• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all recent posters about successes for the Hammond! We've had a very positive email from the Hammond too!  Slightly baffled about whether it's for a place or just to progress to finals, but good news either way! Will hopefully get clarification on this! 😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Congratulations to all recent posters about successes for the Hammond! We've had a very positive email from the Hammond too!  Slightly baffled about whether it's for a place or just to progress to finals, but good news either way! Will hopefully get clarification on this! 😊

Congratulations! The registrar confirmed it is for a place and the audition in March for funding. Seems like everyone on the forum got good News!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

Congratulations! The registrar confirmed it is for a place and the audition in March for funding. Seems like everyone on the forum got good News!!!

Thanks! Congratulations too! Mind you, we'd need the MDS...and not all Hammond places have that automatically do they?

2 hours ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Hi Everyone. I’m afraid many many people get callbacks and to attend the funding audition you have to *register* for a place at the school and pay a fee of about £150 I think. Sorry if I’m the barer of bad news. 

2 hours ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Did Everyone get a personal comment about some aspect of the solo performance ?  🤔

6 hours ago, Flower said:

Hi Everyone. I’m afraid many many people get callbacks and to attend the funding audition you have to *register* for a place at the school and pay a fee of about £150 I think. Sorry if I’m the barer of bad news. 

Last year 56 got acceptance letters places for MDS and only about 13 MDs  were actually given and all to year 7 this year I believe there are few MDS as they don’t have the same amount each year, a odd few were offered small part bursaries compared to previous years.    This was the hammond 

1 hour ago, WrapsnBows said:

Last year 56 got acceptance letters places for MDS and only about 13 MDs  were actually given and all to year 7 this year I believe there are few MDS as they don’t have the same amount each year, a odd few were offered small part bursaries compared to previous years.    This was the hammond 

Only 56?  Are you sure?  Thanks that’s good to know. Do you know if there are any awards available for year 8 this time?

28 minutes ago, Flower said:

Only 56?  Are you sure?  Thanks that’s good to know. Do you know if there are any awards available for year 8 this time?

Yes 100% defo sure  and I believe as was told last year by Finance that there are fewer MDS for 21 admissions, so unless they can find money themselves in this current climate things will be tighter this year than ever but that’s the same with every one 🥲

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flower said:

Did Everyone get a personal comment about some aspect of the solo performance ?  🤔

Yes, we did too, I thought it was quite nice to be honest to acknowledge an element of the kids tapes and show they’ve watched them after all the effort that went into putting them together x

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Yes, we did too, I thought it was quite nice to be honest to acknowledge an element of the kids tapes and show they’ve watched them after all the effort that went into putting them together x

I hadn’t thought of it that way. You’re quite right. I need to stop being so negative!

• Like 1

Can I ask what might be a silly question to anyone who has already filled the form in? Filling this form in doesn’t confirm that you’re choosing The Hammond and definitely confirming that your child would like the place does it? And is it asking for payment of any money? 

13 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Can I ask what might be a silly question to anyone who has already filled the form in? Filling this form in doesn’t confirm that you’re choosing The Hammond and definitely confirming that your child would like the place does it? And is it asking for payment of any money? 

I had the same question. xx

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

Once you’ve filled in the form and sent the £150 then they will assume that you are going unless you tell them otherwise after the funding audition. Every year there are lots that drop out at that point due to lack of funding. 

The number of mds places varies year to year; when my dd auditioned there are only 8 and they weren’t all given to the incoming y7s, one went to a y8. In the current year 7 there were about 13. The number available is determined by how many mds pupils there are leaving that year, as they ‘recycle’ them to the new year group joining. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

Once you’ve filled in the form and sent the £150 then they will assume that you are going unless you tell them otherwise after the funding audition. Every year there are lots that drop out at that point due to lack of funding. 

The number of mds places varies year to year; when my dd auditioned there are only 8 and they weren’t all given to the incoming y7s, one went to a y8. In the current year 7 there were about 13. The number available is determined by how many mds pupils there are leaving that year, as they ‘recycle’ them to the new year group joining. 

Thanks so much. Does anyone know how many mds places are available this year? 

Hi there everyone, 

Congratulations to all those offered a place at the Hammond. My DS is presently a year 11 at the school and has thoroughly enjoyed his time there and the training. He believes there are quite a lot of MDS places in his year which will be reallocated to new students ...... so good luck with funding auditions. It’s an amazing school and very caring/nurturing towards its students x

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dancermom said:

I’m not sure when it happened but somewhere between dinner time and now I’ve had a view on the elmhurst video 😁 my DD is a young dancer x 

Is this your first view or a second view?  My DD is EYD we had a view on Monday.  It’s all very exciting good luck everyone x

7 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

Is this your first view or a second view?  My DD is EYD we had a view on Monday.  It’s all very exciting good luck everyone x

I had a view early on I presumed just to check link, this is a second view. Yes it’s exciting I hope we don’t have to wait too long to hear 🤞 good luck to everyone x