Royal Ballet - The Nutcracker, 2020

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...don’t go too mad at Christmas folks going into Tier 3 will be miserable. 
We have very low cases here in Brighton and Sussex generally but we have still gone up a Tier ( we were one and now are two) as think Gov ultra cautious at moment. 
Still at least some theatres can still continue after a fashion and we can get back into studio for class once a week and meet a friend for an outdoor coffee  lol 🥶

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FionaE said:

and ROH should be able to release more seats?  I am assuming the original ticket allocation was for more socially distanced numbers than the new limit of 1,000 which is 45%?

Given the idiosyncracies of the seating at the ROH, I'm not sure whether they would actually be able to go up to 1000 anyway.

1 hour ago, FionaE said:

and ROH should be able to release more seats?  I am assuming the original ticket allocation was for more socially distanced numbers than the new limit of 1,000 which is 45%?

The requirement that the building is COVID-secure remains, so the new limits are in addition to the requirement for spaced out seating.

I was pleased to get a single ticket too - I deliberately went for a date I thought might be less busy for travel and in London more generally, which perhaps also means a slightly less popular choice for booking? Anyway, guarded excitement and hope that this one works out!

• Like 2

So...public booking opens tomorrow and the RB has still not seen fit to release any Nut casting (unless I am missing something?).  All the dancers know when they are dancing now...so why can't we?  This is a poor show, especially when they are trying to get the public onside to raise money.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sim said:

So...public booking opens tomorrow and the RB has still not seen fit to release any Nut casting (unless I am missing something?).  All the dancers know when they are dancing now...so why can't we?  This is a poor show, especially when they are trying to get the public onside to raise money.  

Not disagreeing with you at all but for something like the Nutcracker I'm not sure "the public" (v. ballet fans) care who is dancing. It's the spectacle they're after, especially this year. And the group tickets esp seem to have sold very well. 

I am curious about what the  "added complications of the lockdown period" are though. 

There is now a printed copy of the casting circulating among the dancers. Up until that appeared, those who ‘knew’ were still unsure. 
Let’s hope that it’s made public soon. My guess is that we shall see some interesting ‘bubble’ arrangements within the casting. 
I agree that it is the ‘regulars’ who want to book for specific people but a lot of those ‘regulars’ will be booking tomorrow.

• Like 2

Well some of my friends who go once or twice a year want to make sure that they see who they want.  They are not regulars but know who they like.  Agree that people bringing the kiddies most probably won’t mind who is dancing.   

So unless casting is released early tomorrow morning we will be taking pot luck as to casting.  Otherwise, very useful releasing it once all booking has finished!  image.png.40d0e62fff19b3fb9ee8d27129fd7f6f.png

23 minutes ago, Sim said:

Well some of my friends who go once or twice a year want to make sure that they see who they want.  They are not regulars but know who they like.  

Would definitely include them in my definition of "ballet fans" 😀

6 minutes ago, Rob S said:

The first Saturday matinee is already sold out before the public have had a go at it 😆

for the group tickets...unless they held some back for the general sale (which hopefully they did)

It's occurred to me that bubbling regulations, if I've understood them properly, will presumably mean that Clara and Hans-Peter will have to sit at the side during the Act II diverts rather than intrude on anyone else's bubble.  Some people may find that an improvement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cavycapers said:

Can't see what time public booking opens tomorrow.  Does anyone know please?

10:00 GMT was listed previously - but I can't see it now.  Funny how they stick to the times the physical  box office used to open.

Edited by oncnp

10 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Anna Rose O'Sullivan has announced on Instagram that she's Sugar Plum Fairy on 24th and 30th December with Marcelino Sambe as her Prince

If it weren't for the pandemic emergency and the fact that I don't like this production I would be seriously very, very tempted!

• Like 2

Excellent news for them :) somewhat tantalising as I've already bought my tickets and not for either of those performances. But I guess that's the position we're in at the moment and I'm sure the two dates I booked for will have wonderful casts too 🙂

2 minutes ago, DanJL said:

Excellent news for them :) somewhat tantalising as I've already bought my tickets and not for either of those performances. But I guess that's the position we're in at the moment and I'm sure the two dates I booked for will have wonderful casts too 🙂

Casts or cast!!😆

casting is starting to trickle in on website....no surprises yet. Naghdi/Ball have filming

Edited by oncnp