Royal Ballet School Summer Intensive applications 2022

MissEmily

46 minutes ago, Lilidance said:

As we had a no what other ballet intensive in the il do you recommend ?

Too late to apply for YBSS- their appls closed on 10.3. 

Moorlands, Malvern, Elmhurst, Central, Tring, Hammond...

Lcb do a summer sch as do the enb, depending on age. Also, don't rule out the rad ones

• Like 1

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Lilidance said:

Too late for this year, but heads up the School of American Ballet in NYC now has a summer intensive for ages 10-12. My son attends year round and the training is excellent. I'm sure they do an amazing summer program, and it's only 1 week for juniors. Consider it for next year. 

22 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Hi all, long time lurking but first post here. I saw couple of acceptances for week 3. My 10year old daughter is super excited to have been accepted as well. Would anybody want to meet up ahead or at the start of the week 3 and get the little dancers to get to know each other? It will be her first residential and she is a little bit nervous about that. 

My DD is 11years old and it will be her first residential as well. It would be great to meet up beforehand so they have a familiar face when they get there. It depends a bit on logistics of how far away we are from each other. Is there any way of sending a pm from this site?? 

Hi all, long time lurking but first post here. I saw couple of acceptances for week 3. My 10year old daughter is super excited to have been accepted as well. Would anybody want to meet up ahead or at the start of the week 3 and get the little dancers to get to know each other? It will be her first residential and she is a little bit nervous about that. 

My DD is 11years old and it will be her first residential as well. It would be great to meet up beforehand so they have a familiar face when they get there. It depends a bit on logistics of how far away we are from each other. Is there any way of sending a pm from this site?? 

11 hours ago, Dancing.shoes said:

Waiting list here too. Can I just ask - does anyone just get a straight no?! It seems everyone has yes or wait list - in which case nigh on impossible to get a place from WL if everyone has it?! 

A no here for yr10!

1 hour ago, OnlyDance said:

Congrats to the yeses and swls. To any other nos, as someone up thread mentioned, there are other lovely intensives out there. Would recommend Malvern and Elmhurst - my dd thoroughly enjoyed both 😊

Thanks

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lilidance said:

I would also highly recommend Malvern. My DS had a really enjoyable week. There was a presentation for the parents to watch, and I was amazed how much they had done in a week. The quality and content of the course was exceptionally high. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Roo10 said:

I am so sorry this posted so many times!!! It kept telling me it couldn’t post and to try again in so many seconds. I did and it seems to have then posted it each time. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Roo10
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lilidance said:

Thank you all for your advice about an another si for my daughter. Does someone knows if they ask for photos or videos for Malvern ? 
It doesn’t seem so on their site but I m not sure.

Elmhurst do a SS, they are photos but different to RBS front, back, side and one other, my ballet language is rubbish, so wont attempt to say it 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Apologies if I’m repeating a question but I can’t see it - does anyone know if WL places are ever offered off the back of the SI? I couldn’t work out why else they’d ask on the form if you were interested but it surprised me. Thanks 

I know someone who was invited to finals auditions from being seen at summer.

57 minutes ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Apologies if I’m repeating a question but I can’t see it - does anyone know if WL places are ever offered off the back of the SI? I couldn’t work out why else they’d ask on the form if you were interested but it surprised me. Thanks 

This definitely happens, yes. 

On 12/03/2022 at 09:50, Roo10 said:

Hello, I sent you a private message yesterday :) 

On 11/03/2022 at 15:14, NYC said:

Miami Ballet in Florida takes 10 year olds and it's excellent. The video audition deadline is March 15 and it runs the first week of August. It's by the beach and a fast train ride to Disney World so your daughter may enjoy the adventure. I haven't found many intensives in Europe that take young children. We also applied to Paris Opera Ballet as they take young ones but the deadline is passed. Haven't heard yet on results and there appears to be no forum here for it, so unsure how popular it is. 

@NYC - we heard from Paris Opera this morning and are considering it, but my daughter is older - 15.

6 hours ago, Romy said:

Buongiorno, mia figlia è stata selezionata per la wl summer. Sapete se c'è qualche possibilità che riesca ad entrare? Mi chiedo quanto sia lunga la lista. Grazie

Hello Romy and welcome to the Forum!

Buongiorno Romy e benvenuta nel forum!