Difficult family time around final audition

Regattah

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, older DD either wasn't that distracted in her audition or she used it for added drive ..... She got a yes!!!!

That's fantastic news for your older DD Regattah, congratulations to her!  I do hope your younger DD is continuing in her recovery.  Please, if you don't mind, keep us informed how she is getting on.

• Like 1

Well done to your DD Regattah!!! A well deserved yes indeed! In Italy we have an idiomatic sentence that sounds like this: 'behind a successful man there is always a great woman". I think in your case we should change the words "man" and "woman" with "daugthers" and "mother"! I know teenagers hardly recognize their mother's effort, but I am sure one day both your girls will see how strong and brave and supportive you have been for them in such a difficult moment and will be proud of you as all of us are now!

• Like 7

Well done to your DD Regattah!!! A well deserved yes indeed! In Italy we have an idiomatic sentence that sounds like this: 'behind a successful man there is always a great woman". I think in your case we should change the words "man" and "woman" with "daugthers" and "mother"! I know teenagers hardly recognize their mother's effort, but I am sure one day both your girls will see how strong and brave and supportive you have been for them in such a difficult moment and will be proud of you as all of us are now!

In English we say 'behind every great man is a woman.' But I prefer the version that says 'behind every great man is a surprised woman.' :)

• Like 5

I haven't been on the site for a few days - busy with ballet - so missed this whole thread.  Still better late than never, Regattah, I would really like to send you my best wishes wishes for a speedy recovery from this setback to your younger daughter (what a lovely idea to send her a gift from the forum!) and many many congratulations to your older daughter for being accepted to Central!  Well done to her for managing to do her best, when she must have been so worried about her sister!

• Like 3

i know im late in on this but wanted to give huge congratulations to your older dd for her place at such an amazing school! she must be very talented and to wish your younger dd a full and speedy recovery! i hope that she can continue to dance soon - i am sure that both of your girls inspire eachother! anything we can do to help let us know :) xx

Hi everyone and thanks for your thoughts. LB - yes they do inspire eachother. They love eachother to bits (as do little DD and my eldest boy), but it's funny as little DD does not take kindly to older DD giving her tips with her dancing!

Little DD is still doing great. Her nurse today couldn't tell the difference in strength between her left and right side in the tests. I think (haven't been told officially) they have found a clot during the MRA they did on Thursday night and so have started her on warfarin since yesterday. We did know that they were going to have to change her from asperin, but it did happen quite suddenly.

As for the other one, I've been talking about on the News from sixth form auditions thread about the struggle now to choose between two schools we love. It's a lovely problem to have and she knows full well how lucky she is.

• Like 15

Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you know that we are now home!

DD is still recovering well - she hasn't regained all her strength, she still has numbness and pins and needles in her right side and she can't write more than a couple of lines before her hand tires, but she is still improving every day. On Thursday she had a ballet physio session and really enjoyed doing barre, adage and even some pirouettes and piqué turns! She really has amazed us all!

She's now on warfarin to lower the risk of a repeat. The biggest challenge is that our backwater of a county does not have a proper set-up for coagulation blood tests for anyone younger than the usual warfarin user.

It's wonderful to be home and getting back to normal.

• Like 30