Jump to content

junedancer

Members
  • Content Count

    227
  • Joined

Everything posted by junedancer

  1. Yes there don't ever appear to be as many boys in MAs - lower as a percentage of the total than the JAs or SAs. There have been a few boys at other centres in the past as noted by @coniger, also Newcastle from memory. I would just ask them.
  2. I have already seen one course charging the same for their on-line offering.
  3. You have possibly looked at this site but incase you haven't seen it. http://educational-grants.org/
  4. Can anyone tell me the time of Royal SA1 boys classes in both Birmingham and London? Thank you.
  5. From reading their funding policies in the past I thought that MDS was only offered to lower school although some current pupils were able to take this into 6th Form. An MDS for 6th Form would surely be financially better than a DaDA. Is this a revision of the policy? They also gave a top, middle or bottom ranking although in reality I don't support many will get waitlist places and DC need to make other plans.
  6. In this case they will most likely be self-employed. The venue may already have been paid so their terms will have to be taken into account by the organiser which I appreciate is their issue rather than the participants. My feeling is that refunds should be made if the alternative offering is not suitable. At the very least e-mails should be not be going ignored. I know quite a few people who have been unable to get refunds on travel and hotels for recent dance events that were cancelled although some have been offered credit notes. For a non-dance related event despite paying in full in advance for a good deal, and the hotel still open at the point we cancelled, we received a full refund on cancellation without our asking.
  7. I had an e-mail yesterday about the cancellation of events at Southbank and today one specifically relating to Emerging Dancer giving the new date. They will move all tickets to a new date, 22nd September, and if you are unable to make it you can get a credit voucher valid for two years or a refund. The deadline for the latter two options is 6th June.
  8. As of now, according to their social media, they are going ahead.
  9. Did they not ask those attending to respond with regards to travel plans? They will have made this decision off the back of this and other advice. Other Easter intensives may now follow their example.
  10. Sorry, I need to take back my optimism!
  11. The closing date for the GM role was end of February so time yet for interviews and any appointment to be announced. I can’t see them running any of the proposed masterclasses and workshops until later in the year at this rate.
  12. Not aware that they will cancel but RBS will not be allowed to accept into WL those who have travelled from any of the countries on the Government list.
  13. Thank you - this pretty much confirms what we have been told. The great plans for the 2019 course never came off and the loss of teachers and administrators (never mind lack or leadership) would have contributed greatly. For this summer they have reduced the class sizes and have offered it to a reduced age range and it will be in their lovely new building. Does your DD plan to attend this year or have you been put off?
  14. My understanding is that they fill the places as the applications come in. Just started to look at the application myself and couldn't see a date. Last time we looked to apply it was the same. Hopefully someone might know more. I am interested to hear how quick they respond. Looking to book a holiday and don't want to wait too long!
  15. Thank you. The dates for Ellison intensive is too early for us. I wasn't able to work out how the classes worked for Portugal. Do you sign up for individual classes? We may take a look at this.
  16. Anyone here able to give feedback on the ENB Summer Course? After the experience of being at what I took to be the upper end of a very long wait-list last year we were pleasantly surprised to get an offer this year. However we are having second thoughts after hearing a few stories about chaotic timetabling, some uninspiring teachers etc. last year. We are also now not sure if it being non-residential will work for us. @FlexyNexy - we agree with your comment on RBS but are assuming that as they get older there will be more hours of dance. Which age group was your DD when she attended? We felt there wasn't enough ballet content compared to other courses. Just trying to gauge if your DD is at the same stage of training for us to be comparable.
  17. Definitely contact them as for WL at this stage it is either a yes for finals or a no thanks not yet. For MAs it will be either yes, wait list or not yet. Hope you can get this resolved soon - the waiting is always bad enough.
  18. You could try hydro-colloid plasters - they would give good protection and help healing.
  19. I have read elsewhere here that you have to apply for WL and MAs or SAs separately - that is one application and set of photographs but two application fees.
  20. Just been messaging her Mum about something else and they have pretty much decided to give it a miss as a whole week wont be possible for them. They were looking for details on the timetable for the week. Does anyone have that information yet?
  21. DD's friend has still not heard back - any replies yet?
  22. Very good point PdQ. I am always proud of the way my DD copes with a no - and we have had numerous, including a number of RBS and other waitlists. It is such a difficult journey for the whole family unit not just the dancer. She has friends who don't take it so well and one whose mother took some helpful constructive feedback badly and while the child wanted to continue on the journey the mother backed off, to the detriment of the child. What must also be taken into consideration as everyone goes through the audition process is this is just the start. The anxious feeling you all have waiting for the "yes" is one you will continue to have in the coming years day in day out as they go from assessment to assessment and audition to audition. I am not saying this to put anyone off nor am I implying that dance parents out there do not already know what they are going into. I am just empathising with the situation as someone going through it. We have good days and bad days but the one thing that makes us all keep going is having a DD who is happy, healthy and continues to love dance - but if this was not the case we would have no hesitation to move to plan B! Good luck to everyone waiting for the outcome of auditions.
  23. There is a further audition for Dance in March so this is not the last date. If the are holding auditions they would, I assume, make offers, of places and funding auditions, but from reading the above posts it looks like bed spaces is an issue. Has anyone been offered a boarding place? I assume the new Year 7 intake would have been made offers. Or perhaps they are waiting until after the finals for funding.
×
×
  • Create New...