Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't which is worse, to get a no in the first auditions, or to get to the finals every year at every audition and then get a no. The journey goes on though, and as long as the DC are getting good quality training, there will be still be plenty of opportunities down the track.

• Like 1

Danceintherain my friends dd was at Elmhurst last Tuesday and she still hasn't had a reply so I think you may have a few more days wait yet. Although I have seen on here that others from Tuesday have had replies so not sure where hers is?? best of luck for RBS tomorrow for anyone auditioning in birmingham

Hi amos73 spoke to my friend earlier to see if she had received her letter as I'd noticed others were receiving letters over the weekend and she hasn't had anything, and today's post has been delivered so looks like she has to wait until at least tomorrow now! Wonder if they have a system at all ie all year 7's, then year 8's or all yeses then all no's?? Who knows I suppose!!

I don't think any results from last Thursday's (21/1) auditions have arrived yet, only those from last Tuesday. So I wouldn't worry just yet if you were on the 21st.

No dancefanatic we were Tuesday! Also welcome to the forum, are you year 8 too then?

Edited by Lema

Hi Lema, and thank you.  Yes, another Year 8.  My DD was invited to Elmhurst finals last year but didn't make it further and, like all of them, was devastated.  She was lucky to get an MA's place from being on the SWL and insisted on re-auditioning for WL and Elmhurst again this year.  Not sure I can handle all the angst again but am pleased she is so determined so here we are again....  I have stressed and stressed to her that these auditions are more than likely just an extra ballet lesson as the likelihood of a place being available is slim.  Not sure she's really listened but she was super relaxed last week and really enjoyed the day.

• Like 4

Hi Lema, and thank you. Yes, another Year 8. My DD was invited to Elmhurst finals last year but didn't make it further and, like all of them, was devastated. She was lucky to get an MA's place from being on the SWL and insisted on re-auditioning for WL and Elmhurst again this year. Not sure I can handle all the angst again but am pleased she is so determined so here we are again.... I have stressed and stressed to her that these auditions are more than likely just an extra ballet lesson as the likelihood of a place being available is slim. Not sure she's really listened but she was super relaxed last week and really enjoyed the day.

Aww congratulations to your dd for getting MA that's a massive achievement for her!! And she has the right attitude, if at first you don't succeed try and try again....also the attitude my dd has adopted! It is a very emotional and stressful time but I have found it a little easier this year, whether that's experience or the pressure is off a little with knowing just how hard getting a year 8 place is, that said its still not a walk in the park though is it lol.

• Like 1