Elmhurst 2014 entry auditions

Karen

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dd will be auditioning for year 7.How time flies!seems like yesterday that I joined the forum and spent some great evenings reading about everyone's audition experiences.I don't feel my dd is quite ready but I can't stop time!

Oh tomuchtalent how exciting... We will following your journey with great interest ;) the very best of luck to your dd and enjoy the whole process...

Cx

• Like 2

DD is applying for year 8 but we are going to wait for January as she has the school dance show in November and that is always very tiring for them.  I don't believe it matters which one you go to as they apparently make copious notes.  Best of luck to her DD loved the Junior SS.  :)

• Like 1

Anybody out there thinking of auditioning for a year 7 place in November?.I think the later audition would be better for my dd but we have decided to get it over and done with early!

Hi, my DD is also auditioning for year 7 this year but I'm already worrying myself silly over it....."is DD good enough?", "so few places...so many talented dancers", "how will she cope if she gets those dreaded no letters", "how will she cope if she gets a coveted yes letter", "how will I cope if she actually does go away to school"....

Do you think there is much of an advantage in leaving it till January to benefit from a couple more months of dancing...or alternatively are you better being seen first?

So many questions, so many unknowns, but the only thing I'm certain of is that DD wants to dance and so we'll be auditioning for all 4 vocational schools and will just roll with it as it comes...  :unsure:

• Like 1

All those questions are perfectly natural dtadmin and as I approach it all again for sixth form auditions, my first thoughts aren't very different.

The only thing which helps keeps me saine, is, its not my place to say my DD isnt what each particular school is looking for and as long as she is prepared for the result either way then you wont know til you try.  The audition rounds are a huge learning curve - enjoy the journey

There is no advantage or disadvantage in going early or late for auditions - do what is most convenient for you, the family, other committments.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Dd didn't audition for Elmhurst but she auditioned very late for the school she us at (actually after the official closing date - I read on here that someone else had been offered a late audition so we asked) as she just wasn't ready earlier.

She'd only been doing one ballet class a week plus an extra monthly one with the rest if the time doing other dance genres & drama.

So we upped her classes organised private lessons & she worked her socks off to try and get up to scratch.

This time last year she was in a touring musical too so for us we needed it to be later. However if your child is spending all Xmas doing panto then maybe an early audition is the best to go for.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight
  • Like 1

When my DD auditioned for a year 7 place we did a November audition to spread them out and it certainly increased her confidence to have bagged a finals place early on but it depends on individual circumstances as to whatever else is going on for your DD & family

• Like 1