Elmhurst 2014 entry auditions

Karen

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balletmum16

That's what we were told last week. Just wondered if 'sent' meant email or letter! All other correspondence has been email so fingers crossed! Thanks

Just heard one of my students is through to the final (for year 7) :) Good luck to those waiting for news!

Is it not the case that you often get pupils from your school through to vocational schools,Flowerdew? You must be one heck of a teacher. Am I right in thinking you are in the Manchester area? Are you a lone teacher or with a school? I`m just thinking really for people who may be looking for a good ballet teacher .You could possibly drum up a bit of extra business on here for those looking to change schools !!

• Like 4

Thanks for your thoughts thequeys. I do have a number of ex students at vocational schools and 3 have already secured places for next year! But I'm sure there are plenty of schools around with similar success. I run my own dance school and it's based in Cheshire but the forum is not the place for me to drum up extra business. Hopefully my sharing of my students successes isn't seen as me trying to do this!

• Like 10

No good news here I'm afraid....we got the dreaded "no" letter today....have had a good chat with DD and she wrapped up the conversation with "well, I just have to work even harder at the rest of the auditions then".

Hubby and I are really disappointed because Elmhurst was our favoured choice due to location - 45-50 mins drive but at least we can forget this one now and concentrate on the remaining 3.... sad though :(

• Like 4

Congratulations to all those with finals and as Along for the ride mum points out there is always something round the corner!!

Sorry to hear your news Dtadmin give dd a big cuddle from us!

Ax

Edited by amber21
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone :) Had a little cry after reading all your lovely comments - didn't cry yesterday - but kindness always brings out the wuss in me!! :)

Amber, so sorry for your DD .... it's just so tough... but like I said to mine, even if the audition our girls attended at Elmhurst was the only one, not all of them would get a place - and there's still 3 more full days of auditioning just to try and get a Finals place!

So onwards and upwards as they say!!

A Huge Good Luck for those that are still to audition and to those few who make it all the way!

• Like 6