RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

1 minute ago, Astrid said:

Ooh ok..maybe they do that so we can refresh whilst drinking wine? πŸ˜‚

Astrid I love it! πŸ˜‚ Feel like I need some at this rate, was so convinced it would be today...it’s six weeks tomorrow for us Newcastle soldiers! Ha x

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Astrid I love it! πŸ˜‚ Feel like I need some at this rate, was so convinced it would be today...it’s six weeks tomorrow for us Newcastle soldiers! Ha x

Newbie to this forum but share your pain πŸ˜‚ wish someone would just put me out of my misery!!!Β 

Oh what a long wait for you Bunny! I am not even checking yet as we are Bath and the audition wasn't until 23rd May so I think we'll be a couple more weeks yet.

It seems from previous posts that the emails usually arrive around 5/6pm so keep refreshing. (Whilst drinking wine!)Β 

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and have been reading this thread. My DD is a year 4 JA at Elmhurst. She auditioned for Royal Ballet JAs at Birmingham and whilst I think she’s forgotten about it, I’m eagerly awaiting the email!Β 

• Like 3

@AstridΒ thank you, you too! Yes my DD loves elmhurst! They do a viewing class at the end of every term and it’s clear thatΒ the teacher makes them feel really special for being there,Β it’s lovely. Were you there on Saturday? As I know some of the newbies were having introductory lessons xΒ 

@DancermomΒ my DD is starting at Elmhurst in September too and she was there on Saturday. She said it was amazing! She is there this Saturday too.

We applied for Bath JA because it's nearer but now I'm wishing we'd applied to Birmingham because apparently they can do both. I didn't realise at the time. She's got her heart set on Elmhurst now she loves it!

Yes it’s a lovely place and they all seem to really enjoy it there. This Saturday we won’t be there, it’ll be the first lesson my DD has missed which is good goingΒ but there’s a dance competition we need to go to!Β 

I think it’s a really good idea to do the classes before they start in September, get Β them nicely settled in! I was really excited about buying all the uniform lol! Sad I know 🀣 

@SpamcatΒ so if your DD gets into royal she can’t do both? I guess not.thats a shame, so depending on the results you may have a decision to make shortly!Β 

Β 

im not holding out much hope for royal for my DD but its always best to go for it as you just never know! xxΒ 

Β 

2 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Yes it’s a lovely place and they all seem to really enjoy it there. This Saturday we won’t be there, it’ll be the first lesson my DD has missed which is good goingΒ but there’s a dance competition we need to go to!Β 

I think it’s a really good idea to do the classes before they start in September, get Β them nicely settled in! I was really excited about buying all the uniform lol! Sad I know 🀣 

@SpamcatΒ so if your DD gets into royal she can’t do both? I guess not.thats a shame, so depending on the results you may have a decision to make shortly!Β 

Β 

im not holding out much hope for royal for my DD but its always best to go for it as you just never know! xxΒ 

Β 

Are you not allowed to do both or do they clash?Β 

Β 

I wasnt sure if you can do 2 associate programmes alongside each otherΒ 

2 minutes ago, TinyNEDancer said:

I have had an email from the Royal Ballet School and almost fainted 😱. It was about the Belfast programme that they have randomly added to our accounts! 

Bless youΒ 

29 minutes ago, TinyNEDancer said:

I have had an email from the Royal Ballet School and almost fainted 😱. It was about the Belfast programme that they have randomly added to our accounts! 

The audition outcome comes from a specific email account- Liz thorringtonΒ I think the name is. You’ll know when it’s TheOne.Β 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Loueeze said:

So, how many London classes do they have and roughly how many new tiny ones who will be in year 4 do they select? Do they have a separate class for boys? Or is it so different that you never know?

Last year my son was in the Year 4/5 mixed class in London. There were only 4 Boys and 4 Girls who were Year 4. This was JA1. My son this year is in an all boys class Years 5 and 6. JA4. Not many Year 4 places. My daughter has auditioned this year for year 4 but we know the chances are slim.Β 

2 minutes ago, pinkbex81 said:

Last year my son was in the Year 4/5 mixed class in London. There were only 4 Boys and 4 Girls who were Year 4. This was JA1. My son this year is in an all boys class Years 5 and 6. JA4. Not many Year 4 places. My daughter has auditioned this year for year 4 but we know the chances are slim.Β 

Where did fog find our the ja1 info?Β 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bunny said:

I am laughing so much @AstridΒ and @TinyNEDancerΒ πŸ˜‚ Think we could just pay for one fare and put the kids in the hold luggage? Would do wonders for their flexibility! πŸ˜‚Β 

Β 

Roll on tomorrow for another day of refreshing! x

πŸ˜† Back bright and early at 9.01am 😁

Β 

2 hours ago, Emma101 said:

Are you not allowed to do both or do they clash?Β 

Β 

I wasnt sure if you can do 2 associate programmes alongside each otherΒ 

Hiya, yes you can do both, but @SpamcatΒ applied for royal in BathΒ and elmhurst in Birmingham so that would be impossible logistically I think πŸ€” although I don’t know the times of the bath JAs xxΒ 

8 minutes ago, Dancemama said:

DDs audition was 2nd May, the wait is driving me crazy!!!

Β 

My DDsΒ audition was 2nd May also. Birmingham was 2nd after Newcastle so as soon as some Newcastle people get the news we’ll know ours is imminent!Β 

1 hour ago, Astrid said:

πŸ˜† Back bright and early at 9.01am 😁

Β 

Yep. 9.01am πŸ˜€. See you, Bunny and everyone else here!

Β 

If we’re all doing this next year then please can we wait somewhere together with plentiful snacks, distractions and phone chargers?! πŸ‘©πŸΌβ€πŸ’»πŸ€³πŸΌπŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ