Royal Ballet Insight Events - News & links

Guest oncnp
42 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Does anyone know why Christopher Saunders called Yuhui Choe "Miss" most of the times he spoke to her?

Perhaps she prefers it?

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oncnp

New Insight (via Friend's newsletter)

NEW INSIGHT ADDITION 

On 8 June, join Rehearsal Director and Principal Character Artist Christopher Saunders in conversation with The Royal Ballet’s former Director, Dame Monica Mason, as he celebrates his 40th anniversary with the Company. Learn more about his expansive career both on stage and in the studio as he continues to prepare new generations of performers in The Royal Ballet’s repertory. Booking will open for all levels of Friends from 23 May at 9am online, ahead of public booking at 2pm. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oncnp

Another new insight from Friend's newsletter

On Monday 17 July, join Wayne Sleep in conversation with writer and broadcaster Edward Seckerson to reflect on his remarkable career in celebration of his 75th birthday. A phenomenon of the dance world, Wayne has brought the exhilarating and transformative power of dance to the masses over five decades through his virtuoso skills as a performer, director, choreographer and philanthropist. With performances from the self-styled ‘pocket Apollo’ himself and special guests including Dame Felicity Lott, this is an event not to be missed!

Booking for both events will open for all levels of Friends from 23 May at 9am online, ahead of public booking at 2pm.

Edited by oncnp

Damn it Monday eves are usually good for me but my usual course finishes the week before this on the 10th and I start a summer course on the Wednesday -Friday that week so  can’t go to this without having to stay in London the whole week!! 
Happy 75th to Wayne anyway ( we are the same age!) 

Guest oncnp

Reminder.....the RB Insight is 25 May (this coming Thurs) and may be on YouTube

Edited by zxDaveM
italics indicate changes; not 100% sure what's on

Oh, is that one going to be Sleeping Beauty? I'd assumed it would be something from the upcoming modern triple bill that was going to be rehearsed.

I'd love to see the the Wayne Sleep one but my reason for wanting to see it is Dame Felicity Lott rather than Sleep. As it's the Linbury it'll probably sell out before public booking anyway.

35 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Oh, is that one going to be Sleeping Beauty? I'd assumed it would be something from the upcoming modern triple bill that was going to be rehearsed.

The info. online doesn’t specify which work(s) will be rehearsed.

But thanks for the reminder @oncp

Guest oncnp
34 minutes ago, capybara said:

The info. online doesn’t specify which work(s) will be rehearsed.

But thanks for the reminder @oncp

Sorry - was looking at the old one.....

Mods could you please remove that post since the information is wrong? Thanks!

Edited by oncnp

7 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Sorry - was looking at the old one.....

Mods could you please remove that post since the information is wrong? Thanks!

I've amended slightly, as the reminder still useful

• Thanks 1

Guest oncnp
7 minutes ago, bridiem said:

And it does say 'Stream on YouTube' on the info page for the Insight.

but that's for Sleeping Beauty....which is where I went wrong

5 minutes ago, oncnp said:

right...but if you click on "Stream on YouTube"  it takes you to Sleeping Beauty

Oh, I see. But mightn't that be just because it's the most recent one that's been streamed/is available? I wouldn't have thought of clicking on it until it was due to be on. Very confusing!

11 hours ago, oncnp said:

right...but if you click on "Stream on YouTube"  it takes you to Sleeping Beauty

I doubt the correct one will be 'up' until the day of the event itself. Always assuming they ARE streaming it this time round (hope so!)

However, on the positive side I made a cuppa, followed the link through and rewatched the recent Sleeping Beauty Insight, I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it! (For anyone who has, it's even better on another viewing.)😊

• Like 1

Just now I called the box office to return x1 of tomorrow’s insight/rehearsal tickets. I went in person yesterday + said ‘rehearsal’, but they assumed I meant ‘general rehearsal’ which you can’t return, I was also confused as I’m not a friend or patron.

Is there anyone sorting out the wording for these two events, as it’s wasting a lot time, money + also potentially stopping others from watching these ‘closed’ events?

Didn't you get the unfriendly message that the phone line is only for Friends now?  Can't you use the standard email route, which I would have thought would get your ticket returned okay?

Guest oncnp

The cast for tonight . No indication whether streamed or not

CAST

PRESENTER

Marcelino Sambé

REHEARSAL DIRECTOR

Christopher Saunders

DANCERS

Annette Buvoli, Mica Bradbury, Ashley Dean, Isabel Lubach, Julia Roscoe, Charlotte Tonkinson, Amelia Townsend

PIANIST

Michael Pansters

Edited by oncnp

7 minutes ago, oncnp said:

The cast for tonight . No indication whether streamed or not

CAST

PRESENTER

Marcelino Sambé

REHEARSAL DIRECTOR

Christopher Saunders

DANCERS

Annette Buvoli, Mica Bradbury, Ashley Dean, Isabel Lubach, Julia Roscoe, Charlotte Tonkinson, Amelia Townsend

PIANIST

Michael Pansters

The way I read it, it does appear to be be being streamed on youtube.

Guest oncnp
9 minutes ago, capybara said:

The way I read it, it does appear to be be being streamed on youtube.

'Hope you are right. The page doesn't mention it and it's not shown pending on the ROH Live YouTube channel. 

1 hour ago, Richard LH said:

This will be a rehearsal of Corybantic Games, at 7:45....still not sure if it is being streamed live..

It's not being streamed. The info. which was online earlier today has been taken down and there are no cameras there apparently.

I wonder why I'm not feeling that I'm missing much?

• Like 4

I wish they'd make it clear whether or not an Insight is being livestreamed. Is it really so difficult? I could have made other plans for this evening. (Yes, I know - in the whole scheme of things, etc... but it's just annoying.)

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest oncnp

A new(ish) Insight that may be of interest 

INSIGHTS: UNDERSCORING THE ROYAL OPERA HOUSE

12 OCTOBER 2023
Join pianist, Kate Shipway and Opera Repetiteur, Susanna Stranders as they discuss their unique differing experiences in performing for the two separate companies within the Royal Opera House; The Royal Ballet and The Royal Opera.

View priority booking dates
General: 2 August 2023, 9am
Young ROH: 1 August 2023, 9am
Friends: 18 July 2023, 4pm
Young Friends: 18 July 2023, 4pm
Friends+: 18 July 2023, 3pm
Supporting Friends: 18 July 2023, 2pm
Premium 1 Friends: 18 July 2023, 12pm
Premium 2 Friends: 18 July 2023, 9am
Edited by oncnp
add booking dates

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed Customer Services about whether or not the ballet Insights were being filmed. Graham Boland replied and said he had been advised that Don Q will certainly be filmed and the Nutcracker almost certainly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1