Royal Ballet Insight Events - News & links

Guest oncnp

On YouTube tonight (8 Mar)

This evening (8 March) join us via our YouTube channel for a special insight - Interrogating the Ballerina!

This panel discussion will explore society's perception of the female ballet dancer as part of our programme of events for International Women's Day.

The discussion will take the image of the 19th century dancer as the starting point for a wider discussion about preconceptions, prejudices and shifting representations of women in ballet up to the present day.

Former Director of The Royal Ballet Monica Mason will be joined by current Principal Sarah Lamb, Curator of Dance at the V&A Jane Pritchard, and dramaturg @uzmahameedrexha, who worked on Wayne McGregor’s trailblazing The Dante Project.

The event will be hosted by TV presenter @brendaemmanus.

Watch via our YouTube channel from 7.45pm GMT!

Royal Opera House - YouTube

Edited by oncnp

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oncnp

Another new Insight..... Insights: Australian dancers at the Royal Opera House (roh.org.uk)

Insights: Australian dancers at the Royal Opera House

7 June 2022, 7.30pm

The event will last approximately 1 hour 15 minutes, with no interval

£15

Find out more about Queensland Ballet's mixed programme as part of the Next Generation Festival. This insight will explore original works by renowned Australian artists and Australian ballet artists more broadly.

Edited by oncnp

8 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Another new Insight..... Insights: Australian dancers at the Royal Opera House (roh.org.uk)

Insights: Australian dancers at the Royal Opera House

7 June 2022, 7.30pm

The event will last approximately 1 hour 15 minutes, with no interval

£15

It would be helpful if the details of the Next Generation Festival itself could be revealed.

Guest oncnp
4 minutes ago, capybara said:

It would be helpful if the details of the Next Generation Festival itself could be revealed.

similarly, the principal casting for Like Water for Chocolate since booking opens on Tuesday. 

Guest oncnp
2 minutes ago, capybara said:

That’s been announced. 

Sorry - not on the website

Edited by oncnp

Guest oncnp
58 minutes ago, Tony Newcombe said:

Many thanks. Still nothing on website with less than 24 hours to go

Wondering if casting is becoming a perk of Membership? Or they just don't know/haven't gotten around to posting it yet?

Also noticed that the gap between "classes" of Friends has widened. It used to be two days between dates, now it's a week. 

Edited by oncnp

17 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Wondering if casting is becoming a perk of Membership? Or they just don't know/haven't gotten around to posting it yet?

Also noticed that the gap between "classes" of Friends has widened. It used to be two days between dates, now it's a week. 

I'm an 'ordinary' Friend and I haven't been sent the casting, and my booking date for LWFC isn't for nearly a month yet. So yes, big gap between Friends' classes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, cackles said:

Except Yasmine said, "you never know". I don't know if the microphone picked that up, but I could hear her from my seat in the Circle.

it was very clear on the live stream

Think it was tongue-in-cheek though, as we have been having so many changes of late (covid and injuries) where Yasmine has jumped in at the last moment

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

Think it was tongue-in-cheek though, as we have been having so many changes of late (covid and injuries) where Yasmine has jumped in at the last moment

Yes, I'm sure it was.