1 hour ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Ahh glad the confirmations are coming inย 

I'm waiting for confirmation Hammond have received but I only sent it a few days ago.. ended up sending it twice! ๐Ÿ™ˆ once youtube link emailed to register, then realised one bit said We transfer so sent it again after seeing that via we transfer using same email address as destination.... feel a bit stupid now! ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜ซ

Don't worry crazy kids I sent the tring 3 times! Once to the registrar email once direct to the registrar then I realised you were supposed to add it to their file so I did that! We look very keen!ย 

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD is applying for Elmhurst and Royal.ย What are everyoneโ€™s thoughts on the finals? I know elmhurst and royal were hopingย to do finals in the studio but as that is looking unlikely now Iโ€™m wondering whether theyโ€™ll want another video or whether theyโ€™ll decide from what weโ€™ve already done? Xxย 

1 hour ago, Dancermom said:

My DD is applying for Elmhurst and Royal.ย What are everyoneโ€™s thoughts on the finals? I know elmhurst and royal were hopingย to do finals in the studio but as that is looking unlikely now Iโ€™m wondering whether theyโ€™ll want another video or whether theyโ€™ll decide from what weโ€™ve already done? Xxย 

Iโ€™m wondering this too! I think it will probably be Zoom. I canโ€™t see any other way around it right now!ย 

8 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Don't worry crazy kids I sent the tring 3 times! Once to the registrar email once direct to the registrar then I realised you were supposed to add it to their file so I did that! We look very keen!ย 

I have applied to Tring too but there was no space to put the video and we donโ€™t have a file?!

37 minutes ago, MrsR said:

Surely no more videos ๐Ÿ™ˆ I canโ€™t see us being able to do it live thoughย 

I wonder if they might take the kids in very small groupsย on Zoom, maybe three or four a group, and maybe give them a half hour slotย and ask them to demonstrate what they feel they need to see from them? Iโ€™m not sure how a physio appointment would be able to be done though! I think thatโ€™s easier for current JAs as theyโ€™ve all been seen by the physio (well, I donโ€™t think they have this academic year but they were last) so they already have some idea on them but for candidates who arenโ€™t JAโ€™s that would be tricky. And I suppose things can change. Argh! I donโ€™t envy them, it must be so difficult to audition children like this, as difficult for them as it is for us, no doubt!ย 

4 minutes ago, Bunny said:

I wonder if they might take the kids in very small groupsย on Zoom, maybe three or four a group, and maybe give them a half hour slotย and ask them to demonstrate what they feel they need to see from them? Iโ€™m not sure how a physio appointment would be able to be done though! I think thatโ€™s easier for current JAs as theyโ€™ve all been seen by the physio (well, I donโ€™t think they have this academic year but they were last) so they already have some idea on them but for candidates who arenโ€™t JAโ€™s that would be tricky. And I suppose things can change. Argh! I donโ€™t envy them, it must be so difficult to audition children like this, as difficult for them as it is for us, no doubt!ย 

When are JAs usually seen by physio? My ds started last year in year 5 and then we went into lockdown, would they all have been seen by physio in year 6?ย 

11 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

When are JAs usually seen by physio? My ds started last year in year 5 and then we went into lockdown, would they all have been seen by physio in year 6?ย 

My son started as a Y5 JA too and they were seen quite quickly in their first term, I think maybe three or four weeks in? Some of theย children got personalised exercises to do from the physio, although my DS didnโ€™t which worried me at the time! He hasnโ€™t mentioned that theyโ€™ve been seen again in Y6 so Iโ€™m not sure that they have but our lot definitely were in Y5 x

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bunny said:

My son started as a Y5 JA too and they were seen quite quickly in their first term, I think maybe three or four weeks in? Some of theย children got personalised exercises to do from the physio, although my DS didnโ€™t which worried me at the time! He hasnโ€™t mentioned that theyโ€™ve been seen again in Y6 so Iโ€™m not sure that they have but our lot definitely were in Y5 x

Thanks, I will ask ds again about it but don't think he was seen.ย 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Thanks, I will ask ds again about it but don't think he was seen.ย 

We werenโ€™t told by the (wonderful!) teacher that they were being see, but the children themselves were told the week before as I remember my DS coming out and being excited about it (?! ha!)ย and then the following week some of the children came out with worksheets and I remember saying to him have you misplaced yours? Thatโ€™s how I remember they definitely were seen! ๐Ÿ™ˆ I wonder if itโ€™s different every center?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bunny said:

We werenโ€™t told by the (wonderful!) teacher that they were being see, but the children themselves were told the week before as I remember my DS coming out and being excited about it (?! ha!)ย and then the following week some of the children came out with worksheets and I remember saying to him have you misplaced yours? Thatโ€™s how I remember they definitely were seen! ๐Ÿ™ˆ I wonder if itโ€™s different every center?

DS isย  at London, he had the 32 sessions (though obviously cut short), I remember consenting to it on the registration form, , feel like we missed out.ย 

2 hours ago, Bunny said:

Don't worry about physio! My DD is in yr 7 and was offered a place without being able to have a physio appt as their final uditions were just another class. She didn't have a physio assessment until her second week there :)

ย 

And whilst she was a JA we always thought the physio appt was pointless if we are honest and it made her very insecure about her legs.....when the physio has hold of your leg, then looks at your knee, then look back at you and say "don't worry about the shape of your knees, they will change over time".........erm, thanks for upsetting her!!!

Edited by sunrise81
  • Like 1

So hasย everyone got the email from RBS? I think our questions have been answered about the finals! Delayed until end of March earliest. I know theyโ€™ll want to see them in person if at all possible but Iโ€™m sure I read somewhere that they said theyโ€™re used to choosing from videos as thatโ€™s how theyโ€™ve alwaysย decidedย the overseas auditions xย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dancermom said:

So hasย everyone got the email from RBS? I think our questions have been answered about the finals! Delayed until end of March earliest. I know theyโ€™ll want to see them in person if at all possible but Iโ€™m sure I read somewhere that they said theyโ€™re used to choosing from videos as thatโ€™s how theyโ€™ve alwaysย decidedย the overseas auditions xย 

Yes definitely! I am quite relieved as itโ€™s nice to keep hoping that the kids will be able to go in person which I think is so important for them! Yes, Iโ€™m sure youโ€™re right,ย in the initial release about video auditions I am sure they wrote about being well versed in choosing candidates from videos. The only worry is if it goes on any later than March, the parents of the children who have been accepted might perhaps have less time to get their heads around letting their DC go! So hopefully by the end of March the numbers and vaccinations will allow for in person auditions. Fingers tightly crossed! Itโ€™s great that RBS were so on the ball with sending the email to keep us updated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bunny said:

Yes definitely! I am quite relieved as itโ€™s nice to keep hoping that the kids will be able to go in person which I think is so important for them! Yes, Iโ€™m sure youโ€™re right,ย in the initial release about video auditions I am sure they wrote about being well versed in choosing candidates from videos. The only worry is if it goes on any later than March, the parents of the children who have been accepted might perhaps have less time to get their heads around letting their DC go! So hopefully by the end of March the numbers and vaccinations will allow for in person auditions. Fingers tightly crossed! Itโ€™s great that RBS were so on the ball with sending the email to keep us updated.

Yes I think theyโ€™ve been really organised throughout the whole thing definitely on the ball. Now just to wait and see who makes the finals ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ˜ย 

1 minute ago, ponklemum said:

They're hoping to get all results out by 1st March xx

That could also be down to the fa t that they are looking at year 6 young dancers in smaller groups this term so maybe getting a better idea of them than just the short video ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ... I could be wrong of course x

12 minutes ago, Daintydancer said:

Anyone know when Elmhurst have said they will give results?ย 

They havnt really given anyย idea have they? They just said theyโ€™ll be touch, Iโ€™m thinking itโ€™ll probably be the same as royal, maybe a month or so? It would just be nice to have an idea so we can forget about it until then ๐Ÿคฃ !ย 

26 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

They havnt really given anyย idea have they? They just said theyโ€™ll be touch, Iโ€™m thinking itโ€™ll probably be the same as royal, maybe a month or so? It would just be nice to have an idea so we can forget about it until then ๐Ÿคฃ !ย 

Thats why I want to know ๐Ÿ˜‚

RBS and Hammond are at the back of my mind because I know itโ€™s going to be at least another month.