RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

Hi, my daughter auditioned in London for the first time , understand the competition is very fierce , my daughter is already talking about trying again next year, just wondered if anyone has any idea of how many get in each year? And does it vary depending on which centre you apply to?

many thanks 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gather that overall they take less than 10% of applicants. Their yearly report stated the number of applicants each for year. 

Boys seem to have a higher chance of getting a place, and London is the most competitive, with the least chance of getting accepted.

So basically London based girls have it the hardest.  As a mother of a London based girl, I feel your pain. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

I gather that overall they take less than 10% of applicants. Their yearly report stated the number of applicants each for year. 

Boys seem to have a higher chance of getting a place, and London is the most competitive, with the least chance of getting accepted.

So basically London based girls have it the hardest.  As a mother of a London based girl, I feel your pain. 

Where did you find these stats? We auditioned at Eastleigh 

11 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Hope everybody has had a lovely weekend! Have we all got our fingers ready for refreshing those emails this week?! 😂

Can’t cope with waiting much longer!! 🤣🤣😬

11 minutes ago, TinyNEDancer said:

Here’s to the start of another week of refreshing emails, guessing and... hopefully some news 🤞🏼 😀

Haha great minds think alike Tiny! Is it your DD or DS who is auditioning for Newcastle? Looking at the stats I think the odds are definitely against us with it being just the one mixed year group class! Really hope we find out soon.

3 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Haha great minds think alike Tiny! Is it your DD or DS who is auditioning for Newcastle? Looking at the stats I think the odds are definitely against us with it being just the one mixed year group class! Really hope we find out soon.

DD for a year 4 place, first audition ever and no experience of anything like this (has never done a competition for example) and was rather bemused by the stretching in the waiting area so we really have NO chance at all! I’m not sure whether not knowing with a tiny glimmer of hope is better than knowing it’s a no?! 

How about you Bunny? DD or DS? And what year group? 

1 minute ago, TinyNEDancer said:

DD for a year 4 place, first audition ever and no experience of anything like this (has never done a competition for example) and was rather bemused by the stretching in the waiting area so we really have NO chance at all! I’m not sure whether not knowing with a tiny glimmer of hope is better than knowing it’s a no?! 

How about you Bunny? DD or DS? And what year group? 

You just never know! She might be exactly what they are looking for! I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed for her! What group was she in on the day? We were group one but luckily we didn't really see any over enthusiastic stretching!

Mine is a DS, going for a Y5 place. He has only been dancing for 18 months now though, so doesn't have an awful lot of experience of this type of thing at all although he does compete in festivals and competitions. He really, really wants it though as in his mind The RB are the best in the world and there is no other company or scheme that could possibly compare! Bless him. I have downplayed and distracted as much as possible and explained to him repeatedly that his chances are slim to none and although he knows this, it hasn't stopped him hoping and wishing!

Oh gosh I know exactly what you mean! While we don't know there's still a chance isn't there, but once the emails are out, if it's a no then that's it.....it's that that's the hard part I think!

56 minutes ago, Bunny said:

You just never know! She might be exactly what they are looking for! I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed for her! What group was she in on the day? We were group one but luckily we didn't really see any over enthusiastic stretching!

Mine is a DS, going for a Y5 place. He has only been dancing for 18 months now though, so doesn't have an awful lot of experience of this type of thing at all although he does compete in festivals and competitions. He really, really wants it though as in his mind The RB are the best in the world and there is no other company or scheme that could possibly compare! Bless him. I have downplayed and distracted as much as possible and explained to him repeatedly that his chances are slim to none and although he knows this, it hasn't stopped him hoping and wishing!

Oh gosh I know exactly what you mean! While we don't know there's still a chance isn't there, but once the emails are out, if it's a no then that's it.....it's that that's the hard part I think!

She was in Group 2. She was one of the youngest there I think. Although I’m not quite sure how it works/worked still! 

Fingers and everything crossed for them both, Bunny. Let me know about your son as soon as you hear! Would love for him to get the news he so desperately wants. 

Think my daughter has accepted the fact that it will be a no, but there must be a secret part of her that still hopes it’s a yes! I am hiding the email refreshing and my chatting to you guys on this forum from her, she’s just casually getting on with life! 

It’s just SO unlikely isn’t it?! 

Right, what day are we realistically expecting to hear?! 

54 minutes ago, TinyNEDancer said:

She was in Group 2. She was one of the youngest there I think. Although I’m not quite sure how it works/worked still! 

Fingers and everything crossed for them both, Bunny. Let me know about your son as soon as you hear! Would love for him to get the news he so desperately wants. 

Think my daughter has accepted the fact that it will be a no, but there must be a secret part of her that still hopes it’s a yes! I am hiding the email refreshing and my chatting to you guys on this forum from her, she’s just casually getting on with life! 

It’s just SO unlikely isn’t it?! 

Right, what day are we realistically expecting to hear?! 

I think results will start to come out tomorrow  - Newcastle first 

Good luck everyone...let the obsessive refreshing begin!!  I will be waiting until next week or the week after to begin but I will be watching your posts to determine when I should start! 😂🤪🥴🤢

• Like 1

Awww Tiny it would be fantastic if they both made it in! We can hope and keep our fingers crossed just that bit longer now!

Really hope today is the day! Good luck everybody waiting on Newcastle results x

I’ve just logged in to openapply and there’s a new link to DS s checklist coming up but it’s for something called the short course associate programme in belfast 2019/20? So I’m assuming that means he’s been unsuccessful and they’ve put a different application on but we’re nowhere near Belfast, we’re near Newcastle, so I’ve no idea why it’s on there? Anybody else had this put on? x

Yes when you click on the Apply Now link on this page it takes you straight into Openapply so maybe it's just that they have added the link now that applications for that course are open? 

https://www.royalballetschool.org.uk/train/dancer-training/associate-programme/associate-short-course-belfast/ 

We are also not near Belfast so I don't think location is relevant...

• Like 1

Yes we have it too and we live in Gloucestershire! Sounds like they've added it to the page of everyone who is the correct age. I don't think it has anything to do with the outcome of the JA auditions.