last audition which was yesterday. (Well that’s what I’ve gathered from reading on here! Ha x)

• Like 1

@Astrid Thank you! I think the crazy email refreshing/checking is a worldwide trait! I’ve been prone to “obsessive refreshing” since the invention of email and it has only become worse since having children and waiting for school results/emails, football club emails, dance school emails, etc. Now I am obsessively taking online practise tests as a distraction. I should be very knowledgeable by the time the audition results come out! 😉🤣🤣

Good luck to everyone and happy waiting! 🤞🤞

Apparently Dundee was very busy, several full audition groups over the day (at least 3 i think though if anyone was there please correct me). We know of someone who was there in the first group I think. I've also seen quite a few people mention it on social media. 

I'm not surprised as I think pretty much anyone in Scotland who's keen at all would have given it a go. Will be interesting to see how many kids they take into the class. 

There's always a few children who travel to Newcastle etc from Scotland but I imagine the travel puts quite a few off. Dundee is a pretty good location for most of Scotland to get to. DD will probably try for there next year if she isn't successful this year. 

3 hours ago, Hazel said:

Well however it goes you’ll be our favourite person if you let us know as soon as you hear 😂

I will do @Hazel! Although I am genuinely not holding out any hope. She’s had one offer for elsewhere so that will definitely soften the blow. Even she really truly doesn’t believe she’s in with a chance. But you can’t help dreaming...! 

2 hours ago, Astrid said:

Good luck @Bunny @TinyNEDancer @PutYourBooteesOn  My bet is on Monday afternoon or Tuesday..but wouldn’t it be lovely if they kicked it all off with a curve ball tomorrow?? 😅🙃🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 

Yep!! Right, who wants to suggest it 😂

My poor phone battery with all of this email refreshing 🤦🏼‍♀️😀

Good luck to everyone waiting on results, especially those who have been patiently waiting on Newcastle results since April! Let’s hope Dundee doesn’t delay things too much and the emails start filtering through soon🤞My DD only auditioned on Friday so I can’t really complain about the wait for results but I definitely am and my husband is already bored of hearing me talk about it 😆

• Like 3

Good luck to all applying for JA's this year. It takes me back to when my DD was applying...

She didn't make it to JA's and was placed on a waiting list. She kept re-applying and place was eventually found for her in mid associates. Since then she's gone from strength to strength. So please don't be disheartened if you aren't successful first time around.  When children are developing, no may often mean "not now".

• Like 5

London 2018 we got our ‘no’ at 14.48 on 19 June

London 2017 we got our ‘no’ at 15.57 on 21 June

Obviously not holding out much hope for this year, I suspect RBS is not in DD’s future, her feet are not RBS feet I think. Everything else is lovely, but feet are very important, unfortunately for her

15 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

I know we have a long wait (London) but for those who have experience, what time of the day do the emails usually start to arrive?

Ahhh I remember getting my dd’s Results by post!!!! Nothing like getting mail with the crest on!!! It was waiting for us when we got home from classes or should I say DH was holding envelope when we got in!

My students mum is under strict instruction not to read the email til she gets home from school 🤪 haha!!!

• Like 2

Thank you all for your responses. Hopefully, the email will arrive whilst DD is either at school or her ballet class (giving me time to decide how to deal with the result and her potential reaction). She has already decided if it is a “no”, she wants to go for MA next year...we shall see! 😬

• Like 1