Elmhurst 2014 entry auditions

Karen

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And like I always say - a "no" is not necessarily a "never" - but is more likely to be a "not today". Like an exam, an audition is just a snapshot of a dancer on a particular day. And of course they have so few places.

Big hugs to those with "no" letters and big congratulations to those through to finals. :-)

• Like 6

No good news here I'm afraid....we got the dreaded "no" letter today....have had a good chat with DD and she wrapped up the conversation with "well, I just have to work even harder at the rest of the auditions then".

Hubby and I are really disappointed because Elmhurst was our favoured choice due to location - 45-50 mins drive but at least we can forget this one now and concentrate on the remaining 3.... sad though :(

So Sorry to hear your news dtadmin I can imagine how you are feeling.  :(    I should imagine we will have to go through similar disappointment in January!  DD says your DD is fab and born to dance  :)

• Like 1

Congratulations to those who have got a YES :)  and commiserations to those with a NO :(.  I have to say I am a big believer in the fact that things happen for a reason and that there is always another opportunity around the corner.

I believe this too. It can be hard to see it at the time, especially when you are young, but things do have a way of working themselves out.

Many moons ago, when I was a young, recent graduate, I applied for a job that I desperately wanted. I was ranked 4th out of a dozen or so who were interviewed, but there were only 3 posts. They told me to get more experience and reapply in the future. I was devastated and about to be unemployed, so I took a job in my home town that I was really not keen on but would get me some more experience as instructed. At the end of my first week, one of my new colleagues invited me to go out with him and a few of his friends. That evening, I met my husband and we've now been married for 21 years. With hindsight, I'm kind of glad I wasn't ranked 3rd at that interview!

• Like 12

Hi Dtadmin & amber21 I just wanted to say sorry to hear your news :( but all the best for your dd's future auditions x

Thanks Dancing2003 - I'm not sure which is worse - the flat out "no" that we got, or your "yes, but no funding"....tough both ways eh? Here's hoping our DDs get offers and funding before the audition process is finished this year :) x

• Like 4

Sorry to hear that amber21 big hug for your dd ;) good luck at The Hammond!!

Cx

Well done to balletmum16 :)  and sorry to hear your news amber21 - onwards and upwards we hope for you and your DD!

Thank you, dd is looking for Hammond now, as long as she enjoys the experience like Elmhurst its all good!!

Ax

• Like 3

Well it's our turn to stress and be nervous tomorrow.  Bags are packed and we will be heading to Birminham tonight in order to get some sleep and hopefully be fresh for tomorrows audition.  We will then be in the unenviable position of stalking the postman.  Luckily we have lots going on at home in the next couple of weeks to take our minds off it - Christmas performances, singing exams etc.  Here's wishing the best of luck to anyone auditioning tomorrow :)

• Like 8

Well it's our turn to stress and be nervous tomorrow.  Bags are packed and we will be heading to Birminham tonight in order to get some sleep and hopefully be fresh for tomorrows audition.  We will then be in the unenviable position of stalking the postman.  Luckily we have lots going on at home in the next couple of weeks to take our minds off it - Christmas performances, singing exams etc.  Here's wishing the best of luck to anyone auditioning tomorrow :)

Good luck for tomorrow, I'll be driving up tonight ready for tomorrow too.

• Like 2

Hope all goes well for tomorrows candidates . My DS is going on Weds . As I cant get cover he is making his own way (quite happily ) , but I do hope he pins his number on the right way up !!! At least he doesnt have a hair kit or pointe shoes to worry about  ;)

• Like 6