Elmhurst 2014 entry auditions

Karen

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all your kind comments. It is much more upsetting than I thought it would be. None of us like our dc's to be hurt or rejected do we? I think getting into ja's after only taking up ballet months previous possibly made it a little too easy the first time around. I wasn't even expecting a place for him but I so wanted him together to finals for his self esteem, nothing else.

Ah well, it can't be changed can it? I am a little reluctant to speak to his JA teacher about why he wasn't successful this time as it does say on the letter that no discussion will be entered into as to why a place was not offered.

I am sorry for your news, it is a delight when our children are accepted into JAs however if you look at the number of Jas to actual places available in WL and mid associates you will see how hard it is for the royal to choose for further training . . . And that's without non JAs. As already shared there are lots of other routes into a career in dance and even though the royal is a dream for many realistically it's not about whether your son is good enough it's about what they see on the day. My Dd has been in since year 4 and whenever we visit work shops in London I sit and think how lovely all the children are and wow how I would find it hard to choose 24 children out of these as it must be so difficult as they are all potentially talented children in the mere fact that they have been chosen for Jas. there are also many talented non JAs so the odds are stacked against all of the dc auditioning for so few places.

If your ds is passionate he will inevitably carry on with your support. . . Good luck!

Axx

• Like 3