Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

My dd has had a no she auditioned on 19/01 afternoon. They said email but I received a letter

Very sorry to hear the bad news staceydor, hope your dd has took it okay? Always a terrible feeling to have to break the news, we just have to remember that it only means a no for today and only for that school!! And I think you may be right balletmum20 seeing as staceydor had her letter on Saturday, I'm sure the rest must be in the post!! Best of luck to everyone who will be stalking the postie today :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks balletmum20, DD isn't auditioning for Hammond, but very happy with finals for the two she has. She is auditioning for YDA as well on 7th Feb. (Did Royal yesterday but not expecting anything from that one.)

Looking forward to meeting you and your DD at the finals for Tring and Elmhurst!

The answer is some of both, they have some scholarships and have boarding I think local to the school, but I don't know all the details. We live ten mins from there so not boarding something we would need to worry about! I think their applications close this week so if you are interested contact them ASAP. Prelims are 7 Feb.

I'm sure it is on there - under fees and downloads. £3885 per term years 7-9.

Edited to add - I just looked and closing for applications was last Frii 22 Jan, but they might still accept an application if you phone the office and speak to them direct.

Edited by amos73

The wait is the worst balletqueen so I certainly feel your pain, but the worst of all is the wait after finals...ughhhh that really is torture and I swear I never achieved anything during last years wait, felt like I just sat around all day waiting for the post!!

• Like 1

Thanks lema, I already feel I can't concentrate! Last year after finals it was only a couple of days for us but applied for more schools this year. Not even a week since the last audition and I'm guessing another 10 days or so before we hear so I really should switch off! Guess im worried about lots of things, I know to some it probably sound ridiculous as we can't control anything. I think having others to talk to that are going through the same thing makes it easier and perhaps that's what I'm lacking near me. Any advice appreciated!

Amos- waiting on royal for now and summer school!

Edited by balletqueen
  • Like 1

No not ridiculous at all, well at least not to me as I am exactly the same!! But then I also have nobody to talk to about it and those that do try to ask just don't understand the whole process and then I end up spending half my time trying to explain about why there are two auditions, why she even wants to go "away" to school and then there's the "well I thought she got in last year?" Question, that leads to explaining about the whole funding issue....very draining as I swear even if I take my time explaining it all they loose interest and don't listen anyway!!

I can't quite decided if I think the forum is a help or hindrance during the wait, as You can come on here and see everyone else getting their letter and yours hasn't arrived yet, it makes you think about it even more then as you know it must be on its way lol or you think well they have all had yes letters so ours must be a no else it would have arrived the same day as theirs :D could drive yourself mad!! But having said that at least everyone on here is in the same boat, they completely understand and support you no matter if it's a yes or a no!!

• Like 3

I don't think there have been any royal results yet have there? Where did you audition? We were just Sunday so expecting a few weeks wait (and not expecting finals either so not really stressing about it). Thank goodness Elmhurst and Tring came through quickly. But even so those six days waiting were excruciating!!!

Hope you hear soon!

Thanks lema, I already feel I can't concentrate! Last year after finals it was only a couple of days for us but applied for more schools this year. Not even a week since the last audition and I'm guessing another 10 days or so before we hear so I really should switch off! Guess im worried about lots of things, I know to some it probably sound ridiculous as we can't control anything. I think having others to talk to that are going through the same thing makes it easier and perhaps that's what I'm lacking near me. Any advice appreciated!
Amos- waiting on royal for now and summer school!

• Like 1

Amos don't write the Royal off too soon, your dd has had an amazing audition season and we were the same last year, didn't expect RBS finals but it happened for us so you never know!! Your dd must be a very talented little girl so she has as much a chance as anyone else x

Edited by Lema
  • Like 4