Royal Ballet School Summer Intensive applications 2022

MissEmily

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD was accepted for the week 1 residential. 
so sorry for all the no’s and we’ll done for all the waitlisted. There are so many beautiful dancers out there and it’s so hard to be picked from simple photos alone. 

• Like 6

Just now, Siobhan89 said:

Waitlist for DD too, says to confirm place on waitlist this time? Didn’t have that for Spring waitlist? Congratulations to all those with a yes 🥰

Yes for my DD! Really pleased but been given week 5 (we applied for week 2) which clashes with something else we have said yes to....does anyone know if rbs allow you to go on waiting list for another week? Sorry don't mean to sound ungrateful x 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raquelle said:

Yes for my DD! Really pleased but been given week 5 (we applied for week 2) which clashes with something else we have said yes to....does anyone know if rbs allow you to go on waiting list for another week? Sorry don't mean to sound ungrateful x 

The letter mentioned that some kids were offered alternative weeks rather than being waitlisted for their original week

Waiting list for my pupil too. Did everyone else on the waiting list get the message "Further information will be sent closer to the event" when you accepted the waiting list place? Seems a strange message given there probably won't be any "event" for them!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MissEmily said:

Waiting list for my pupil too. Did everyone else on the waiting list get the message "Further information will be sent closer to the event" when you accepted the waiting list place? Seems a strange message given there probably won't be any "event" for them!

Yes, same here. It reads like you're accepting a place...but you're not. I saw this topic on last year's forum and apparently it's normal and causes confusion every year. What I don't know if what chance anyone has of getting off waitlists for summer. 

3 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

Yes us too

1 minute ago, NYC said:

Yes, same here. It reads like you're accepting a place...but you're not. I saw this topic on last year's forum and apparently it's normal and causes confusion every year. What I don't know if what chance anyone has of getting off waitlists for summer. 

I know someone who got a place last year for the summer intensive off of the wait list. So it is possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MissEmily said:

@NYCIt is very disconcerting! I think the answer to your question is that there is A chance, but not very much of one!

Good thing I put a deposit down for a rodeo camp in west Texas during week 3! Guess my son will be riding and roping while everyone else dances, lol. Next year we will try again. I imagine there was a flood of applications this year as last year many had to sit out due to travel restrictions. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

I know someone who got a place last year for the summer intensive off of the wait list. So it is possible. 

Yes we know of someone too but of course, the restrictions on travel limited the number of Intl students who could attend. I suspect less spaces for domestic students this year

Just now, Lilidance said:

She is 10 and it is the first time so we can try again but still it is not easy!

My daughter has been applying for RBS intensives since she was 10 and after many ‘no’s’ finally got waitlist and then a place for the spring intensive this year. Don’t give up 💪

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Lilidance said:

She is 10 and it is the first time so we can try again but still it is not easy!

Don’t be disheartened. My ds got a no in year 5 for summer intensive then a yes in year 6 and now in year 7 at White Lodge. 
Looking back his photos were really not great .. I rushed them . 
it’s purely based on photos NOT talent.. remember that Xx 

• Like 8

My 14 year old DD also got a waitlist place. But I have no idea when for?! I ticked the box but didn’t write the date down cause I thought there was no chance of her getting it!! 😂

Edited by Felicity