RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

So sorry for all the no’s. @Catlynn I hope your DD is ok and all the other DCs. 

X

She’s a survivor...some tears but she already wants to know when MA auditions open!  😳 I think at the moment she should just stick to getting distinctions in her ballet exams and performing well at festivals 🙂

Edited by Catlynn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Winging it said:

We just have and unfortunately it’s a no! Expected but still disappointing 😏

Oh so sorry! We all know that the chances of getting in are incredibly slim yet it's still disappointing when we hear! 

We just heard as I was typing this - my son got SWL. xxx

Just now, Balletmum2Many said:

Oh so sorry! We all know that the chances of getting in are incredibly slim yet it's still disappointing when we hear! 

Congratulations, now l am the 'only man standing' feels lonely out here lol !!! 

Well 45 pages later and over two months since I started this thread... we have a yes!

Second choice centre but it’s totally fine and actually that centre is closer to us so it probably works out better to be honest.

A huge well done to everyone - how amazing of them all to throw themselves in to these things and go for it. Hope those with a Not Yet bounce back quickly - I’m sure they will.

• Like 7

A no for my little pupil: London Day 4, Group 2. She has bounced and is fine apparently. I am very frustrated that we have been asked not to ask for feedback. I understand they would be inundated, but for £50, I don't think it would be unreasonable. So, we keep working and try again next year.

I hope everyone has had their emails now. WELL DONE to all the yesses and SWLs and I hope your DCs have taken the nos well.  Thank you all for the moral support!

• Like 3

My DS got SWL for London. He auditioned on Day 3, group 5 for Y4. He loves his other ballet classes so I’m sure he won’t be too disappointed. It’s just been a strange comfort to deal with the anxiety of the JA process within this group and friendly forum :)

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Balletmum2Many said:

Fingers crossed for a place 🤞

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Waverley said:

Well 45 pages later and over two months since I started this thread... we have a yes!

Second choice centre but it’s totally fine and actually that centre is closer to us so it probably works out better to be honest.

A huge well done to everyone - how amazing of them all to throw themselves in to these things and go for it. Hope those with a Not Yet bounce back quickly - I’m sure they will.

Wow, great news and thanks for starting the thread 😊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Loueeze said:

So I think is that three of us in this forum on the SWL for boys who will be year 4 in September and want London?

My DS got SWL for year 4 many years ago - now in his 3rd year as a professional and dancing the roles of his dreams.  He was very tiny and wobbly now a strapping 6 foot (although he didn't actually grow until he was 16).  He wasn't physically ready in year 4.  

It's still painful wathcing all the results all these years later though.

• Like 6