Wishing all you dc the best of luck!  My dd auditioned for rbs, Elmhurst, tring and the Hammond last year and received offers from 2 schools!  If I remember correctly final offers started coming out mid March!  Unfortunately we never got to the recall auditions due to COVID!  Luckily Hammond had videoed all auditions!  My dd was offered a place at the Hammond and put on the waitlist for MDS!  The very next day she was offered the MDS!  When offers goes out places will suddenly become available - as some dc get multiple offers!  All I can say to you all is be patient and try to forget all about it! 

The Hammond is brilliant and we are really pleased with this school🤞 🩰

• Like 4

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Calea said:

Wishing all you dc the best of luck!  My dd auditioned for rbs, Elmhurst, tring and the Hammond last year and received offers from 2 schools!  If I remember correctly final offers started coming out mid March!  Unfortunately we never got to the recall auditions due to COVID!  Luckily Hammond had videoed all auditions!  My dd was offered a place at the Hammond and put on the waitlist for MDS!  The very next day she was offered the MDS!  When offers goes out places will suddenly become available - as some dc get multiple offers!  All I can say to you all is be patient and try to forget all about it! 

The Hammond is brilliant and we are really pleased with this school🤞 🩰

Awww this is brilliant, so lovely to hear from those who’ve been there and done it! Massive well done to your DD she must be super talented to have got two offers and an MDS, and so pleased she’s loving life at The Hammond!

Good luck waiting! Once they do finals its usually a week on the Monday after the finals, that they get the results....past few years has been very end of March (last year was the 30th....also my bday.....a great present!!!). My DD is yr 7 and loves it and can't wait to find out who she will be a guardian angel too and write her letter 💗

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

Good luck waiting! Once they do finals its usually a week on the Monday after the finals, that they get the results....past few years has been very end of March (last year was the 30th....also my bday.....a great present!!!). My DD is yr 7 and loves it and can't wait to find out who she will be a guardian angel too and write her letter 💗

How lovely, Elmhurst sounds an amazing place.  We are gutted we haven’t been able to visit although we have taken the virtual tour and attended the Q&A and it looks and sounds amazing. Its lovely how parents from previous years are being so supportive and helpful.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

How lovely, Elmhurst sounds an amazing place.  We are gutted we haven’t been able to visit although we have taken the virtual tour and attended the Q&A and it looks and sounds amazing. Its lovely how parents from previous years are being so supportive and helpful.    

It is lovely! Even though she got to finals for WL, her fave school has hands down always been Elmhurst! We have always let her make the decisions about where she would like to be. And Ms Ward is a fab headteacher too!

Edited by sunrise81

6 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

It is lovely! Even though she got to finals for WL, her fave school has hands down always been Elmhurst! We have always let her make the decisions about where she would like to be. And Ms Ward is a fab headteacher too!

My DD and I watched the schools Instragram live last night with Brandon Lawrence it was very inspiring.  Ms Ward seems very caring and supportive to the students.  My daughter has said her choice would be Elmhurst!   If she got that far, hopefully her dreams will come true and hard work will pay off.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

Thank you for this xx

38 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Our video has just been watched a 2nd time between 18:00-19:00... anyone else? 
Do you think they pass it round the panel? 

Yes I think there’s a good chance that they’re passing it round the panel as they won’t be together,  so another view could be a good thing! X

Morning! I wanted to say that I’m finding this forum very helpful! My DS had two Elmhurst viewings. Our RBS video had two views within two hours. But I’m guessing this could also be one person who stopped and re-started. Couldn’t second guess it! Nothing on our Hammond one yet, but we only sent the video last week. Well done to everyone who has already been offered a place!!! We’ve applied for RBS; Elmhurst; Hammond and Tring xx

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The red shoes said:

Our video has just been watched a 2nd time between 18:00-19:00... anyone else? 
Do you think they pass it round the panel? 

Oooh we got one between 7-8pm last night too, just checked! That’s the second view my DS has had, three if you count the one where the registrar checked it was working x Exciting!

8 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Well Done yo your ds ( I think I know him and he knows my DS from kickstart). Seeing his photos etc on Instagram I’m surprised he didn’t get a funding audition!!!! He looks fabulous!! They must have very limited spaces. Still a fantastic achievement though ❤️

Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, I know who your very talented son is too. Did your ds apply to Tring as well? Hope to see you guys soon. xx

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, I know who your very talented son is too. Did your ds apply to Tring as well? Hope to see you guys soon. xx

Aww thank you 🙏. No we just did Elmhurst and RBS .... the stress waiting is immense 😰. J says well done T 👍🏼Xx 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cheshiredancemum said:

Morning! I wanted to say that I’m finding this forum very helpful! My DS had two Elmhurst viewings. Our RBS video had two views within two hours. But I’m guessing this could also be one person who stopped and re-started. Couldn’t second guess it! Nothing on our Hammond one yet, but we only sent the video last week. Well done to everyone who has already been offered a place!!! We’ve applied for RBS; Elmhurst; Hammond and Tring xx

I meant to say DD, not DS! I’m new to this 🤦🏻‍♀️🩰

22 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

If we don’t hear this week from Elmhurst, are we likely to hear anything over half term or will it likely be the end of the month then? X

Hi, when my ds got into young dancers (a couple of years ago) I remember getting the email during half-term as we were away. I don't know but anything is possible at this point. xx

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi, when my ds got into young dancers (a couple of years ago) I remember getting the email during half-term as we were away. I don't know but anything is possible at this point. xx

Thank you, that’s good to know. I suppose this year we can expect anything xx

• Like 1

I think there’s no definite times that you won’t hear! I’m sure I read at some point a few years ago that people received emails for JA places at 7pm which I definitely wouldn’t have expected! I hope we hear soon but I suspect it will be after the 22nd when Boris outlines the plan for re-opening the country. I hope it’s before! 

I don’t think we will hear until after Boris’s announcement on the 22nd Feb. 
They need to know if they can hold finals and how many they can have in each audition/ bubble etc. So this may affect how many kids they take through to finals.... just my thoughts but I’m not banking on hearing anything from WL or Elmhurst until after the announcement 

53 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

If we don’t hear this week from Elmhurst, are we likely to hear anything over half term or will it likely be the end of the month then? X

I thought we may hear this week before half term but now thinking about the announcement on the 22nd that does make sense that they’d wait until after that x 

5 minutes ago, Lovedancing said:

The Email I received said the selection process for Elmhurst would be done by the 21st Feb and I would receive an email by 28th Feb so presumably I will hear the week after the  half term holiday (Welsh half term starts 15th Feb) x

Yes I think that’s very likely to be when we’ll hear x