Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dd auditioned in London on 17th January with two of her friends, all got a "no". We got results on the 28th.

Hello VikAse and welcome to the Forum.

I'm sorry to hear about you DD and her friends' bad news.  Let's hope it's a "not yet" and they have success in the future.  Do let us know how your DD gets on.

• Like 3

Hello VikAse and welcome to the Forum.

I'm sorry to hear about you DD and her friends' bad news.  Let's hope it's a "not yet" and they have success in the future.  Do let us know how your DD gets on.

Sorry to hear of your dd`s no VikAse,but welcome to the Forum. 

Thank you Lisa O`Brien and Janet McNulty for your support :)  

• Like 1

I wonder if they tend to take older ones for SS then - to assess them for WL?

I was told at the weekend a friend was told by her RB JA teacher that you cant just audition for MAs, you have to audition for WL & MAs or just WL - can someone confirm if this is true?  Her daughter doesnt want to go away to school, but would love to try for MAs but isnt sure what to do now.

I was told at the weekend a friend was told by her RB JA teacher that you cant just audition for MAs, you have to audition for WL & MAs or just WL - can someone confirm if this is true?

No, that's not true. You can audition for just MAs.

Edited by glissade
  • Like 1

I thought you could just tick the MAs box but not WL. I'm sure I was told that by the woman at the JA office too.

Just heard of two girls from dd's dance school through to WL finals, one for yr 8 and one for yr 9. Both auditioned in London. Soooooo, MUST be Manchester today, and London yr 7 tomorrow. Then Birmingham would be the only ones left to come, so guessing Wednesday latest OutofmyDepth.
Come on Royal, we know you're dying to send all those emails out!!!

Edited by amos73
  • Like 5

I was told at the weekend a friend was told by her RB JA teacher that you cant just audition for MAs, you have to audition for WL & MAs or just WL - can someone confirm if this is true?  Her daughter doesnt want to go away to school, but would love to try for MAs but isnt sure what to do now.

You can tick either MA or WL or both. Same audition just a tick on a form. 

• Like 1

Is her dd at Royal ballet associates.  My dd is and she didn't get into summer school last year.  One of the other girls did though.  Her and my daughter were both year 5.  The other little girl I think is amazing (to my untrained eye) and I felt they were checking her out for admission but that's pure speculation.

You just don't know what they are looking for.  The auditions for WL and MA take the form of an associate class but with people on a panel watching.  You can just for MA if you want as far as I know.   I'd go for it xx 

• Like 1

We are awaiting Birmingham results but didn't audition until last Wednesday so will be a while yet I think. DS has no expectation of getting through to finals but he really enjoyed his audition so that's the main thing.

Does anyone have any info on the format of the Elmhurst finals? DS is through to finals and although DH has seen the school he didn't go for the first audition and would quite like to have a look around and be able to see what I saw. Is that likely to be able to happen? Thank you

Fingers crossed for all those still waiting too.

Jennyboydance - last year at Elmhurst finals, the parents are given a timeslot for a tour, so you will get to see everything again, including one of the boarding houses too. All the current children leave good luck messages (as those auditioning will have their own tour too), it is very lovely. Last year they did say one parent per child though, which is different to WL where both are allowed. It's a shame because I feel both parents need to see it so they can make an informed decision if they are offered a place.