RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

37 minutes ago, Loueeze said:

I just got excited as had an email from RB... thought it was offering a place

for DS. 😭 😂 

Although a winter intensive in Japan would be lovely... 

Same. Hah. Heart attack. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Loueeze said:

I just got excited as had an email from RB... thought it was offering a place

for DS. 😭 😂 

Although a winter intensive in Japan would be lovely... 

We were SWL last year and were told by DDs teacher that those offers come in via phonecall rather than email. It was the case for friends we know too. So one time Sylvia from RBS had to ring me about an insight day, she opened with “I’m really sorry this isn’t The Phonecall, but...” 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PutYourBooteesOn said:

We were SWL last year and were told by DDs teacher that those offers come in via phonecall rather than email. It was the case for friends we know too. So one time Sylvia from RBS had to ring me about an insight day, she opened with “I’m really sorry this isn’t The Phonecall, but...” 

That must have been such a 'heart in mouth' moment 😊

On 27/06/2019 at 10:03, Balletmum2Many said:

I still have a glimmer of hope for the SWL!😄 Year 6 place for my DS in either Eastleigh or London.🤞🏼

Fingers crossed for us too! My DD is on the SWL for Eastleigh and Bath, good luck!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi everyone,

my son will be in year 5 and in JA4 boys 32 sessions in London. Anyone else?

Happy summer! 

PS: Has anyone bought the uniform already?

My son was in JA4 this year as a Year 5 and staying in this class as a Year 6. The teacher is wonderful and my son loves the fact it's an all boys class! Welcome, and hope you enjoy it! X

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi everyone,

my son will be in year 5 and in JA4 boys 32 sessions in London. Anyone else?

Happy summer! 

PS: Has anyone bought the uniform already?

We've bought the uniform. Odd shape leotard (my DS is skinny though) - loose at crotch and arms but not very long in length. The shorts are very short and tight too (shorter than we are used to) so I suggest opting toward sizing up on waist (my son's waist measures 20" and on advice of the dance shop I went with 22").

We also have the zip up sweater too - my DS is 9 but small, we opted for 7-8yrs and it's still roomy so should last a while. Not bothering with joggers as I've heard they are just standard navy joggers and come up wide - we'll look out for slimmer ones, probably from supermarket/high street school uniform ranges. :) 

I'm yet to buy character shoes even though we do need them for DS' other associate programme (RBS have said best to wait till their teacher tells us if they need them). 

There's a separate thread for RBS newbies btw. :) 

• Like 2

It does look lovely once on though. My DS showed his teacher and she was quite fond of how it fits so he'll just have to get used to it (the shorts are cut like Bridget Jones pants, much shorter at the front, which I thought looked odd but she said really shows off their legs). :)  

It all arrived in just two days from order - I was very impressed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

It does look lovely once on though. My DS showed his teacher and she was quite fond of how it fits so he'll just have to get used to it (the shorts are cut like Bridget Jones pants, much shorter at the front, which I thought looked odd but she said really shows off their legs). :)  

It all arrived in just two days from order - I was very impressed. 

That's really good. I'm still waiting for our tracksuit / ballet shoe order. They did say 2/3 weeks, but that's because they have to make the skirt. I can't wait for it to arrive :)

• Like 1

On 09/07/2019 at 10:16, Lara Eschler said:

#BalletBoyMumma

thank you ever so much for the info. That is exactly what I needed to know. Super useful, it sounds like my son has a similar built to yours, so very helpful.

what other Associate  programme is he doing?

You are very welcome. :) 

He was also accepted into Cecchetti JAs. It's only once a month and he really loves the style (and loved the taster day and audition) so we've decided to give it a go too. Some weekends are going to be incredibly busy for us but he's super excited about it all. 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2019 at 09:58, BalletBoyMumma said:

We've bought the uniform. Odd shape leotard (my DS is skinny though) - loose at crotch and arms but not very long in length. The shorts are very short and tight too (shorter than we are used to) so I suggest opting toward sizing up on waist (my son's waist measures 20" and on advice of the dance shop I went with 22").

We also have the zip up sweater too - my DS is 9 but small, we opted for 7-8yrs and it's still roomy so should last a while. Not bothering with joggers as I've heard they are just standard navy joggers and come up wide - we'll look out for slimmer ones, probably from supermarket/high street school uniform ranges. :) 

I'm yet to buy character shoes even though we do need them for DS' other associate programme (RBS have said best to wait till their teacher tells us if they need them). 

There's a separate thread for RBS newbies btw. :) 

He will need the character shoes for the cecchetti associates

Edited by HopelessMummy
Clarification
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Daisyflower said:

Hi everyone! Has anyone received any news in regards to the waiting list for London? Or any another centre?

Hello, we are on the SWL for London year 5 (girl) and haven’t heard anything. I think the only chance now is if someone is a no show when the program begins. 

Quick question!  My DD has her first class tomorrow in London.  I had it in my head that we had to arrive 45 mins early for the first week in order to have a talk from the teacher.  However, I've just checked the letters/emails, and I can't see that anywhere?  Just that we have to stay for the first 45 mins for the talk?  

I just want to check if we need to be there early of not, does anyone know?

having a last minute panic!