Royal Ballet - The Nutcracker, 2020

10 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Wondering if they've listed one performance of each cast so far but no mention of Anna Rose so maybe not

Listed for the 30th but still slowing coming out. Also dancing Clara on Sun 13th with Nunez/Muntagirov

Now its opening night on the 11th

Edited by oncnp

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

They seem to be putting up the casts in rather a random manner - but at least they going up.

Seem to have reached my ticket limit - at 2 tickets!

and they're changing...cast for Sunday 13th is now Fri 11th and no cast for Sun

Looks to be some very interesting casting choices, although the website keeps changing. Debuts for Pajdak and Maeda as Clara, and Dixon and Sissens as Hans Peter. It will be interesting to see how much of the roles make it in to the revised production. Also O'Sullivan debuts as Sugar Plum and Sambe and Corrales as the Prince. And the first ROH Sugar Plum for Osipova in 7 years.

Shame about the whole not being able to get a single ticket in my price range and difficulty getting to London even if I could!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

oh - it just seems to be one date that I have 'reached my limit' - which is a bit weird. Gone for alternate date and that seems to work, so that's me done

I think you may have got lucky. I've reached my limit at 2 single tickets and doesn't seem to make a difference which date I try.

It's weird the way the casting keeps appearing and disappearing, but better to have something than nothing.  Perhaps we should wait a bit before pasting it up here, to make sure it is set in stone - or as "in stone" as is possible in the current circumstances?!

I did a "dummy run" with one performance, only to come across the usual problems of the "best available" not being suitable for me, so I'll have to wait.

1 minute ago, DanJL said:

I think you may have got lucky. I've reached my limit at 2 single tickets and doesn't seem to make a difference which date I try.

my 'bogey' date was the 17th - is that the same for you? I sorta refreshed completely (I had bookmarked the Nutcracker page, so reloaded it from that) and other dates (where singles available) were ok again. Think I'm in the back row of the Amphi for all but 1 show though!!!

• Like 1

The limit appears to be two. How frustrating it's been....regularly getting either the page that tells you in effect their are no single seats left or the 'unknown error' page. So I have one known cast....and a lucky dip but at least they are either side of the auitorium if it's two Sarah Lamb performances

15 minutes ago, Rob S said:

The limit appears to be two. How frustrating it's been....regularly getting either the page that tells you in effect their are no single seats left or the 'unknown error' page. So I have one known cast....and a lucky dip but at least they are either side of the auitorium if it's two Sarah Lamb performances

I got my 4 in the end (which was my personal limit before I started) - though I was expecting everyone's limit to be 6 - so try releoading the page

Though heaven knows if the casts I picked will be the ones I went for - we seem to be playing wack-a-mole with that at the moment!

2 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Re the note about ID on the checkout page, does that mean we can't sell our tickets on here if we 'need' to?

I asked about that months ago now and the box office told me it was a "legacy" issue being worked on by the web team and no ID would be required. 

17 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

my 'bogey' date was the 17th - is that the same for you? I sorta refreshed completely (I had bookmarked the Nutcracker page, so reloaded it from that) and other dates (where singles available) were ok again. Think I'm in the back row of the Amphi for all but 1 show though!!!

Thank you, I tried signing out and that worked, so got one for the 30th now. Fingers crossed they honour it!

Seems as though they're doing "block bookings" for the Clara/Drosselmeyer/Hans-Peter bubbles!  I suppose that's necessary in relation to O'Sullivan, to give her a gap between Clara and Sugar Plum, but I wonder whether it applies to casting "further down" as well?

29 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Anna Rose O'Sullivan and Marci Sambe, according to her Instagram...🙂 Coach Christopher Saunders

They are on the trailer, so I guess it’s been recorded.

Nice indeed 😁

My ‘casting bubble’ speculation is definitely the reality.

Love the fact that there are ‘new entries’ in all the roles. The RB is to be applauded for managing that.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, capybara said:

Love the fact that there are ‘new entries’ in all the roles. The RB is to be applauded for managing that.

Yes indeed...great opportunity for Sae Maeda as Clara, for example...also pleased to see Romany Pajdak in that role ..has she danced it before? Pleased for Leo Dixon too... 

Edited by Richard LH
bad spelling

4 minutes ago, Peony said:

When do you get to find out your seat numbers? (Sorry if this has already been covered)

Should be listed (in very small print) when the tickets are placed in your basket

image.png.1a13af6aa5f666fd0e5fe63131c42637.png

Edited by oncnp

56 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Anna Rose O'Sullivan and Marci Sambe, according to her Instagram...🙂 Coach Christopher Saunders

And Romany Padjak and Leo Dixon (Gary Avis coach)  per: Rachel Hollings IG

Edited by oncnp

9 minutes ago, Peony said:

Mine doesn’t look like that, not sure if it’s because it’s on the mobile site or because it’s a group ticket

Sorry - never tried to book on my mobile due to my fat fingers

2 minutes ago, Peony said:

It doesn’t appear to look any different to the laptop but of course all sold out now so can’t check! It  just gives a group number. Nevermind, as long as I know where to go when I get there!

You should be able to go to your account and it should show up under "Events"

So very pleased with cast for the tickets I have bought (Morera/Bonneli/Avis/O'Sullivan/Hay) but now desperate to know who will be dancing at the rehearsal! Hoping we get a different cast- is there any rhyme or reason as to how they decide this?

• Like 1

Just now, Blossom said:

So very pleased with cast for the tickets I have bought (Morera/Bonneli/Avis/O'Sullivan/Hay) but now desperate to know who will be dancing at the rehearsal! Hoping we get a different cast- is there any rhyme or reason as to how they decide this?

As the rehearsal is marked for filming I believe it is usually the same cast as has the performance filmed