• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Milzmam said:

Good luck to all applying to lower school this year, I found the forum very supportive last year when we were going through the process

Hi Milzman 👋

nice to see you again. Are you trying for yr 8 places?

1 minute ago, Flower said:

Hi Milzman 👋

nice to see you again. Are you trying for yr 8 places?

Hi, no my dd was offered year 10 at Hammond last year but due to funding and covid we didn't take up place. Having a year off the stress this year, haha, and then trying again for upper school for Sept 2022 entry. Are you trying again this year? Xx

45 minutes ago, Milzmam said:

Hi, no my dd was offered year 10 at Hammond last year but due to funding and covid we didn't take up place. Having a year off the stress this year, haha, and then trying again for upper school for Sept 2022 entry. Are you trying again this year? Xx

Ah yes I remember now. Yes dd wanted to try again. I’m remembering the stress - she is obviously remembering the fun of staying in a hotel and having a nice extra ballet lessons 😂

18 minutes ago, Flower said:

Ah yes I remember now. Yes dd wanted to try again. I’m remembering the stress - she is obviously remembering the fun of staying in a hotel and having a nice extra ballet lessons 😂

Good luck to her and you as I definitely think it's more stressful for us parents than it is for the kids! Xx

1 hour ago, Flower said:

🤣🤣 I love this! My daughter sounds like yours, remembering the night in the hotel and extra ballet lesson🤣 (and being on a jolly with friends) 

we have returned for another year of Stress 😩

Edited by Dancer20

Hi Everyone, 

Has anyone registered for the Hammond yet after receiving the acceptance letter? I am just curious as I saw on social media some people are attending a second round of auditions on zoom this week, I don't think it is for MDS but just a second round for entry. 

Has anyone made a decision about current offers and decided to stop waiting for Elmhurst and WL? All the best to everyone waiting, it is so reassuring and comforting to have this forum as always. xx

40 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi Everyone, 

Has anyone registered for the Hammond yet after receiving the acceptance letter? I am just curious as I saw on social media some people are attending a second round of auditions on zoom this week, I don't think it is for MDS but just a second round for entry. 

Has anyone made a decision about current offers and decided to stop waiting for Elmhurst and WL? All the best to everyone waiting, it is so reassuring and comforting to have this forum as always. xx

Hi I registered when we had DCs offer of a funding final x

40 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi Everyone, 

Hello. We are the same and I've completed the registration form but not sent the money yet...we have a date for funding in March. really not sure what to do and dd having second thoughts about whether it is right to move away....thought I would wait for elmhurst and royal and see what happens there! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Thank you @Crazylifecrazykids have they said anymore about the MDS audition, whether on zoom or still planned for March? 

No, just planned for the 17th so we've started process of booking hotel and getting time off school. I believe Tring announced their mds final dates for the weekend, so I'm guessing as it stands they are still planning to go ahead. It will all be down to if the schools re open on the 6th March xx

• Like 1

Hammond know that most or at least a-lot of people auditioning cannot afford to pay fees, so they don’t have to worry about offering places to more people than they have places for. They offer places as they go through rather waiting to have seen everyone. I think also everyone who is offered a place is invited to the second audition for funding, providing they have registered and paid. (We registered when we got the result.)

I hadn’t actually filled the registration form in! I have literally just done it now (thanks for the reminder!) but won’t be in a position to pay the £160 until the end of the month although I did explain this to the registrar who said that was okay. Yes we’ve been told funding final is the 17th. Tring’s is the 13th (and WL have said boys finals are the 11th or 12th so if DS was lucky enough to get to those it’s three in a week!) I haven’t looked at hotels or transport yet, I think we’re just on tenterhooks waiting to hear back from RBS and Elmhurst for now before we make decisions! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bunny said:

I hadn’t actually filled the registration form in! I have literally just done it now (thanks for the reminder!) but won’t be in a position to pay the £160 until the end of the month although I did explain this to the registrar who said that was okay. Yes we’ve been told funding final is the 17th. Tring’s is the 13th (and WL have said boys finals are the 11th or 12th so if DS was lucky enough to get to those it’s three in a week!) I haven’t looked at hotels or transport yet, I think we’re just on tenterhooks waiting to hear back from RBS and Elmhurst for now before we make decisions! 

Does this mean you can fill in the registration form and send it off but defer the payment? I have delayed filling in the registration form because I thought it would ask for payment before you submit (it is one of those forms where you can't see the end of it until you fill it in!). Like you @Bunny, finances are a bit tight and we were holding off...but don't want to miss the actual funding audition!!

5 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Does this mean you can fill in the registration form and send it off but defer the payment? I have delayed filling in the registration form because I thought it would ask for payment before you submit (it is one of those forms where you can't see the end of it until you fill it in!). Like you @Bunny, finances are a bit tight and we were holding off...but don't want to miss the actual funding audition!!

Yes, it is a long form and they ask you tick to confirm that you have sent the 160 to the Finance Dept. You can complete the form without having paid but need to tick that box which could imply liability? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Yes, it is a long form and they ask you tick to confirm that you have sent the 160 to the Finance Dept. You can complete the form without having paid but need to tick that box which could imply liability? 

Thanks @Lara Eschler! Think I'd better email them to check it's ok to defer payment but still fill in the form...Answers to questions so quick on this forum! 😊

We received an email today to offer my DD a place at Hammond, and a funding audition invite. We sent the audition video a few weeks ago. My friend sent their video later, a few days before the deadline, and hasn’t heard anything yet. 

The email gives the planned date for recall of 17th March, but suggests this could change as below :-

Email from The Hammond :-

Our recall audition to award MDS funding and to take our entrance assessments papers were scheduled for the

17th March, 2021.  However due to the current situation, we will advise you nearer the time whether we will hold the recall on this date, or a later date.

9 hours ago, Cheshiredancemum said:

We received an email today to offer my DD a place at Hammond, and a funding audition invite. We sent the audition video a few weeks ago. My friend sent their video later, a few days before the deadline, and hasn’t heard anything yet. 

The email gives the planned date for recall of 17th March, but suggests this could change as below :-

Email from The Hammond :-

Our recall audition to award MDS funding and to take our entrance assessments papers were scheduled for the

17th March, 2021.  However due to the current situation, we will advise you nearer the time whether we will hold the recall on this date, or a later date.

Fantastic, a big well done to your DD! I daren’t plan any travel etc yet just in case! I fear it will all be very last minute for us all x