13 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi, 

I just got a long email from the Hammond, I think they might want more material. Not sure, did anyone else get it? I had submitted on the 2nd of January. 

I got it... I didn't read it that way 🤔 they thanked for the submissions already and talked about not extending the closing date and that it can be filmed anywhere, for us not to worry as the panel will see what the need to see. That's how I read it...but I could be wrong 🤣🤣 haven't got a clue what I'm doing lol. They put about what was needed im guessing for those who haven't applied. They would contact the ones directly who have already submitted if they were missing bits.. wouldn't they? Xx

• Like 1

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Crazylifecrazykids said:

I got it... I didn't read it that way 🤔 they thanked for the submissions already and talked about not extending the closing date and that it can be filmed anywhere, for us not to worry as the panel will see what the need to see. That's how I read it...but I could be wrong 🤣🤣 haven't got a clue what I'm doing lol. They put about what was needed im guessing for those who haven't applied. They would contact the ones directly who have already submitted if they were missing bits.. wouldn't they? Xx

ok , thanks, I thought they were encouraging ds to submit more in terms of grand allegro, like to use performance recordings ( which we don't have) . Glad it was just a general email (got confused about the Acting monologue at the end of the email too (then realized it was for the older applicants). Anyway, I emailed her back and she said the panel had viewed his video. I am getting startled easily with any email these days. Thanks again

4 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

ok , thanks, I thought they were encouraging ds to submit more in terms of grand allegro, like to use performance recordings ( which we don't have) . Glad it was just a general email (got confused about the Acting monologue at the end of the email too (then realized it was for the older applicants). Anyway, I emailed her back and she said the panel had viewed his video. I am getting startled easily with any email these days. Thanks again

Oh gosh and me! Nearly had heart failure when that email came in! Especially as it had DCs name on it and delighted they've applied for Hammond 2021 etc etc... I thought it was the results... 🤣 Glad you manged to clarify, always good to hear it from the source, that way you know its right. Good luck to your DS Xx

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Oh gosh and me! Nearly had heart failure when that email came in! Especially as it had DCs name on it and delighted they've applied for Hammond 2021 etc etc... I thought it was the results... 🤣 Glad you manged to clarify, always good to hear it from the source, that way you know its right. Good luck to your DS Xx

I thought it was results too when I saw ds’s name 😂

1 minute ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

🤣🤣 we are definitely a right pair! 🤣

My heart flips every time I see these emails! I also took it that they were emailing everyone just to say they wouldn't extend deadlines and not to worry about recording at home x 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amme said:

My DD isn’t a year 7 entry, but we’ve already heard back to say they can’t offer her anything. So they’re definitely on top of things and checking applications! 

Sorry to hear that 😞

What year was she applying for?  Did they suggest she try again next year? 

26 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

Is it usually in the high hundreds (600/700) of applications that these schools get for lower school? I’ve heard that said before but wasn’t sure if it’s true. X

Yep I would say thats true.....for yr 7 alone there were 3 or 4 auditions a day for first round with about 25 in a class. There were 4 first round days in Birmingham with some in London too.....then about 60 girls in the final audition. There are 14 in dds yr 7 class this year.

Edited by sunrise81

7 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

Yep I would say thats true.....for yr 7 alone there were 3 or 4 auditions a day for first round with about 25 in a class. There were 4 first round days in Birmingham with some in London too.....then about 60 girls in the final audition. There are 14 in dds yr 7 class this year.

Oh wow thats a heck of a lot. Thank you x

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

yes still a lot. Do all the school have that many? Xx

Interesting questions! I looked at the RBS reports from previous years, although the most recent ones don't give detailed stats. However, in 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18 there were between 496-586 WL applicants (presumably for all WL years, not just Y7 entry). Don't know if numbers have gone up in more recent times, but the odds are still very narrow! Yet more to panic about!! 😬 I would guess anyone applying for RBS would also be applying for Elmhurst and maybe also Tring and Hammond... Not sure if it's helpful to know but at least it gives us an idea how many videos they are all having to wade through right now!!

47 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Interesting questions! I looked at the RBS reports from previous years, although the most recent ones don't give detailed stats. However, in 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18 there were between 496-586 WL applicants (presumably for all WL years, not just Y7 entry). Don't know if numbers have gone up in more recent times, but the odds are still very narrow! Yet more to panic about!! 😬 I would guess anyone applying for RBS would also be applying for Elmhurst and maybe also Tring and Hammond... Not sure if it's helpful to know but at least it gives us an idea how many videos they are all having to wade through right now!!

Wow, it’s a lot anyway isn’t it without doing through them one by one on a screen. Xx

• Like 1

My son applied for year 8 at White Lodge last year. There were so many people at finals although mostly girls. My son made it down to the final 3 but sadly did not get in. None of the boys in the final 3 made it into the school. It’s really tough to get in. It’s the most amazing experience though so I would say go and enjoy it. We have no experience of Elmhurst as didn’t apply but his associate teacher said that we should have. Good luck to everyone auditioning this year, we have decided not to do it. Best of luck 🤞 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Niknik10 said:

My son applied for year 8 at White Lodge last year. There were so many people at finals although mostly girls. My son made it down to the final 3 but sadly did not get in. None of the boys in the final 3 made it into the school. It’s really tough to get in. It’s the most amazing experience though so I would say go and enjoy it. We have no experience of Elmhurst as didn’t apply but his associate teacher said that we should have. Good luck to everyone auditioning this year, we have decided not to do it. Best of luck 🤞 

He did so well, that’s such an achievement in itself. Xx

• Like 1