Royal Ballet School Summer Intensive applications 2022

MissEmily

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Millicent said:

I think WL finals are end of this week aren't they? I was wondering if they would get the SI results out before then. But who knows? Maybe they'll get the WL results out of the way first. Could drive ourselves mad trying to guess! 

Last year SI results came out during WL girls finals. I remember as we were in the hotel in Richmond when we received my DD SI result.

As soon as someone has an answer we tell the others. We are thinking it might more be a no but hope is still there you’ll never know. My daughter is a little chubby but we had the information that it doesn’t bother for SI ! And no pressure is in her for that from her school or me. She has so much pleasure in dancing we will see if she is accepted.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NYC said:

Does anyone know if the youngest age group for the SI tends to weight mostly UK students? My DS10 applied for week 3 but at that age I wonder if they prefer local candidates versus international. 

Last summer was obviously almost all domestic (for the younger ones) given the challenges of travel during covid. But I’ve seen young people post Easter ‘yeses’ from all over the world including Australia and New Zealand. So it appears RBS are very global in their outlook, especially as travel restrictions start to ease.

1 hour ago, NYC said:

Does anyone know if the youngest age group for the SI tends to weight mostly UK students? My DS10 applied for week 3 but at that age I wonder if they prefer local candidates versus international. 

Can’t recall if DC was in the youngest group the first time they went but  think it was Year 6 and there was a large proportion of overseas dancers.  

9 hours ago, NYC said:

My DS attended last year at age 11 and there were a few students from overseas but within Europe x