RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

19 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi #Balletboymumma,

We were number 94 and will be in J4 for 32 sessions. Hope to meet you then and congrats to your DS.

Hi Lara Eschler. 

Thank you. :) And huge congratulations to your DS too! Looking forward to meeting you all and my DS is really looking forward to making some new friends. It's still bit of a whirlwind for us as we had no expectation of DS getting in (his first audition experience and we were using as an insight and bit of experience for another audition he was attending the week after) - it's all very exciting! And a bit scary. 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, SJBallet said:

Hello @Ed_DanceMum the offer letter just said accept or decline as soon as possible so they could offer any declined places to others. Once I’d accepted I got the handbook and that had a deadline of 1st July to complete the student information. 

Fingers crossed for you. 

Thanks for the information it is very appreciated by all the SWL’s. Do you know when payment is due?  Sometimes there’s movement around that time. 

• Like 1

On 24/06/2019 at 12:44, ExBallerina said:

DS was but I put London as first choice and Eastleigh as 2nd and he got given London. Which was your little boy ? I was the pregnant mum and we were in the side area of the waiting room opposite the doors to the studio, my son has short blonde hair . Xx 

It seems unlikely that a place will arise on the SWL for my DS. Is there anything else that would be of benefit to him for this year that he hasn’t now missed the audition for. Preferably on a Saturday so as not to clash with rugby! 😂 

2 minutes ago, Loueeze said:

It seems unlikely that a place will arise on the SWL for my DS. Is there anything else that would be of benefit to him for this year that he hasn’t now missed the audition for. Preferably on a Saturday so as not to clash with rugby! 😂 

My son does Tring Park Kickstart for boys only. It is on a Sunday but only a Sunday a month.

On 24/06/2019 at 13:31, HopelessMummy said:

Argh the 11+??! 🤪🤪🤪

Not got a clue about that either. No idea how the answers to the questions are what they are. Everything I look at looks like a magic eye poster and I'm waiting for the answer to jump out at me! Good luck everyone, whatever you do. Can't say I'm enjoying either this dancing malarkey or looking at secondary schools. 

LOL! This is our second child to sit the 11+, our DS is in his second year at Grammar, so I am familiar with all the odd questions, etc. Tutoring has helped DD, but she is mainly being tutored to boost her exam confidence and speed (perfectionists can be very slow and painful to tutor at home 😂). We all love the non-verbal 😉 Good luck! 🙂

5 hours ago, Loueeze said:

Emma Northmore has started her vocational program on Saturdays in London - sorry don't know how young your boy is but if he is too young I am sure she might tell you about ballet boost on Sundays.

Also London Junior Ballet which is at Arts Ed at Chiswick on Sunday mornings has an extra audition in September for that term start

also Young Dancers Academy has now got a boys only ballet and general dance scheme on Saturday afternoons for 6-11 year olds  I think it was announced today.

You could also try Danceworks opposite Selfridges for their academy

Hope that helps

Edited by coniger
  • Like 1

The cut off date for sending back the online form/photo/signing t&c's etc for those who got a 'yes' is 1st July so those on waitlist might start hearing back shortly after then. :) Best of luck to those on the waitlist. 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma
Changed 'due' date to 'cut off' date.
  • Like 1

On 25/06/2019 at 19:09, Ed_DanceMum said:

Thanks @SJBallet - good to know! And congrats on your yes! 

Yes, we had to send the student info by the 1st. There was an option to apply for funding and I don’t know when the deadline for that is but if people request funding and do not get it,  they might decide to decline. so I suspect people waitlisted might not hear until later in the summer when funding decisions and invoices are sent.