RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

Hi all, I have been lurking on this thread and the previous years ones for so long and I can’t believe we are nearly at our turn! My DD has her JA audition on Fri afternoon this week, she is one of the young ones and I know that chances of getting a place are so slim but someone has to get in so it’s got to be worth a try! My main question is do they require an adult to stay on site throughout the audition? I have a 7 week old baby so my Mum is coming to London with us and all being well she will be fed and will sleep for the duration and my Mum will wait in a cafe nearby with her as I know that other children aren’t allowed in and it’s limited to one adult, but if my baby needs feeding and I need to go out, will they let my Mum change places with me or will we be ok to come back a few minutes before the end? I don’t want to do anything to upset any of the RBS staff!! Hopefully they won’t mind a change of adult and will be slightly sympathetic to the fact that if she needs feeding then we would have to swap, even if it’s not usually the norm (and probably preferable to having a screaming baby next to the audition studio!!) Thanks for any help you can give me. I’m already dreading the wait for results and we haven’t even been to the audition yet!!

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, SereiaAES said:

My main question is do they require an adult to stay on site throughout the audition?

You won’t need to stay. You sign your child in and leave your name and phone number. You could also leave your mum’s name and number and explain it could be either of you collecting. You just will need someone relatively close by in case there is a problem and they need to ring you to come and get her 😊.  

Edited by Darkbeans

@SereiaAES you don’t have to stay - you can go out in between - I did, I went out for a coffee and came back at the end! and even if you did stay I am sure they would understand you have a new baby who needs feeding 🙃 they are all really nice.

I have spent many Saturday afternoons feeding a baby in dancing changing rooms (have two younger children), so completely  understand this! Walking round with them in a sling praying they stayed asleep 😂 congrats on the baby and good luck xxxxxx

21 hours ago, balletboy8 said:

Hi Lottie77, thanks for the good luck wishes. Do you know how many Y5 there are in your DD class?  Thanks!

There were 29 girls in DD audition today.

21 hours ago, balletboy8 said:
8 hours ago, Catlynn said:

Soon we will be getting the train to London for DD’s audition this afternoon (I’m nervous but DD is her usual chilled self). Good luck to everyone auditioning in London this week! 🙂

Hope it went well today. Apparently one girl was taken ill during the audition. Hope it wasn't your DD x

23 minutes ago, HopelessMummy said:

There were 29 girls in DD audition today.

Hope it went well today. Apparently one girl was taken ill during the audition. Hope it wasn't your DD x

Which group were your DDs in? Mine was in Group 3 at 1:15. There was girl who was ill but she returned to the session (not my DD but I was in the waiting area). Apparently it was very warm in the room. X

My dd was group 1 at 10 am.  29 girls in her group. She was pretty happy with how it went, I’m not holding out much hope after 2 straight no’s 2 years in a row. Based on last 2 years we should hear in the week of the 17th. Good luck all those still to audition this week 

20 hours ago, Waverley said:

Good luck to everyone who still has an audition! DD is so excited now that it's 'this week' 🙂 We will maybe see you there @SereiaAES as my DD is in the young group on Friday afternoon as well. 

Ahh yes, good luck to your DD🤗 

@RuthE you may well be right, I’m just such a worrier🙈 I just hope baby feeds on the train then sleeps on the walk and allows me to give her big sister some attention!! 

@Astrid sounds like you’ve perfectly described my life! Baby attended her big sisters tap exam at 11 hours old so she was introduced to the dancing world young🤣 Thank you for your kind wishes re baby and the audition x

My DD auditioned yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed herself, if anyone is interested she did give me a brief outline of what they did:

Stretches -

Froggy

Froggy but on back pushing legs to floor

Sitting with legs straight, and reaching for toes, trying to get a flat back

box splits

front splits

Laying on front, then arching back

She spoke about Barre work, and also spoke about some improv that they did where they sat on the floor and used their arms to improvise the sun, wind and rain.

Jumps in first position. Solo gallops.

I believe that was about it, like I said she loved the whole experience and we are extremely pleased that we went, the place is stacked in history, really amazing.

• Like 1

We’re in London now ready for DD’s audition this afternoon - came down last night and had a fun meal out and night in a travelodge so it’s been brilliant already and fab to spend some time just the two of us. 

She’s totally chilled out at the moment, reading me funny bits out of her David Walliams book, and whatever happens this has been a lovely little night away 🙂 

• Like 3

Good luck Waverley! If you want an amazing ice cream treat (afterwards? I’m always terrified DD will spill stuff all over her leotard before a show/audition!) head to Amorino just on the corner of Long Acre and Hanover Place. Hope you have a lovely day and a great audition!

• Like 1

On 14/05/2019 at 18:52, Lottie77 said:

Good luck to all those who auditioned for an Eastleigh place yesterday. My dd is currently in her second year there (year 5) and will be moving to year 6 in September. 

I absolutely feel for you all having to wait for 'that email' and it is something i remember very well!! 

Maybe see some of you next term.

Hi Lottie77, thanks for the good luck wishes. Do you know how many Y5 there are in your DD class?  Thanks!

• Like 1

Good luck to everybody auditioning today! Hope you all have a fantastic experience ☺️

After today it’s just the audition in Dundee next week I think, on the 5th? I looked at last years JA thread and results started coming out for Newcastle on June 5th, but with Dundee being a new centre I imagine this will impact the results and mean they won’t be out quite so early this time! 😭 End of June seems like such a looong time away! We’ve waited this long I suppose! Ha x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InOverOurHeads said:

@Astrid I did not expect to feel like this! I'm even analysing everything DD has said about her audition 😫

Don’t, she has no idea and neither do we, as parents. As long as she enjoyed it, you’re in good position. The chances are so very slim, obsessing over details is just self torture. 

• Like 1

The thing with these auditions is, that it doesn’t actually matter that much what the kids do in the audition, RBS know what they are looking for, very specific physical requirements, and that’s about 99% of it. Either you are what they want, or you are not, not much you can do about it!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sally-Anne said:

The thing with these auditions is, that it doesn’t actually matter that much what the kids do in the audition, RBS know what they are looking for, very specific physical requirements, and that’s about 99% of it. Either you are what they want, or you are not, not much you can do about it!

Exactly! And that makes it easier to accept results as well.... for both the children and the parents.

• Like 1