Royal Ballet School Summer Intensive applications 2022

MissEmily

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a different week but we got an email last week confirming the times. They are slightly staggered so it might be worth asking them direct if you've not heard anything yet. 

For pick up though, the parent demonstration is scheduled to start at 9.30am on our week, which I mention in case you have to travel any distance. We do, so I have just had to change my 5.40am train to one the night before and book (yet another) night in a hotel to make sure I can be there on time. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BisforBallet said:

We have a Wk5 place. Can someone tell me drop off and pick up times for residential please? Thank you 

You should get an email soon. I just got the email with details for Week 3 a few days ago, so you'll probably get yours soon. I also was told he arrive at 9:30am on pick up day for the demonstration. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BisforBallet said:

We have a Wk5 place. Can someone tell me drop off and pick up times for residential please? Thank you 

Week 5 place too, our letter said 1.30pm registration on Sunday 14 August and parent arrival time 9.30am on Friday 19th, departure at 1.30pm. 

Edited by Medora
Typo
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mum to a boy dancer said:

Just had an offer for Wk5 from the waitlist for my DS! 
I’ve just paid for a summer school in Denmark so looks like mum and dad are eating baked beans for the next month 😂

Congrats! If anything it shows waitlist can activate! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dropping off DD at WL today at 3 for week 1! We are planning to take the tube to Richmond and then Uber or taxi to WL  (does anyone know if Ubers can enter the park? I have the park pass they sent.) They said registration can take up to 30 min. Will I be able to get another Uber (or Bolt etc.) to pick me up at WL? Thanks! 

34 minutes ago, balletmom8 said:

Dropping off DD at WL today at 3 for week 1! We are planning to take the tube to Richmond and then Uber or taxi to WL  (does anyone know if Ubers can enter the park? I have the park pass they sent.) They said registration can take up to 30 min. Will I be able to get another Uber (or Bolt etc.) to pick me up at WL? Thanks! 

We’ve taken Ubers and Addison Lee cars into the park. I just gave them a printed copy of the parks pass as some of the cyclists can be quite confrontational to vehicles entering the park. Not sure however about being able to book a car pick up from white lodge itself. I’ve always walked to Sheen Gate and ordered a car from there, though clearly it’s going to be absolutely baking today.

On 18/07/2022 at 07:46, balletmom8 said:

When you dropped off, were you allowed inside to settle them in and go to their room. Or was it drop n go?

4 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

When you dropped off, were you allowed inside to settle them in and go to their room. Or was it drop n go?

You weren’t allowed to settle them into their rooms I’m afraid. 

Do they help the young kids make up their beds with the bed sheets we have to bring? Also, the emails mention summer intensive clothing and shirts you can pre-order, but I haven't seen any communication on this, or taxi park passes. When did everyone get this information? 

3 minutes ago, NYC said:

Do they help the young kids make up their beds with the bed sheets we have to bring? Also, the emails mention summer intensive clothing and shirts you can pre-order, but I haven't seen any communication on this, or taxi park passes. When did everyone get this information? 

The link to order t-shirts was in the same email sending out the SI handbook. Sorry I can't remember seeing the park pass this year yet - maybe it's still to come out. 

16 minutes ago, NYC said:

My daughter tells me they helped each other out on their bedding. I aided her by making sure it was all packed inside out and we had a practice at home. 
the T-shirt order form was in a link on an email a while ago. I checked it the other day as my daughter fell in love with the blue colour but it doesn’t seem to be working anymore, I think it might be too late. 

Oh no I only just sent out the form about attendance on the final day of the SI W3 😩 I am so stressed that I missed the deadline and worry they won’t let me watch. I sent them an email apologizing so hoping they will take a pity on me. 
I don’t understand why they needed it so early! It’s not like they are asking for some further details, only the name 🥺

23 hours ago, NYC said:

Another email has just come out for week 3 and it includes the parks pass. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

For those that have been and dropped off and collected.....is parking OK at school? We are driving down from the north!

And the parents showing says to be there at 9am.....does it start at that time? And again is parking OK?

Parking was absolutely fine for us at drop off and for the parents showing. The lessons started at 10am on the showing day for week 1, we were told to be there for 9.30.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

For those that have been and dropped off and collected.....is parking OK at school? We are driving down from the north!

And the parents showing says to be there at 9am.....does it start at that time? And again is parking OK?

My DD will also be travelling from the North, after a v quick turnabout from YBSS this coming weekend! I hope it’s obvious where to go when we get to Richmond etc. 

On 28/07/2022 at 21:21, sunrise81 said:

I had to be there for 9 today. I stayed overnight and arrived at the school around 8.30 this morning and there was plenty of parking spaces. We were met outside the main door and taken to a studio to get ready to watch. They started a little late and the morning consisted of a ballet class which took 1 1/2 hours, then a 15/20 minute break, then a second class which took around 1 1/4 hours xx

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dancingpotato said:

Hi everyone just looking for a few bits of advice!

What is involved in the Friday showing?

Also, is it fairly easy to keep in touch with your child do they get there phone back quickly in the morning?

Any other advice greatly appreciated!

Not 100% sure of the plan for Friday yet, but can help re: phones. They’re allowed them after breakfast, through the day and then hand them in back in before bedtime (which I assume changes depending on their age). 

17 minutes ago, Dancingpotato said:

Also, is it fairly easy to keep in touch with your child do they get there phone back quickly in the morning?

I spoke to my daughter in the morning before we got to watch. 
For the presentation we got to watch a ballet class, then there was a short break for snacks (we got to chat to our kids and other parents) then there was a shorter repertoire class. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dancingpotato said:

My son seems to constantly text me after breakfast and during breaks so I think they are pretty liberal about devices. Though they seem to keep them at night thankfully. When we video chat all the kids around him also have their phones, so I'd hate to be the only child without one. The wifi is good enough for Zoom. My child's iPad doesn't even have mobile capabilites so we only use the zoom app over wifi only and it works great. 

• Like 1