Royal Ballet School Summer Intensive applications 2022

MissEmily

26 minutes ago, KeenButClueless said:

Is anyone else a bit disappointed with the course length this year? They had a whole extra day last year for the same price - and we weren’t given the pick up date until after full payment was made. I’m feeling a little robbed for 4.5 days of training to be honest.

I have no prior year of comparison but I wouldn't be surprised if it was so they could clean the rooms before Sunday and have time between residents due to lingering Covid precautions. I was just thrilled they didn't bring in some last minute mask mandate. I did think the instruction quality was very good, even if a short period. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, NYC said:

I have no prior year of comparison but I wouldn't be surprised if it was so they could clean the rooms before Sunday and have time between residents due to lingering Covid precautions. I was just thrilled they didn't bring in some last minute mask mandate. I did think the instruction quality was very good, even if a short period. 

Maybe - but they would have had to clean thoroughly last year too.
The information, when it comes, is always very clear, but I think actual course start and end dates/times should be shared earlier so you know what you’re paying for.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lilidance said:

And she is worried about being the only one who doesn’t speak English enough ! Do you know if there was child in that case too ?

Last week there was a boy who spoke no English. He understood, but didn't speak. It seemed like a range of English skills. I'd ask the school how this works if you get accepted. 

Hi, does any of you know if the participants of the summer intensive that would like to be considered for full time programme get a feedback or not at all? My daughter said she saw a lady taking notes one day but not sure if we will receive any feedback. Thank you 

11 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Hi, does any of you know if the participants of the summer intensive that would like to be considered for full time programme get a feedback or not at all? My daughter said she saw a lady taking notes one day but not sure if we will receive any feedback. Thank you 

Sorry no - if they are interested in making an offer you will be contacted. DC has been at WL when this has happened but nothing ever came of it and no actual offers from those she knew.  Even they didn’t get feedback.

14 hours ago, NYC said:

Last week there was a boy who spoke no English. He understood, but didn't speak. It seemed like a range of English skills. I'd ask the school how this works if you get accepted. 

Definitely some there with little or no English when DC has been there.  There are usually a few who speak the same language and between them they get through.

• Thanks 1

On 07/08/2022 at 17:40, KeenButClueless said:

Is anyone else a bit disappointed with the course length this year? They had a whole extra day last year for the same price - and we weren’t given the pick up date until after full payment was made. I’m feeling a little robbed for 4.5 days of training to be honest.

This has been an issue before and apparently while the number of days vary the actual hours of dance for each course should be the same.  I never went to check between the two years this happened to us do can’t confirm but this was on the web site at one point a few years ago.

8 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

Also the class sizes seem quite large....my DD says 28 I'm her group? This is her first time doing it, but not had classes this size before at other well known courses.

my ds said there were 28 in his class too (this was week 2)

20 hours ago, Evangeline said:

It doesn't happen a lot but they will see potential and offer a place based on what they see. Maybe one from the summer schools every year. Sadly there is no feedback - this is the same if you have a vocational space there!

14 hours ago, PrancingMum said:

Definitely some there with little or no English when DC has been there.  There are usually a few who speak the same language and between them they get through.

Thank you very much and she hopes she can make it next year but not sure at all. She did 3 SI this summer and is very motivated!

5 hours ago, Tiaramum said:

It doesn't happen a lot but they will see potential and offer a place based on what they see. Maybe one from the summer schools every year. Sadly there is no feedback - this is the same if you have a vocational space there!

Did anyone on here get offered a fast track to auditions, place, or straight entry to the next SI? I know it happens but don’t know if anyone was selected this year

8 hours ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Did anyone on here get offered a fast track to auditions, place, or straight entry to the next SI? I know it happens but don’t know if anyone was selected this year

I have seen on FB about a girl being offered direct entry for next year

17 hours ago, Tiaramum said:

Thank you Tiaramum. 

On 09/08/2022 at 00:24, PrancingMum said:

Sorry no - if they are interested in making an offer you will be contacted. DC has been at WL when this has happened but nothing ever came of it and no actual offers from those she knew.  Even they didn’t get feedback.

Thank you PrancingMum

11 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

I have seen on FB about a girl being offered direct entry for next year

Was this on RBS facebook page? Or is there another facebook forum? :) If so do you mind sharing the page? Unless it’s somebody’s personal FB account of course…

On 08/08/2022 at 07:54, Lilidance said:

My DD wasn’t accepted this year but wants to try again next year how much finally did it cost you for the week ?

This year it was £36 to apply then £845 for the week, which turned out to be Sunday afternoon to Friday lunchtime, but with parent arrival early in the morning. Some people therefore also have to factor in a night at a London hotel to be there on time. 
Arrival and departure days/times are not shared until after you pay.

• 2 weeks later...